Disney Store CM benefits:tickets Question

*disneymagic*

Original Poster
I am a Disney Store CM and I know we receive 2 Disney Parks tickets twice a year as an employee benefit and I received my first 2 tickets in July, but do we receive the other 2 in December or January??

Figment632

Im a cast member in Frehhold NJ and Iwas told and Im pretty sure now that disney runs TDS again that we get the same discount in the parks and on park tickets as do regular CM's. A fellow CM to me that she save close to 50% on park tickets and hotel. I work nex sat and can find out for sure then.

*disneymagic*

Original Poster
We are owned by Disney again but we don't get the same benefits as WDW CMs, unfortunately. We get 4 tickets yearly but they can go to the parks for free.
I just need to know if we get the 2nd set of tickets in December or not. Thank you Figment, tho!

Kaotica

Hi . I used to work at the Disney Store a few years ago, and we would receive our winter tickets at the very end of December. I believe after Christmas.:xmas:

Captain Hank

Im a cast member in Frehhold NJ and Iwas told and Im pretty sure now that disney runs TDS again that we get the same discount in the parks and on park tickets as do regular CM's. A fellow CM to me that she save close to 50% on park tickets and hotel. I work nex sat and can find out for sure then.
Standard park ticket discount for WDW CMs is much, much lower. Most CMs get 4 comp tickets per year, plus their main gate. If they need to purchase additional tickets on top of those, the discount is somewhere around 10% or so. Hotel discounts are typically 40-50% off.

Frank Stallone

Resort discounts can be as much as 50%, depending on the time of year. Not really sure what the discount is at Company D for park tickets, since I always use my maingate so my guests get in free.

Definitely nowhere near 50%, though. Probably closer to 15-25%

Figment632

My manager was very slow getting this info to me so I went ahead and booked with out saying I'm a cast member to insure that I got a room because we are going from Dec 30 to Jan 5. Do you think it is to late to call back and try to get the discount?

Captain Hank

My manager was very slow getting this info to me so I went ahead and booked with out saying I'm a cast member to insure that I got a room because we are going from Dec 30 to Jan 5. Do you think it is to late to call back and try to get the discount?
It certainly couldn't hurt to try.

foslizedtresap

Question...

Do you get the CM benifits for working in the stores if you are part-time. I went to apply at my local store, and they said they could only give between 5-10 hours a week to each employee. Although the money wouldn't be much, it'd be nice to have the perks like tickets. DO they expire?

*disneymagic*

Original Poster
Do you get the CM benifits for working in the stores if you are part-time. I went to apply at my local store, and they said they could only give between 5-10 hours a week to each employee. Although the money wouldn't be much, it'd be nice to have the perks like tickets. DO they expire?

You should be able to receive the tickets if you work part-time. But I'd check with your manager just to be sure. They can tell you how often you have to work to receive them. And yes, unfortunately the tickets do expire after 2 years if they have not been used.

jiminyfan

My store closed shortly after Disney took it back over. The girl in reservations for tours, gave me 50% off one of the tours. She also said that they get 50% off at resorts and could get family and friends 40%, using the portal at the store. Is this still true?

raven

My store closed shortly after Disney took it back over. The girl in reservations for tours, gave me 50% off one of the tours. She also said that they get 50% off at resorts and could get family and friends 40%, using the portal at the store. Is this still true?

50% off resorts and 40% for F&F all depends on the time of year. They come and go frequently and it also depends on availability. But using the Hub is the easiest way to reserve them. You can also call the reservation line.

I worked at a Disney store that closed shortly after the redo as well but was able to move down to Florida and start a job within the 90 days in order to keep my seniority.

Figments Friend

Wow...i had no idea working at The Disney Store had perks like THIS!

Holy cowflaps...!

Thanks so much for bringing this to my attention!

:wave:

Tink313

Hey guys thanks for the info. I just started working at the Disney Store this past November :sohappy: and they kept me part time after the holidays :D. I have been dying to know about our discounts. My manager had told me we get park tickets 2 times a year discounts at disney (hotel and shopping), we also get discounts at verizon and apple, which is all cool but how do I get these discounts.
Stupid question I know but when ever I bring up the conversation she talks about showing her ID and she breifly talks about the pros of working there but then we get cut off (an empolyee comes in or she is extremly busy) and I dont want to be that annoying newbie :lookaroun. I would ask my fellow CMs but they dont seem very into disney :shrug:.
I finally got my portel # the other day thou, is that all I need along w/ my ID # to get a discount on a vacation package at WDW. I already had booked a bounceback package last year for this year and I would love a little off the total price.:eek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom