Disney Springs to offer $25 bonus shopping cards

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Shopping is the easiest to compare, because in many cases the vendors are part of a chain, and have other locations to compare against.

Dining capacity is still maxing out in the evenings, particularly at weekends, so the still-to-come restaurant are very much needed.

I think it is safe to say that in the vast majority of cases, all of the Disney Springs tenants are killing it.

Since this is the case why the Discount?, Usually discounts offered if sales or traffic is below planned level

Bob

B00b
Premium Member
The discount only applies to Disney owned stores, which as I said above, are suffering from the change in bus stop location and extremely high targets.
cd92914a2bf2bdf79f91a99b91ce8e80--art-gallery-trust-me.jpg

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Try shopping at Uniclo. They've got exclusive Disney shirts for a fraction of what Disney wants for shirts at World of Disney.

I don't know why Disney lets them get away with it.

This is a great tip, thank you. I'll check it out, I haven't been in there yet.

WhatJaneSays

That's why Disney wants to buy Crossroads so as to eliminate that nearby competitor it of course is being pitched to FL DOT as a traffic flow improvement. Just compare Longhorn Steakhouse prices vs STK.
There's almost nothing at Crossroads that's even a mild competitor for Disney Springs. The Vineland outlets for shopping, but they're more of a nightmare on the average day than it's worth. For fine dining there are maybe a few places worth traveling to for guests, but for the most part you're not really saving any money or getting a better value for your dollar.

(Honestly the Hotel Plazza/Apopka Vineland intersection can be a traffic problem and needs to be addressed, but not severe enough for something drastic.)

I am Timmy

To be fair, STK and Longhorn aren't in the same ballpark. Frontera Cocina though, what a joke.
What about Frontera Cocina? Why is it a joke? Is it the food, the way it looks, the outfits they make the employees wear? Dangit, my DH wants to try it next trip!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
The discount only applies to Disney owned stores, which as I said above, are suffering from the change in bus stop location and extremely high targets.

During my (yearly) visit to WDW back in May, I went to Disney Springs one afternoon, via a Disney bus. It is a slight trek (in the Florida heat) walking up to the Marketplace, from the new bus stop location. I could not help but notice that the foot traffic toward Earl's was way down. I went to Wolfgang Puck's Express for lunch, and only 4 tables were occupied--at 12:30 p.m. This was a dramatic difference from many previous years.

Kman101

What about Frontera Cocina? Why is it a joke? Is it the food, the way it looks, the outfits they make the employees wear? Dangit, my DH wants to try it next trip!

I'd still try it. I've been hearing good things but everyone's experience may vary. I haven't tried it myself yet.

John park hopper

Never made it over to DS on our May trip. Has DS replaced all the shops that were on Main Sreet in MK. Main Street looked different to us but it had been 17 years since our last trip to M. DS at that time was geared more for night life entertainment. Just wondering?

Nick Pappagiorgio

Never made it over to DS on our May trip. Has DS replaced all the shops that were on Main Sreet in MK. Main Street looked different to us but it had been 17 years since our last trip to M. DS at that time was geared more for night life entertainment. Just wondering?

Really in most cases they have the same stuff that is in all of the stores. A lot of standardized merch these days. But they don't generally have items that are specific to a park or an attraction.

Sped2424

Shopping is the easiest to compare, because in many cases the vendors are part of a chain, and have other locations to compare against.

Dining capacity is still maxing out in the evenings, particularly at weekends, so the still-to-come restaurant are very much needed.

I think it is safe to say that in the vast majority of cases, all of the Disney Springs tenants are killing it.
Meaning I can enjoy uniqlo for years to come :")

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom