Disney Springs - Didn't like it

rucifee

I think it's a bit quick to judge considering the place is still under heavy construction. Plus you're going during one of the busiest times of year...it's going to be crowded...especially the shops..

It was too crowded for me to enjoy it in January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, and November of this year so far. ;) Almost as crowded as Orlando Premium Outlets was over the summer, and much more expensive as well. I don't really see too many locals enjoying DS anymore, may as well just go to the Florida Mall or Mall at Millenia, probably spend less too.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
I really liked the new vibe of DS when I was there in September. The Boathouse is outstanding. So is the new Margarita Bar. The volcano lounge at RainForest is cool too. The Hanger looks awesome.

I don't go there to buy stuff though, so I can't comment on that. But as a place to grab some drinks and eats, A+

DisneyFans4Life

It was too crowded for me to enjoy it in January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, and November of this year so far. ;) Almost as crowded as Orlando Premium Outlets was over the summer, and much more expensive as well. I don't really see too many locals enjoying DS anymore, may as well just go to the Florida Mall or Mall at Millenia, probably spend less too.
Again...there is a lot of construction going on...so it's going to be crowded...especially at night. I've been quite a few times during the day and it's not bad at all.

rucifee

I really liked the new vibe of DS when I was there in September. The Boathouse is outstanding. So is the new Margarita Bar. The volcano lounge at RainForest is cool too. The Hanger looks awesome.

I don't go there to buy stuff though, so I can't comment on that. But as a place to grab some drinks and eats, A+

I don't personally get anything out of the majority of Disney's eateries, there are so many other options in and around town.

rucifee

Again...there is a lot of construction going on...so it's going to be crowded...especially at night. I've been quite a few times during the day and it's not bad at all.

What??? There's construction going on? :hilarious: Just kidding...

I don't go to DS at night, haven't in years. DS/DtD makes a sardine can look cozy at night.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
I don't personally get anything out of the majority of Disney's eateries, there are so many other options in and around town.

I don't live in Orlando area. When I am at WDW I stay on property or go to USO. Greater Orlando holds less then 0 interest for me. So, my dining options are restricted to on resort options. I live in Northeast NJ though, I am not some Midwestern rube who eats at wherever @hakunamatata eats. I know good food. And the Boathouse is spectacular. I'd compare it favorably to any place I have ever eaten.

flyerjab

I don't live in Orlando area. When I am at WDW I stay on property or go to USO. Greater Orlando holds less then 0 interest for me. So, my dining options are restricted to on resort options. I live in Northeast NJ though, I am not some Midwestern rube who eats at wherever @hakunamatata eats. I know good food. And the Boathouse is spectacular. I'd compare it favorably to any place I have ever eaten.

Could not agree more. When I go to WDW, I am not going there to eat off property. And I am from Southeast PA, so now I know why I enjoy your snark. But yes, the Boathouse has vaulted to the top of our list as far as on property restaurants are concerned. The food is great, and the aesthetic of the building, coupled with the outside boat dock and bar is wonderful.

rucifee

There's nothing wrong with that. :)

G00fyDad

Just back from a quick trip to WDW. Went to see DS for 1st time. Marketplace is still fine, but as for the rest, I wasn't impressed. Hated the garages. Ugly. The buildings in the Landing are aestetically nice looking, but the shops are WAY too expensive, there's very little room to move, and it's just "too busy". The brick building that houses the new Bakery and hat shop is just not placed well. I like that there are musicians, but there are too many. It was too noisy. Back to the shops, they simply aren't interesting. Just high end mall shops. Maybe once it's done, I'll change my mind, but for now, no desire to go back.

Untitled2.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom