Disney slowly losing some of what made it special.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Oh god I'm moving to Florida, lol. I live in Philly and every year I have to buy a parking sticker for 3 cars at 60 bucks a car. It allows me to park on the street.

Right...but the parameters are different in an urban environment. All prices are dictated by space.

The most annoying comparison i see is: Broadway is more expensive...

Yeah...but it doesn’t equate to an average length to Disney world at all.

Even Anaheim...part of the “justification” is different. They don’t have the room to Handle the cars...so the supply makes the demand. Plenty of places to park in Orlando. They charge at the parks because that’s where the cars concentrate...makes sense.

The plan I woulda supported would be a deductible surcharge in the room rate. They could increase the cost of the room over 3 years to make the same money. You don’t have a car?...then there is a $25 nightly deduct that makes you feel good...and they make the same. DVC policy eliminates that potential “problem”/conflict. I think they did this stupidly.

erasure fan1

The outrage - which is limited - over parking fees appear to be the cumulative effect.
Parking fees are the figurehead for ticket increases, upsells before and after a short park day, upsells for all night Time shows, fastpass clogging that are for sale for limited spenders. Standby lines that don’t move, lyfts to get you to overpriced buffets cause they decline to do it with internal transport, pet fees on no notice whether you want animals next to your $300 room or not, dining plan increases and menu charges going up as they “outduel” each other.
Exactly. It's never been about one thing. Too many discount the "gripes" of peasant folk like myself, saying its a parking fee, get over it. Or it's only an X dollar increase... When you start to add it all up, little things can push you into the angry phase much quicker. Disney has made it clear I'm not who they want in their parks anymore and all I can really do is not go. But that doesn't mean I have to be happy about it.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Exactly. It's never been about one thing. Too many discount the "gripes" of peasant folk like myself, saying its a parking fee, get over it. Or it's only an X dollar increase... When you start to add it all up, little things can push you into the angry phase much quicker. Disney has made it clear I'm not who they want in their parks anymore and all I can really do is not go. But that doesn't mean I have to be happy about it.

Breaking news: just hatched another clone upsell at mgm...

...we were saying?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Oh brother. Ok, I'll play along. How do you see the sun shine down there? Say hi to Katiebug for me.

See?...well Played...

We can joke together on common ground if we also generally disagree...

This is a teachable moment to all the humorless defenders around here...nobody likes a stiff at a party. They only invite your for the gift 😉

JustAFan

To be clear, I'm totally fine with critique. However, I see so many crossing the line from critique of a good or service I paid a lot of money for into griping and whining because the world didn't revolve around me. Somewhere there is a line. I suspect that line is different for all of us.

Edit: also not saying that the O.P. crossed the line, but this thread did evolve as most do.

Kontra

lol except that if I'm spending all that dough to go to Hong Kong, I'm not spending it at a theme park. The reality is that if most folks find the expense of Disneyworld Orlando outrageous I'm thinking Shanghahi is not a realistic goal. not saying I know folks budget just going from the cries of how expensive disneyworld is

It's not all about you Eliza ;-) People actually live in other countries and travel to Disney Parks abroad quite frequently.

I'm comparing the costs of the park admission, souvinereres, food & beverage to the quality received. WDW ranks the lowest with the highest costs to the lowest quality. Tokyo Disney ranks the highest from my expereiences (probably because it's not owned by Disney).

eliza61nyc

I don't think we discount them at all, at least I don't but i admit I don't understand the constant kvetching about it. I really don't understand picking a place that makes you whine when you get home. Now folks have said they have a good time but ill admit I'm skeptic. Mainly because all you hear is the complaints, maybe the old saying is true. People rather complain than praise. So in my world "not going" is a perfect, logical answer. You go to a place and the overwhelming feeling when you get back is they are nickel and dimming you to death and it was better 20 years ago and you continue to go?

eliza61nyc

It's not all about you Eliza ;-) People actually live in other countries and travel to Disney Parks abroad quite frequently.

I'm comparing the costs of the park admission, souvinereres, food & beverage to the quality received. WDW ranks the lowest with the highest costs to the lowest quality. Tokyo Disney ranks the highest from my expereiences (probably because it's not owned by Disney).

My bad, you're right I made the assumption that the vast majority of folks here were from the US, Canada and/ England. where going to Shanghai is most often cost prohibitive.
I made that assumption based on not seeing any information on Shanghi or Tokyo Disney and there isn't a forum on the international parks.
Lol, my kids remind me often that its not all about me.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
To be clear, I'm totally fine with critique. However, I see so many crossing the line from critique of a good or service I paid a lot of money for into griping and whining because the world didn't revolve around me. Somewhere there is a line. I suspect that line is different for all of us.

Edit: also not saying that the O.P. crossed the line, but this thread did evolve as most do.

You just danced around the general complaint...

Many of these products are not “good” (the just announced studios early morning qualifies) and neither are the prices....

And when you pay for it...the accountants direct the marketers and ops people to continue to look for things to charge ME for...including old stuff.

That’s the fundamental disconnect. The idea that “individual” purchases don’t affect unrelated pricing at WDW is more than naive.

erasure fan1

but i admit I don't understand the constant kvetching about it.
Well it is a discussion forum.
People rather complain than praise. So in my world "not going" is a perfect, logical answer.
I'm not sure it's they would rather complain. For me, I have no problem giving them props when it is deserved. I supported Avatar from the start. Did I question some things? Sure, and as consumers you should question things. Disney is not some run down slum of a theme park. But for a lot of people, myself included, they have not done near enough to justify the increases and keep my yearly business.

eliza61nyc

Shocking that it hasn't quite sunk in for you yet.

LOL, I know terrible ain't it. oh well it's a burden all us Queen type people have to shoulder.

number one image.jpg

remember dude or dudette, I'm a stranger, trying to call me names is pretty much like ing in the wind.

But in relation to these thread, it really is all about "me" with the "me' being each individual. Everyone answers from "their" prespective and experiences. I've never said anyone else's was not valid and I always admit that I have no inside information to the way Disney is run or what the current management thought process is.
So yeah, in a way it is all about the "me"

Last edited:

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
LOL, I know terrible ain't it. oh well it's a burden all us Queen type people have to shoulder.

View attachment 305437

remember dude or dudette, I'm a stranger, trying to call me names is pretty much like ****ing in the wind.

But in relation to these thread, it really is all about "me" with the "me' being each individual. Everyone answers from "their" prespective and experiences. I've never said anyone else's was not valid and I always admit that I have no inside information to the way Disney is run or what the current management thought process is.
So yeah, in a way it is all about the "me"

You’re just one of the many reasons I’ve bailed on this website. I had a moment of weakness today based on Disney selling 75 minutes at DHS for $79+tax. And I had to gripe a little. Thanks for the reminder of why I left in the first place.

JustAFan

You’re just one of the many reasons I’ve bailed on this website. I had a moment of weakness today based on Disney selling 75 minutes at DHS for $79+tax. And I had to gripe a little. Thanks for the reminder of why I left in the first place.
But .... you're still here. Posting and such.

???

o_O

Phil12

Let's face it. Disney is just like Yeti coolers. You buy a cooler for a small fortune, put 20 pounds of ice in it with your drinks and wait 48 hours. Magically you now have a puddle of water and some warm drinks. And then you brag about how good that cooler performs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom