Disney Springs Was Mateen's Original Target! -- NBC News

Gringrinngghost

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...d-attack-disney-world-prosecutors-say-n860786

Who didn't think this might be the case at the time...? So, there IS value in "security theater"...
This isn't anything new.
Screen Shot 2018-03-28 at 3.34.57 PM.png

https://www.cnn.com/2016/06/14/us/orlando-shooter-omar-mateen/index.html

Kamikaze

Saw this earlier today. Very scary to think of what may have happened if he had gone through with his plan at Disney Springs.

The stuff at the gates is the theater. Actual police officers at DS is security.

Thats not to say that Disney security isn't doing their job as best they can, but it is extremely easy to sneak anything you want into a park.

The Empress Lilly

I have been a prospective terrorist target now in a train, a bus and a bar I've visited. And also both DLP and WDW. All eyed for narrowly thwarted or even executed acts of mass murder. I have learned that there really are people eyeing me, counting down the days until they can slith my throat. (This is not the political forum, or I'd have some spicy non-PC remarks to add!)
I don't complain about the security at airports or theme parks anymore.

Andrew M

And to think I usually roll my eye when these guys go though strollers so thoroughly. Guess I will look that those inspections a little differently now.

Having taken a single and double stroller on the last trip it varied from taking everything out and really looking to a quick glance. Kinda scary how easy hiding a weapon in there can be accomplished now that I think about it.

NelleBelle

Having taken a single and double stroller on the last trip it varied from taking everything out and really looking to a quick glance. Kinda scary how easy hiding a weapon in there can be accomplished now that I think about it.
Do they make you take the kids out? I hate to even think that someone sick enough would hide a weapon underneath their child but I suppose they could. My kids were born right after 911 so we had the bag checks but no X-ray machines. The extent of the bag checks were to unzip the diaper bag, they look inside (don't move anything) and you move on. Haven't paid attention recently but do they make parents take babies out of the baby carriers that are strapped on? Weapons could easily be stashed in there between parent and baby. I'm frankly not surprised at the varying levels of scrutiny security checks are given the high failure rates of TSA...sad.

Castle Cake Apologist

Saw this earlier today. Very scary to think of what may have happened if he had gone through with his plan at Disney Springs.

Well, he did go through with an alternate plan that led to the murder of 49 people. We can't really make assumptions, but the situation may have actually had far fewer casualities at Disney Springs as it is a much more open space and there are armed police officers everywhere.

zooey

I have been a prospective terrorist target now in a train, a bus and a bar I've visited. And also both DLP and WDW. All eyed for narrowly thwarted or even executed acts of mass murder. I have learned that there really are people eyeing me, counting down the days until they can slith my throat. (This is not the political forum, or I'd have some spicy non-PC remarks to add!)
I don't complain about the security at airports or theme parks anymore.
Wut

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom