Disney Splurge

Hammer1310

We thought the whole thing was just ok, nothing special. My girlfriend and I had recently ordered the Adventures by Disney DVD packet so the info was nothing new. If anything it's misleading. The ABD packet says you will be in a group of "up to 40 people" on most vacations. They didn't exactly go out of their way to show anyone else there but the focus family (with the exception of the other diners at dinner). For the money they charge? I don't know...

As for the rest, the morning Kilimanjaro Safari shown on other specials looks better than the AKL one. Why didn't they theme the truck? It looks like backstage material. Tour guide would be nice if money was no object but since it always is....what a waste. I can imagine it's worthwhile if you have money to burn and know nothing about the parks (where to go, how to get passes, etc).

One more thing. On these boards and one of Samantha's new specials I keep hearing people rave about taking a break mid-day and returning to the park later. Are we in the minority that we like to use every minute available in the parks when we're there? We come home exhausted, but we spend every day including the day our flight arrives at the parks. We're not weekend visitors either. Our last few trips have been 8-9 days with 6-7 spent at Disney parks, 1-2 at Universal and the last at Downtown Disney before our plane leaves. We only get one Disney trip a year so I guess we feel like we've missed out on something if we waste time away from the parks. Relax at the resort? I have a TV, bed and pool at home thanks.

I should add that we don't have kids. I understand this makes a big difference on the exhaustion bit.

lilclerk

I should add that we don't have kids. I understand this makes a big difference on the exhaustion bit.
We don't have kids either, but if we're there at a busy time of year my boyfriend and I take a mid-day break for a few reasons. To get out of the heat (we get cranky in the heat,) and to relax for a bit and hit the parks again recharged at night. We start late, take a break, and end late. Also, I have a semi-bum knee (need to wear a knee brace when I'm there) and the break helps that a lot. Plus we just love the hotels, so why not spend time in them if we're paying for them?
But if we're there in January or February when it's cooler out and the parks aren't open as late, we don't take the mid-day break.

ChrisQ

Original Poster
tell me about it, like top tips from our friends at wdwmagic.com,
they can even ask some of the users to go to disney and exercise the tips
Count me in. There's so much advice and so many tips here that it could be more than one special... Maybe pitching the idea to Travel Channel is how I can make my millions...yeah right. :lol:

DizneyPryncess

I look forward to watching all these Disney specials but this one kind of bored me as well.

I just don't like watching something that includes things I will probably never be able to do. It's interesting to see, but a little depressing :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom