Disney smells

wdwjmp239

Tigger2000 said:
this may sound really silly but we live in England and whenever i come to Florida...I smell the heat...i dont know how but when (every 100 years or so lol) it gets hot in England "I'm like woooo heat smell" :lol: but then I feel disneyworld deprived hehe....cant wait to smell teh Heat in 2006 :lol:

Florida has "heat smell?" It's probably the humidity you smell. Usually the "smell" is indicitive of a pending thundershower (moisture in the air).

I remember when I lived on Long Island, NY (Holtsville, NY for anyone who's interested), I was able to smell the air for "snow" - the stronger the scent, the heavier the snowfall.

Anyways, welcome back to Florida (in 2006). I hope you enjoy the "heat smell" :)

:wave: :wave:

raven

TRITON4ME said:
...I don't think there is a bad smell in WDW!...

:zipit: Oh I have certainly smeeld some pretty obnoxious things around the "World". The 7 Seas Lagoon, TTC, Epcot right before the International Garden Festival, etc.

wdwjmp239

Laura22 said:
I used to go to the Kahunaville in Syracuse, NY all the time and it definitely does smell like it.

I used to frequent the Kahunaville in Tampa, FL (International Plaza) when I made my weekend trips to Tampa to play some NTN trivia in there. Yes, I know that smell. I love Kahunaville, but the place did drop NTN trivia and quite honestly, I prefer The Rainforest Cafe better. :)

"J" (who lives 1.5 hrs west of Rainforest Cafe/Sawgrass Mills in Sunrise, FL). ;)

PS - Here's the link to the Rainforest Cafe / Sawgrass Mills location:

http://www.rainforestcafe.com/vDetail.asp?id=6

evanssc

I would vote for the smell in the lobby of the Polynesian. My wife on the other hand would like to submit her vote for the Turkey Legs in Frontierland.

sully96

Brand new to this site, & I've been high as a kite since joining!! I cannot believe the bus/exhaust topic came up. No lie, 2 weeks ago in Boston a T bus pulled away & I was in WDW at the trams. I told a co-worker about it & he looked at me sorta odd. They just don't get it. Havn't been since 97, have two girls 1 & 2 yrs. old, going once they hit 4 & 5. This site has got me going, I can't wait !!!!

MagliteL13

Ellajoan said:
I swear that the cleaning products at Disney also have a specific smell. Do any CMs know if they use a special type of cleaning product there? If they did, I would definitely buy it--my house would feel like the happiest place on earth--or at least smell like it! :lol:

Good 'ol SterBac Blue. That's one of the most common ones. There are tons of them.

I have to say that my favorite smell is always the smell of Illuminations if you're in the path of the wind. Always brings out the pyrotechnician in me!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom