Disney Springs to offer $25 bonus shopping cards

Jedi Stitch

A 25% discount. Not too shabby -- I can see lots of folks taking advantage of this as long as they're planning to spend the money anyway.
Hey, I do that at home. If I plan to go out to eat or movies and something of the sort, I go to Costco and get the stuff nearly 20% discount there. Or if I am going to get things at Home Depot or other places, I go to my Kroger store to get the cards because it 4x bonus to fuel points. So, Awesome. If i was there I know I could blow through the 125% savings. Anytime they want to give me 25%, I'm in.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
You don't give $25 discounts if sales are according to plan. Whoops guess Disney Springs business not so great turns out it does not run on Rainbows and Unicorn powered MAGIC.

When your businesses are peddling $35 t-shirts and $20 tacos, you can't expect to make a lot of money when guests can just go across the street and spend $14 and $2.50.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
You don't give $25 discounts if sales are according to plan. Whoops guess Disney Springs business not so great turns out it does not run on Rainbows and Unicorn powered MAGIC.
The Marketplace is under-performing in relation to targets, although those targets are somewhat unrealistic, especially in the light of the bus stop relocation and there newness of the Town Center and Landing.

But as always since its opening, the vast majority of Disney Springs is absolutely crushing it, and most locations are the highest performing in their respective chains.

Bob

B00b
Premium Member
The Marketplace is under-performing in relation to targets, although those targets are somewhat unrealistic, especially in the light of the bus stop relocation and there newness of the Town Center and Landing.

But as always since its opening, the vast majority of Disney Springs is absolutely crushing it, and most locations are the highest performing in their respective chains.
cd92914a2bf2bdf79f91a99b91ce8e80--art-gallery-trust-me.jpg

PuertoRekinSam

Too bad it’s only for shopping and only at DS. Sometimes the art I want isn’t at the Disney springs location and I have to go to Epcot.

But it is a better deal then the one I have been using...

I found out BJ’s wholesale has a whole bunch of Disney gift cards on sale at their website. The best deal is the $100 card for $94.99. And you don’t need to have a membership, and shipping is free.

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes

are you saying that in terms of shopping or dining?

I have consistently seen information, some speculation, and a whole lot of my own observation, that people are not actually spending in the stores at Disney Springs. Just curious on the clarification there.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
When your businesses are peddling $35 t-shirts and $20 tacos, you can't expect to make a lot of money when guests can just go across the street and spend $14 and $2.50.

That's why Disney wants to buy Crossroads so as to eliminate that nearby competitor it of course is being pitched to FL DOT as a traffic flow improvement. Just compare Longhorn Steakhouse prices vs STK.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon

Which portion of DS performs best shopping or dining? Personally I think that Dining would be the top performer at DS

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Which portion of DS performs best shopping or dining? Personally I think that Dining would be the top performer at DS
Shopping is the easiest to compare, because in many cases the vendors are part of a chain, and have other locations to compare against.

Dining capacity is still maxing out in the evenings, particularly at weekends, so the still-to-come restaurant are very much needed.

I think it is safe to say that in the vast majority of cases, all of the Disney Springs tenants are killing it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom