Disney Springs Mask Enforcement

Parker in NYC

See, now that's just parroting a talking point ("wait until a vaccine is ready"). Not everyone will take it. Not everyone takes the flu shot. And there is the very real possibility that there is NEVER a vaccine.

So my question is, what do you do since not everyone will take it and there may not be one in the first place?

At least you have the wherewithal to avoid the use of talking points.

disneygeek90

I'm curious about Universal's rest zone areas whereby guests may remove face coverings......... are they still operating those mask optional zones? (they were operational 5 days ago)

I ask because Orange County issued its directive after Universal opened those zones. Is Universal under some kind of exempt status from the county order whereby it is allowed to keep its rest zones?
Still operating. I haven’t personally gone in any but I’ve walked past several.

I’d guess there’s something agreed with the govt to allow since this time isn’t a short grocery shopping trip.

BASS

Did you actually say to use YouTube as a source?? 😂😂

Thanks for making me laugh Phil.

Sadly, the internet has killed expertise. Now, anyone can get a degree from University of Youtube or read a 140 character tweet, and that person feels sufficiently educated to debate experts.

Ben_since_1971

Realistically look at the number that have died and when you put it into perspective the overwhelming majority were old people in nursing homes. And while people love to say how much they care about those people and that their lives matter, the fact is they are in those nursing homes because their family didn't care enough about them to deal with them at home. The nursing homes in this country are by and large just places where families ship their old to be warehoused and die. If you look at the number of younger people killed by this virus it is far less than the number of young people that die in any given year from the flu. We don't shut down schools because of the flu each winter now do we.
Gotta say I disagree with you on this one. My father is in a nursing home not because I don’t care enough about him to take care of him at home. Quite the opposite. I put him there (with his consent) because I don’t have the means to give him the care he deserves. I do not doubt that your characterization of ‘warehoused and die’ is true in some (and I do mean some) cases. However, before Covid, the visitor’s log on weekends was always booked. So please tone down your characterizations.

G00fyDad

There are plenty of people that work in the medical field - and I'll leave you to look that up on Youtube yourself - that say they are not meant for healthy people to wear nor are they meant to be worn for a long time.

Follow the money with this thing. Always follow the money. Who is manufacturing the masks and who is making money off of this? It might give you insight as to why it gets pushed as much as it does.

I work in the medical field. My wife works in the medical field. Most of the people we know work in the medical field. Saying that masks are not meant for healthy people is just stupid. Wearing a mask while you go into a store will not hurt you. Wearing a mask while you go to a bank teller will not hurt you. Wearing a mask while you stand near others in a protest will not hurt you. Wearing a mask while you speak to customers for an entire 8 hour shift will not hurt you. I see patients all day long and I wear a mask for 8+ hours a day. My wife wears a mask for her entire 12 hour shifts. Wearing a mask will not hurt you. Wearing a mask protects others from something you may have. Utilizing conspiracy theories you see on Fox "News" and Breitbart makes you look silly and not wearing a mask makes you look silly and inconsiderate to others.

Oh, and stop watching YouTube if all you learn is that masks are bad for you.

G00fyDad

Cases here in SC have not gone down in fact they have gone up and many towns are now requiring masks in all public places town of MT Pleasant will fine you $25 for not wearing one. So much for the idea cases would abate in the heat of the summer and humidity.

Consider that source though. That same nugget of wisdom was brought to you by the same "J"enius that brought you Covfefe.

Parker in NYC

Cases here in SC have not gone down in fact they have gone up and many towns are now requiring masks in all public places town of MT Pleasant will fine you $25 for not wearing one. So much for the idea cases would abate in the heat of the summer and humidity.

We need those $25 fines here in NYC. I don't care what the numbers say, I see people outside acting like it's gone.

Goofyernmost

A little problem here... I know a number of us have been dinged for even mentioning vaguely political and here they are running Political based advertising. Color me confused.

Walt Disney1955

Strong mask enforcement at Universal today. Every CM that has seen someone dropping mask has asked them to correct.

Here is hoping lots of other break the ice so that we can go when it gets back to normal. It is sad it has come to this, because you simply can't enjoy a theme park with a mask covering half of your face in the hot Florida sun. You need to see smiles, you need to see laughter. How do you even know how your kids react when they are on a ride? This won't be a banner era to remember, so I'll skip it and hope it goes away fast. Because those masks just de-humanize people.

Walt Disney1955

We need those $25 fines here in NYC. I don't care what the numbers say, I see people outside acting like it's gone.

It's a big city thing. Go to a beach in a small town. The tourists are free there. I know, I've been that tourist this year. It is quite refreshing without the constant reminder that there is a pandemic. No masks, no nothing. Just family fun on a beach like its...............2019. Eventually people will crave this again.

disneygeek90

Here is hoping lots of other break the ice so that we can go when it gets back to normal. It is sad it has come to this, because you simply can't enjoy a theme park with a mask covering half of your face in the hot Florida sun. You need to see smiles, you need to see laughter. How do you even know how your kids react when they are on a ride? This won't be a banner era to remember, so I'll skip it and hope it goes away fast. Because those masks just de-humanize people.
The fact that you're letting a small piece of cloth "de-humanize" people is worrisome. I've had some great days at Universal over the past month. If anything, the parks mean more now to the human spirit than ever before.

Walt Disney1955

The fact that you're letting a small piece of cloth "de-humanize" people is worrisome. I've had some great days at Universal over the past month. If anything, the parks mean more now to the human spirit than ever before.

Why would they mean more? I have to wear that death trap 40 hours a week, not by choice. So it irritates me the more people I see comply like trained seals with this thing. If we all just stopped being so paranoid no company would force you to wear masks if the public wasn't into it. My question is what is your exit strategy? If you are waiting for a vaccine that is not acceptable. HIV never got one, so you might be waiting forever. Do you want to wear a mask for the rest of your life in a crowded environment? You didn't start thinking this way until March until you were told to.

lazyboy97o

Why would they mean more? I have to wear that death trap 40 hours a week, not by choice. So it irritates me the more people I see comply like trained seals with this thing. If we all just stopped being so paranoid no company would force you to wear masks if the public wasn't into it. My question is what is your exit strategy? If you are waiting for a vaccine that is not acceptable. HIV never got one, so you might be waiting forever. Do you want to wear a mask for the rest of your life in a crowded environment? You didn't start thinking this way until March until you were told to.
It's amazing how you still don't understand. Maybe one day you will figure it out.

disneygeek90

Maybe not the rest of our lives but also maybe while cases are spiking?

Walt Disney1955

It's amazing how you still don't understand. Maybe one day you will figure it out.

I am way ahead of you, and there are those of us waiting for people like yourself to wake up to the truth. It is quite frustrating to witness.

Maybe not the rest of our lives but also maybe while cases are spiking?

In Ontario they are declining and they are starting to force masks. Explain how this makes sense. In Florida people act like it is a bad thing there are more positive tests. If anything it is showing just how microscopic the death rate actually is. It is at flu/pneumonia levels. I realize it is very hard for people to realize that the thing they have been so scared about is actually not that scary at all, but it is never too late to start thinking this way.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom