Disney Springs is what?

Fable McCloud

Original Poster
Excuse my ignorance here, but I seem to have missed the explaination of what Disney Springs actually is. Is it an expansion or a new community and where is it going in relation to the parks?

luv

I like the name. :)

If the finished product looks like the drawings and if it has a nice, open, airy feel to it...I think I'm going to like Disney Springs much more than DTD.

We'll see!!

WDWoptmist

I like the name. :)

If the finished product looks like the drawings and if it has a nice, open, airy feel to it...I think I'm going to like Disney Springs much more than DTD.

We'll see!!
I love the concept art and the idea of the landscape just going to miss the name Downtown Disney...always felt so catchy lol

ExtinctJenn

I still call it MGM, so I have no doubt I'll forget and call it Downtown Disney for now and all eternity.
Ok....I am rather showing my age here...... I remember it as Buena Vista, before it was DTD.
To that end, I for years still called it Disney Village. I am sure, like you @hellowonderland, I'll be calling it Downtown for years to come. Disney Springs doesn't sound to me like what it is going to be but I'm sure it'll grow on me.

luv

To that end, I for years still called it Disney Village. I am sure, like you @hellowonderland, I'll be calling it Downtown for years to come. Disney Springs doesn't sound to me like what it is going to be but I'm sure it'll grow on me.
I remember Disney Village! Haven't thought about that in years! When did it change? (Just wondering if you know, off the top of your head, not asking you to go research!)

I'm pretty good about switching names. DHS - I almost never forget that. Every now and then, I slip and say "MGM", but I usually catch it.

I do keep forgetting the new name for "El Rio del Tiempo" and call it "the boat ride in Mexico." :)

I'll be happy to switch to "Disney Springs", though. To me, it sounds prettier. I agree that DTD does sound more upbeat, though. :)

Weather_Lady

It's PEOPLE! Disney Springs is PEOPLE!!!!

Oh, er, ahem, I mean it's Downtown Disney with a facelift: shops, restaurants, movie theater, bowling alley, etc., all open to the public and not requiring a park ticket. It's a nice diversion if you have time to kill and has some terrific restaurants, but it's by no means a "must-do" for any Disney vacationer (exception: the shopaholic).

John

Being the V.P. of operations for the D&G crowd I am super excited about this project. I have accepted the fate that the AC will never return. But if they do this right I will love it. When I say....right? I mean something unique. Stores and shops that cant be found anywhere else. If Disney wants to do some PR repair.....give us some unique merch and for heavens sake give us some adult establishments. Third party....fourth party....fifth party I don't care just give us somewhere to party Disney style. We are on vacation!

jw24

When I first hear Disney Springs, I tend think it's either a spa resort or something. I think I'll still call it Downtown Disney regardless. It'll be interesting what they'll add, shops wise. I've read that Earl of Sandwich will be remodeled and expanded, which is good. If there's one restaurant I never want to see go, it's Earl of Sandwich! And I think I also read World of Disney will expand so that's good news. It'd be a travesty if they got rid of the signature store in Downtown Disney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom