Disney Store CM benefits:tickets Question

Victor

Hey guys thanks for the info. I just started working at the Disney Store this past November :sohappy: and they kept me part time after the holidays :D. I have been dying to know about our discounts. My manager had told me we get park tickets 2 times a year discounts at disney (hotel and shopping), we also get discounts at verizon and apple, which is all cool but how do I get these discounts.
Stupid question I know but when ever I bring up the conversation she talks about showing her ID and she breifly talks about the pros of working there but then we get cut off (an empolyee comes in or she is extremly busy) and I dont want to be that annoying newbie :lookaroun. I would ask my fellow CMs but they dont seem very into disney :shrug:.
I finally got my portel # the other day thou, is that all I need along w/ my ID # to get a discount on a vacation package at WDW. I already had booked a bounceback package last year for this year and I would love a little off the total price.:eek:

Here's the rundown on discounts:

-All part time and full time CMs receive 40-60% off Disney resorts. I just booked AKL at 60% off in Feb! To book you can call the CM line or visit the Hub. All you need is your PERNR, and present you CM ID upon check in.
-40% off Disney resorts for friends and family without you being present.
-All part time and full CMs receive 2 comp passes, two times a year. Typically at the beginning and end of the year. (This begins after working there for three months.)
-20% discount on merch in parks, 30% after 3 years.
-All Asst. Managers, Managers, and salaried employees receive a maingate pass.

The other discounts you speak of are through a free service provided by Disney called LifeCare. You should receive benefit information in the mail with instructions on how to use LifeCare.

Tink313

Here's the rundown on discounts:

-All part time and full time CMs receive 40-60% off Disney resorts. I just booked AKL at 60% off in Feb! To book you can call the CM line or visit the Hub. All you need is your PERNR, and present you CM ID upon check in.
-40% off Disney resorts for friends and family without you being present.
-All part time and full CMs receive 2 comp passes, two times a year. Typically at the beginning and end of the year. (This begins after working there for three months.)
-20% discount on merch in parks, 30% after 3 years.
-All Asst. Managers, Managers, and salaried employees receive a maingate pass.

The other discounts you speak of are through a free service provided by Disney called LifeCare. You should receive benefit information in the mail with instructions on how to use LifeCare.

Thank You so much Victor for all the infomation. One last question how long does it take to recieve a CM ID?

Hopefully I will get the nerve to ask my manager for the address for the hub(website) and the CM line.:eek:

Thanks alot again I really appreciate your help :)

Victor

Thank You so much Victor for all the infomation. One last question how long does it take to recieve a CM ID?

Hopefully I will get the nerve to ask my manager for the address for the hub(website) and the CM line.:eek:

Thanks alot again I really appreciate your help :)

No prob. CM IDs...well it depends. After working for 60 days you are eligible for your CM ID. You need to get your pic taken by a manager, then they send your info off to Human Resources. It can take anywhere from a week to two months to receive it. Sometimes HR has 'lost' the info sent. It all depends on how much your managers are up HRs butt about it.

I'll PM you the info for the Hub site and the CM line.

Tink313

No prob. CM IDs...well it depends. After working for 60 days you are eligible for your CM ID. You need to get your pic taken by a manager, then they send your info off to Human Resources. It can take anywhere from a week to two months to receive it. Sometimes HR has 'lost' the info sent. It all depends on how much your managers are up HRs butt about it.

I'll PM you the info for the Hub site and the CM line.

Thank You Victor. You have been great :sohappy:

AylaRanzz

I've been thinking about looking into getting a part time job at my local Disney store and was looking up the benefits and wanted to know, do with the benefits, when booking a trip, can you still get the discount if you did it through the WDW site if you called to book your trip? And can you use the free park passes as part of that if you were doing park hopper and all that?

And do the passes one get the employee in or are they good for guests of the employee?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom