Disney smells

Disney4Eva

Original Poster
Have you ever noticed that certain parts of Disney World have their own specific smells? Like the Haunted Mansion. I'd recognise that smell anywhere. And the smell of the monorail is so distinct. And the water rides like Pirates & Splash Mountain. Anytime I smell anything similar to Disney World, I feel like I'm there. Well, scent is the strongest scent tied to memory. Have you ever noticed the certain scents of WDW?

TRITON4ME

Account Suspended
oh GOD! The smells are one of my favorite aspects of WDW! I love how every building has its smell!! Personally, I don't think there is a bad smell in WDW! My personal fav. smell is from the Tower of Terror!! OMG amazing!

maxime29

Premium Member
You know, I sold a jar of Disney odor on ebay once.... :D

I don't know if certain odors were done on purpose, but they are definately noticeable by me.

themouseman

Disney4Eva said:
Have you ever noticed that certain parts of Disney World have their own specific smells? Like the Haunted Mansion. I'd recognise that smell anywhere. And the smell of the monorail is so distinct. And the water rides like Pirates & Splash Mountain. Anytime I smell anything similar to Disney World, I feel like I'm there. Well, scent is the strongest scent tied to memory. Have you ever noticed the certain scents of WDW?

I have noticed that!! Actualy I went to this restaurant the other day and it now my favorite cause it smell so much like disney

Disney4Eva

Original Poster
Indy95 said:
Even the Splash Mountain water? :slurp:

The Splash Mountain water is one of my favorite smells! There used to be this restauraunt called "Kahunaville" near my house (it's basically the Rainforest Cafe), and I always wanted to go there because it had this waterfall that smelled just like Disney water! You know, like Splash Mountain & Pirates? I love that smell. It makes me so happy.

Disney4Eva

Original Poster
wdwfairy said:
haha I can see it now.."The Essence of Monorail" by Disney
that sad thing is, I would probably buy it..

LOL:lol: Oh, I'd TOTALLY buy it. Then I'd wait for "Haunted Mansion Breeze" to hit the shelves.

Fantasmic!329

All the water rides defintley have a smell to them. It's a pretty bad smell, but bcause it is in WDW, I love it! (What is that smell anyway??)

Oh, and did anyone ever notice that if you put your hands on the handles on Splash Mountain, your hands smell really bad :)hurl: ) afterwards?

mkepcotmgmak

ya'll must not be familiar with the Disney Irrigation Smell.

WHOA! IT'LL KNOCK YOUR SOCKS OFF! LITERALLY. My socks went flying from The Land to Figment's House. they were in the upside down room, still there to this day as a matter of fiction.

Laura

Premium Member
Disney4Eva said:
The Splash Mountain water is one of my favorite smells! There used to be this restauraunt called "Kahunaville" near my house (it's basically the Rainforest Cafe), and I always wanted to go there because it had this waterfall that smelled just like Disney water! You know, like Splash Mountain & Pirates? I love that smell. It makes me so happy.

I used to go to the Kahunaville in Syracuse, NY all the time and it definitely does smell like it.

Laura

Premium Member
TRITON4ME said:
oh GOD! The smells are one of my favorite aspects of WDW! I love how every building has its smell!! Personally, I don't think there is a bad smell in WDW! My personal fav. smell is from the Tower of Terror!! OMG amazing!

Bad smells = Figment Skunk, Stink Bug at Bug show, Stitch's burp, etc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom