Disney Springs Mask Enforcement

jl3283

Original Poster
So, I went to Disney Springs yesterday and didn’t feel fully safe. All the cast members I saw were wearing masks, but there was a lot of guests not wearing them and I didn’t see any cast members enforcing mask wearing. I felt safe around cast members but not other guests. I’d expect Disney to enforce this but I don’t know if they fully are. Anyone else notice this? I attached some pics.

Attachments

• 894CBC46-7013-483C-A86D-BB54E55F0CAB.jpeg
    894CBC46-7013-483C-A86D-BB54E55F0CAB.jpeg
    156.1 KB · Views: 650
  • AEDEF4BE-00BB-49F0-8607-CDEF00862F40.jpeg
    AEDEF4BE-00BB-49F0-8607-CDEF00862F40.jpeg
    103.1 KB · Views: 651

robhedin

So, I went to Disney Springs yesterday and didn’t feel fully safe. All the cast members I saw were wearing masks, but there was a lot of guests not wearing them and I didn’t see any cast members enforcing mask wearing. I felt safe around cast members but not other guests. I’d expect Disney to enforce this but I don’t know if they fully are. Anyone else notice this? I attached some pics.
Saw the same thing when we went a couple of weeks ago. I guessed at the time that 85-90% of people were wearing them. The only enforcement we saw was some reminders were things like "don't forget, your mask should cover both your mouth AND nose!" which generally got ignored. I honestly don't blame the general cast for not doing/saying anything - but I'm a bit surprised that security was ignoring it as well.

Jon81uk

As a general thought I am still avoiding anything non-essential, so unless I absolutly need to go out shopping (ie for food) I'm not going. So although you might want to go to Disney Springs, if you felt there are more people than you felt comfortable with, then it might be best not to go for a few more months.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
You should not be going to Disney Springs or any other public place if you feel unsafe around people who aren't wearing masks.

(This is not a defense against people who aren't wearing masks. I personally think masks are stupid, but if a place has a mask policy, you should follow the rules or just not go.)

Genie_naughty_whispers

Saw the same thing when we went a couple of weeks ago. I guessed at the time that 85-90% of people were wearing them. The only enforcement we saw was some reminders were things like "don't forget, your mask should cover both your mouth AND nose!" which generally got ignored. I honestly don't blame the general cast for not doing/saying anything - but I'm a bit surprised that security was ignoring it as well.

I imagine that percentage will keep going down. people give in to peer pressure too easily. “ive seen 30 people not wearing one and they aren’t in trouble, why should I wear one” and the slippery slope begins.

crawale

'Fully safe'? I don't thnk there is a place on earth where you are 'fully safe'.

Tori

No public place is "fully safe". I'd advise not going out.
7EFA65A6-B2DF-48BC-913C-BEC2354F1E50.jpeg

Last edited:

Letteyeti

I totally agree that you have to make your own judgement call on if you feel safe or not. If you don't feel it to be a safe environment then don't go at that time. Disney Springs will be there at a later date. I went shortly after Disney Springs reopened and I do have to say that 90% of the people that were walking around had masked on. The ones that didn't the Cast Members I saw didn't say anything to them. The thing is I saw those people without masks in advance and avoided them. It really didn't ruin my day or anything like that. I just went on with what I wanted to do. I am a local so I wasn't planning on making it an entire day there. I just wanted to have some Disney back in my life so I went for a bit. It was fine and had a bite to eat. I hope as the crowds get bigger there is more enforcement of the masks even if it is by someone other than the CM's like security.

JIMINYCR

Uni has set up non mask zones where guests can enter to take masks off for a break, but be distanced and Disney is going to do the same. I bet many masks arent going to be fully covering faces as well. Lots of parents with young kids seen allowing their kids to walk unmasked, they arent going to be fighting with their kids to keep masks on. Get used to the inconsistency and non enforcement.

Prince-1

You should not be going to Disney Springs or any other public place if you feel unsafe around people who aren't wearing masks.

(This is not a defense against people who aren't wearing masks. I personally think masks are stupid, but if a place has a mask policy, you should follow the rules or just not go.)

Places that have a mask rule should do their best to enforce them. It's really that simple.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Unfortunately, you have to except that folks won't always be wearing a mask. Please keep in mind that a mask isn’t immunity either. My suggestion, as others have mentioned, is if you personally don't feel safe, then you might want to skip out on DS and WDW until the dust has settled. Everyone has a different risk tolerance, and it sounds like yours isn't high.

Last edited:

jaklgreen

The people in your picture are outside and you can easily keep your distance from them. I don't know why you would not feel safe being several feet away from someone outside. I will suggest what others have, if you do not feel safe, outside and distanced from others, then perhaps it is better for you to not go to these places.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Uni has set up non mask zones where guests can enter to take masks off for a break, but be distanced and Disney is going to do the same. I bet many masks arent going to be fully covering faces as well. Lots of parents with young kids seen allowing their kids to walk unmasked, they arent going to be fighting with their kids to keep masks on. Get used to the inconsistency and non enforcement.

Uni's are also smoking areas!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom