News Disney Springs Begins Phased Reopening on May 20

Lilofan

I like the answer but it only says wear a mask for entry. It should actually say wear a mask at all times.
It should but it looks like common sense is a thing of the past. Don't like to wear a mask, don't like the Disney rules on their property, don't go and stay home or take your money elsewhere.

Radeksgrl

Does anyone know what time they will starting letting people park in garages on Wednesday morning? I saw that most of the restaurants are opening around 1130am, but I'm hoping they will start letting people park their cars and begin the temp screening process before that. (Sorry if someone already asked this, I didn't have time to read through all 14 pages of this thread.)

wdwfan22

Disney can’t enforce rules on a normal day I love how everyone thinks they are going to enforce the mask rules. Over at city walk only security and managers are allowed to tell you to put on a mask. And after an hour at city walk on opening day there were quite a few people with there mask down. It will be no different at Disney. Also right now it’s just locals showing up wait until the tourist start returning the mask idea is just that a nice idea. It not going to be enforceable.

Unbanshee

Disney can’t enforce rules on a normal day I love how everyone thinks they are going to enforce the mask rules. Over at city walk only security and managers are allowed to tell you to put on a mask. And after an hour at city walk on opening day there were quite a few people with there mask down. It will be no different at Disney. Also right now it’s just locals showing up wait until the tourist start returning the mask idea is just that a nice idea. It not going to be enforceable.

I was at City Walk about one or two hours after they opened and didn't see anyone without a mask on that wasn't eating

Jrb1979

Disney just created a task force of CMs just to enforce the safety measures.

Amused to Death

I was at City Walk about one or two hours after they opened and didn't see anyone without a mask on that wasn't eating
I was there as well and saw quite a few people not wearing the correctly
In this photo I posted a few pages back, I can make out at least five persons with masks down or off.

Red Oven Pizza.jpeg

Photo: twitterverse #universalorlando

I also saw quite a few people wandering around with masks down in YT videos covering the opening.

ThatMouse

In this photo I posted a few pages back, I can make out at least five persons with masks down or off.

View attachment 471225
Photo: twitterverse #universalorlando

I also saw quite a few people wandering around with masks down in YT videos covering the opening.

This photo sums up how distancing and mask wearing will work at Disney. You can't hire enough CM's to enforce it. Individually we can stay 6 feet away from the person in front of us, but there's really no way to keep the people behind you 6ft away. People generally don't know what 6ft means. In this photo the girls in pink have maybe 4ft and 3ft.

TrainsOfDisney

I'm pretty sure it's nationwide because of the CARES Act. My BIL wouldn't have qualified for regular unemployment, but the new nation-wide law made it so he qualifies.

I’m self-employed and have been getting unemployment. One of the management companies I work for sent me a list of how to enter my information.. it’s very easy to do it wrong and be denied.

wishiwere@wdw

It’s interesting that Landry’s isn’t stating the opening date just yet for Rainforest or T-Rex. Meanwhile, Bubba Gump was ready to go on opening day at City Walk.

Also, for those making comments about City Walk guests... yes, you will see some folks lower them. That said, keep in mind that walking around with food or a drink permits this. I was walking with a beer (using common sense by not being near others) and saw other folks being told to put their masks back on. Meanwhile, I was smiled to and asked kindly to put my mask back on upon completion. It’s really as simple as that and not a big deal.

cmwade77

It’s interesting that Landry’s isn’t stating the opening date just yet for Rainforest or T-Rex. Meanwhile, Bubba Gump was ready to go on opening day at City Walk.

Also, for those making comments about City Walk guests... yes, you will see some folks lower them. That said, keep in mind that walking around with food or a drink permits this. I was walking with a beer (using common sense by not being near others) and saw other folks being told to put their masks back on. Meanwhile, I was smiled to and asked kindly to put my mask back on upon completion. It’s really as simple as that and not a big deal.
Well, Landry's handled things very poorly at the beginning of all of this, telling them all they are all laid off effective immediately with no severance packages and with some locations not even giving the employees their final paychecks for time they already worked. So my guess is it is depending on which locations can get their employees to come back or not.

As for the masks, did you see by chance how they were handling for those that cannot wear one for medical reasons?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Disney just created a task force of CMs just to enforce the safety measures.

Indeed. Even though their PR says "denied entry" if not wearing a mask, elsewhere it says there will be team members who will be ensuring compliance. IOW, they're leaving compliance up to those who are trained to do so and who aren't juggling scooping ice cream and making sure customers wear mask. I'm sure these trained people will have walkie talkies to summon security.

CityWalk is doing something similar with only allowing managers (who aren't busy also serving customers) to be the ones to challenge guests not complying. And based on reports posted in these forums, they are indeed confronting guests and ejecting them if they don't comply.

As for the canard that "Disney doesn't enforce its rules," another forumite has reminded us that when it comes to security, e.g., bag checks and metal detectors and getting your darned feet off the parade path, they most certainly do.

Guests wearing masks was agreed upon between Disney and unions. It's to protect the CMs. You can bet the CMs and unions will holler if Disney doesn't enforce the mask-wearing.

So, to all those who are saying, "surely Disney wouldn't enforce it" as your way of saying "I'm not going to wear it and if I get enough other people to go along with me we can subvert this rule so that I can go to Disney without a mask"... it ain't gonna happen.

And we all know what you're really saying. You're not fooling anyone.

TrainsOfDisney

And we all know what you're really saying. You're not fooling anyone.

No you don’t know what “we” are saying. I don’t agree with the mask rule as written. If I visit Disney during such rule I will follow such rule.

I don’t agree with current Disney security procedures, but I follow them and cooperate and thank the employees who are doing their job the way they are instructed to. Same at the TSA.

wishiwere@wdw

Well, Landry's handled things very poorly at the beginning of all of this, telling them all they are all laid off effective immediately with no severance packages and with some locations not even giving the employees their final paychecks for time they already worked. So my guess is it is depending on which locations can get their employees to come back or not.

As for the masks, did you see by chance how they were handling for those that cannot wear one for medical reasons?
I did not. Although I highly suspect that nobody happened to be out just yet presenting them with that situation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom