News Disney Springs Begins Phased Reopening on May 20

Bob Harlem

Open on May 14th:

Full-service restaurants and quick-service food locations:

Auntie Anne’s Pretzels
Bubba Gump Shrimp Co.™ Restaurant and Market
Jimmy Buffett’s® Margaritaville® (outside & Lone Palm)
Red Oven Pizza Bakery™ mobile ordering available
Voodoo Doughnut mobile ordering available

Shopping venues:

Airbrush
Hart & Huntington Tattoo Company® (retail only)
Universal Studios Store™ and select merchandise carts

Entertainment venue:

Hollywood Drive-In Golf™

TrainsOfDisney

The Polite Pig, Joffrey’s Coffee and Tea Company and YeSake have now said they are currently planning on the 20th for their reopening.

If I can get polite pig and Joffreys count me in! (Put the bbq pitchforks down I don’t live in Florida, I won’t actually be there. I’ll be making my Joffreys at home!)

Piebald

Citywalk with temp checks, mandatory mask and the usual long trek to get to it just for some pretzels, mediocre restaurants and 3 stores. That's quite a mission.

Wondering if opening up and beating Disney so to speak is good or bad. They'll be the Guinea pig so to speak for a weekend

Getachew

Citywalk with temp checks, mandatory mask and the usual long trek to get to it just for some pretzels, mediocre restaurants and 3 stores. That's quite a mission.

Wondering if opening up and beating Disney so to speak is good or bad. They'll be the Guinea pig so to speak for a weekend

I think it's time Disney sits back and watches someone else take the lead for once.

TrojanUSC

Our favorite thing to do for dinner is to go to the Bar/Lounges at the Boathouse or Wolfgang Pucks Bar and Grill and go to the Cabanas at the Dolphin for a fish tacos lunch. Plus do casual walk in to a restaurant at Disney Springs for lunch or dinner. I haven't heard how seating or if walk ins will still be allowed and how social distancing will work in the Bar/Lounges/Cabanas. Food for thought.

Walk-ups will probably be allowed, but bar/lounges won't be operating unless they are serving a full plated meal (aka Wine Bar George).

LizzyDragon

Our favorite thing to do for dinner is to go to the Bar/Lounges at the Boathouse or Wolfgang Pucks Bar and Grill and go to the Cabanas at the Dolphin for a fish tacos lunch.

Looking at the website for the Dolphin, it looks like they are still closed for the time being (along with all the other hotels on Disney property). The Swan/Dolphin says they'll be closed through May 31st. I'm not finding confirmation yet that the Boathouse or Wolfgang Pucks will be open on the 20th (at least from looking at their FB pages).

Last edited:

Jrb1979

Its posts like this that bother me. This Disney elitist attitude that a lot of Disney fans have is unbelievable. Its fine to not like other parks but to constantly belittle and look down on other parks is another thing.

Getachew

Try a usual long trek from Orange to Raglan Road. They wouldn’t like that.

Don't how how true this is, but a mod at the DISboards claims some TM's are being called back to the parks, and are looking to open June 1st. If true, how does that effect Disney? Would Disney re-open in June, or still wait considerably longer?

Rumor about “modified experiences” when Disney reopens (read 1st post for potential modifications being considered)

This is all assuming this is true of course, or if the call backs really mean a June 1st re-opening.

Piebald

Its posts like this that bother me. This Disney elitist attitude that a lot of Disney fans have is unbelievable. Its fine to not like other parks but to constantly belittle and look down on other parks is another thing.
Wut?

I'm not elitist. I think UO is a great resort (Volcano Bay is way better than WDW water parks) but Universal really falls short on a few things, food (it's awful there) and Citywalk vs Disney Springs. No one can sit there with a straight face and say CW is better or even on par with DS.

My post was more the fact that Citywalk will have a weekend and a few days head start of Disney and it will be interesting to see if opening before them has no effect or will backfire.

At least I can park at Disney Springs and walk. Yes it's a little more involved with the garages but still way better than City Walks moving walkways, security checkpoints and generally small footprint once you're there.
At

Jrb1979

Wut?

I'm not elitist. I think UO is a great resort (Volcano Bay is way better than WDW water parks) but Universal really falls short on a few things, food (it's awful there) and Citywalk vs Disney Springs. No one can sit there with a straight face and say CW is better or even on par with DS.

My post was more the fact that Citywalk will have a weekend and a few days head start of Disney and it will be interesting to see if opening before them has no effect or will backfire.

At least I can park at Disney Springs and walk. Yes it's a little more involved with the garages but still way better than City Walks moving walkways, security checkpoints and generally small footprint once you're there.
At
I disagree on the food. Cowfish and NBC Sports are both great.

JoeCamel

Wut?

At
You must be eating in park, the food is a step above what I have had in other parks IF you include Citywalk and the hotels. I take it all as a package as you can be to most in 15 - 20 minutes and have a great selection to choose from.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Walk-ups will probably be allowed, but bar/lounges won't be operating unless they are serving a full plated meal (aka Wine Bar George).
Our fingers are crossed that Wolfgang Pucks Bar and Grill plus the Boathouse will be allowing drinks and “plated” food at their bars.

When you say 'at the bar' do you mean the physical bar, the kind with stools at which you normally get alcoholic drinks?

Because if that is the case, just how many people can sit at a bar with 6 feet in between each person/group?

Parker in NYC

When you say 'at the bar' do you mean the physical bar, the kind with stools at which you normally get alcoholic drinks?

Because if that is the case, just how many people can sit at a bar with 6 feet in between each person/group?

However many people decide to adhere to social distancing. I mean, however many people decide not to.

Whoops, what was the question again?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom