Disney Studio updates from 3/01

Sean23

Original Poster
I spoke with two cast members and the both told me one mans dream would be open two more years. I know that does not really mean anything but I hope so. Below is the sign in front of the hat now.

Attachments

• 20030302-004.jpg
    20030302-004.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 639

SirNim

Thanks for the update! :sohappy:
Although, I admit you did have me when you omitted "MGM" from the title of this thread!!:lol: :D :)

ToTBellHop

Originally posted by kevlightyear
Wow, that sign came down fast! When did the construction walls go up? Geez!

Thanks for the update!

The sign has not "come down" yet--a construction wall simply went up. The sign is still there and will undergo changes over the next few weeks.

kevlightyear

Here, look at Sean's image next to one of mine from last July. The lime green line's match up, and it's evident that the sign (or at least the top portion of it) has been removed.

Attachments

• hat.gif
    hat.gif
    144.4 KB · Views: 519

bamboo7

Originally posted by Sean23
I spoke with two cast members and the both told me one mans dream would be open two more years. I know that does not really mean anything but I hope so. Below is the sign in front of the hat now.

it is true that 'one man's dream' is remaining open. i don't know if it'll be there for 2 years, but they deceided to keep it due to positive guest feedback. the only official mention of it being open i've received since 100YOM ended is that it is 'open daily during park hours'

kevlightyear

Just a little update:

My mom and sister just got back and they told me that the construction walls were up last Tuesday around the hat. They said that on Friday, the 100 yom sign was still up, so that means it must have come down Friday night/early saturday morning.

As a side note, they noticed GMR was under rehab as well.

WDW1971

I agree with the comment about getting rid of the hat. It was nice for a temporary item, but move it to somewhere else. The idea of moving it to the entrance to Fantasmic sounds perfect. The theme fits it.

Open up the view of the GMR from the entrance.

Cliff

Regarding the hat, I heard a rumor when it was being built that WDI was intending on putting some "light show" inside it. A CM said that there was supposed to be allot of lasers projecting something on the inside walls of the hat.

Anybody know anything about this? ( Total rumor or an idea that was scrapped.)

-Cliff : - )

bamboo7

Originally posted by WDW1971
I agree with the comment about getting rid of the hat. It was nice for a temporary item, but move it to somewhere else. The idea of moving it to the entrance to Fantasmic sounds perfect. The theme fits it.

Open up the view of the GMR from the entrance.

well, i'd also like to see it moved, but that'll never happen. That thing is SECURLY planted in the ground. Plus they are trying to take attention away from GMR. THe hat won't be going anywhere any time soon.

WDW1971

Originally posted by bamboo7
well, i'd also like to see it moved, but that'll never happen. That thing is SECURLY planted in the ground. Plus they are trying to take attention away from GMR. THe hat won't be going anywhere any time soon.

Nothing man-made is ever so securely planted in the ground that it can't be removed. Working in engineering in the construction industry has taught me that.

Why are they trying to take attention away from GMR?

Nickahlers

Refurbishment

They're trying to take attention away from GMR because it is closed right now for "routine maintenance." I think it is supposed to open in mid-April sometime...

Is Voyage of the Little Mermaid open again yet?

imagineersrock

WHY TAKE ATTENTION AWAY FROM GMR, ITS GORGEOUS! -ITS LIKE ONE OF THE BEST PICTURE SPOTS IN THE PARK, IN MY OPINION. ANYWAY, I LOVE THAT IDEA ABOUT MOVING IT TO FANTASMIC (WHETHER POSSIBLE OR NOT) I STILL THINK THATS A GREAT IDEA!

no2apprentice

Originally posted by WDW1971
Nothing man-made is ever so securely planted in the ground that it can't be removed.
Of course it could be moved (for a whole lot of $$$ and grief). But I believe the point that bamboo7 was trying to make was that the hat was built to be a permanent fixture, not a temporary one. Whether we like it or not, someone in the higher ups thought it would be a great idea to make the Sorcerer's Hat the new DS icon, and place it right in the middle, blocking GMR, to be the focal point for all DS.

As Jack Skellington said, "Oh well."

Sean23

Original Poster
Here is the construction going on at the front of mgm:

Attachments

• __hr_20030302-006.jpg
    __hr_20030302-006.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 293

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom