Disney Springs Tenant Map

Next Big Thing

That is enough to make me book a flight to Disneyland. That and the fact that they have actual new rides (to me) and all sorts of new nighttime entertainment.
The last new ride that opened at DLR was in Summer 2012. Since then, WDW has opened the FLE phase 1, Test Track redo, SDMT, Festival of Fantasy and currently has Pandora, Frozen re-do, Disney Springs, Hub project and Soarin/TSMM expansion under construction. By my count, that'll be 9 new attractions/experiences while all DL has gotten is the 60th stuff and Mickey and the Magical Map. Plus FotLK moved locations in that time as well.

That's a lot more than DLR has going on at the moment, which is very little. Yes, the classic rides are getting some updates and the nighttime shows are getting improved, but the only legitimate "addition" is Paint the Night. Everyone and moans about how great DLR is, but take away the DCA redo and when was the last time they actually added a NEW attraction to Disneyland (not brought an old experience back)?

Let's face it: WDW isn't in a golden age right now, but neither is DLR. DLR relies VERY HEAVILY on locals and nostalgia. Oh and in case you guys forgot, the last E-ticket added to Disneyland Park was Indiana Jones in 1994...

But don't want to veer off-topic too much, just a little rant about how parks fans seem to overlook things because of said nostalgia.

jkpmac

The last new ride that opened at DLR was in Summer 2012. Since then, WDW has opened the FLE phase 1, Test Track redo, SDMT, Festival of Fantasy and currently has Pandora, Frozen re-do, Disney Springs, Hub project and Soarin/TSMM expansion under construction. By my count, that'll be 9 new attractions/experiences while all DL has gotten is the 60th stuff and Mickey and the Magical Map. Plus FotLK moved locations in that time as well.

That's a lot more than DLR has going on at the moment, which is very little. Yes, the classic rides are getting some updates and the nighttime shows are getting improved, but the only legitimate "addition" is Paint the Night. Everyone ******* and moans about how great DLR is, but take away the DCA redo and when was the last time they actually added a NEW attraction to Disneyland (not brought an old experience back)?

Let's face it: WDW isn't in a golden age right now, but neither is DLR. DLR relies VERY HEAVILY on locals and nostalgia. Oh and in case you guys forgot, the last E-ticket added to Disneyland Park was Indiana Jones in 1994...

But don't want to veer off-topic too much, just a little rant about how parks fans seem to overlook things because of said nostalgia.

Just a bit of nostalgia, wasn't one of the main reason's Walt built WDW was because of the lack of expansion opportunities in Anaheim? In fact as I recall after DLR was built, it became surrounded by some rather seedy businesses. My personal opinion is that comparing DLR and WDW is like comparing apples and oranges, simply because of the room for expansion and changes. WDW gets more new things because there is room to grow. DLR does not have that space, yet it has managed to make some significant changes. Going to DLR for the first time soon, I think I could qualify as a WDW vet so I look forward to sharing my experience out there.

Jon81uk

[QUOTE="Next Big Thing, post: 6627614, member: 63848"]

But don't want to veer off-topic too much, just a little rant about how parks fans seem to overlook things because of said nostalgia.[/QUOTE]

Last E-Ticket at DLR was Radiator Springs Racers and before that Tower of Terror. The DisneyLand can't expand much but DCA added plenty of E-tickets.

SirLink

That's a lot more than DLR has going on at the moment, which is very little. Yes, the classic rides are getting some updates and the nighttime shows are getting improved, but the only legitimate "addition" is Paint the Night. Everyone ******* and moans about how great DLR is, but take away the DCA redo and when was the last time they actually added a NEW attraction to Disneyland (not brought an old experience back)?

Since when did people book trips to see an expanded hub or more theaters or more tracks of current ride or a restaurant?

Also please explain how DL relies on locals when the two times I have gone I have seen masses of Australians/Japanese/Indians descending upon the place ...

Next Big Thing

Since when did people book trips to see an expanded hub or more theaters or more tracks of current ride or a restaurant?

Also please explain how DL relies on locals when the two times I have gone I have seen masses of Australians/Japanese/Indians descending upon the place ...
They don't and I realize DLR has a massive reach to those cultures. My statement about locals was more i comparison to WDW and you failed to provide any argument that DLR has actually added anything of worth since everything I mentioned.

I love Disneyland, but for those who continue to say DLR is miles ahead of WDW lately... I just don't see it.

SirLink

They don't and I realize DLR has a massive reach to those cultures. My statement about locals was more i comparison to WDW and you failed to provide any argument that DLR has actually added anything of worth since everything I mentioned.

I love Disneyland, but for those who continue to say DLR is miles ahead of WDW lately... I just don't see it.

I didn't even touch that subject because DLR because they have added a massive E-ticket into DCA - and are continuing to fix thematic issues currently in DCA. Also DL is getting a new night time parade and new fireworks show. Even at WDW I don't expect an E-ticket every year to open - I expect them to spread them out across the resort. DL will/should be getting a Star Wars E-ticket. The last new E-ticket to open in Florida was Everest in 2006/2007.

When people say DL is miles ahead they are talking about cleanliness, food, customer service, upkeep. Those four points are where WDW struggles with.

But if you want to continue with this please can we take it to PMs. Thank you.

Last edited:

jenny_h

I'm a little bit confused. When Disney announced the new Disney Springs they said that they will go from 75 to 150 stores. Have they not announced everything that is coming? As of now, there is definitely not 75 new stores that have been announced or on their map, because 75 stores is a lot!! o_O I might be completely wrong though!! ;)

Mouse Detective

I think that includes all the new restaurants and kiosks. About a dozen of them are on Pleasure Island while the Town Center area in the former PI parking lot will be home to most of the others.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I'm a little bit confused. When Disney announced the new Disney Springs they said that they will go from 75 to 150 stores. Have they not announced everything that is coming? As of now, there is definitely not 75 new stores that have been announced or on their map, because 75 stores is a lot!! o_O I might be completely wrong though!! ;)
The bulk of the stores will be in the new Town a Center area which has just started construction. No tenants have yet been announced for this area,

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
I have updated my list on the first post and there are a few spots in the Landings that I have not accounted for yet. Some of it may not have been built yet, like the stuff down by STK, but there are other areas that might have been built, but I might have missed what they are. Can everyone familiar with the current state of the project take a look and see if you can fill in any of the blanks? Thanks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom