Disney Skyliner

plawren2

Original Poster
Any thoughts as to whether this is a viable means of getting from resort to Epcot and Disney Studios? Quicker and more efficient than buses or just for a fun experience?

plawren2

Original Poster
We are staying at AoA and just trying to determine if Skyliner is quicker than buses (including crowds, wait times etc...)

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
As far as I know @wendysue is right, Skyliner only from Pop and AoA to DHS.

When we stayed in September we were told we needed to take the Skyliner unless it was broke down so we didn't even walk up to the buses except to go to MK. At that time we saw NO buses going to HS or Epcot
This must be very new. Pre-COVID, Skyliner resorts still had bus service to those parks, but it was extremely infrequent. I think something like once per hour.

plawren2

Original Poster
When we stayed in September we were told we needed to take the Skyliner unless it was broke down so we didn't even walk up to the buses except to go to MK. At that time we saw NO buses going to HS or Epcot
perhaps demand did not warrant running buses to and from AoA to HS or Epcot, but WDW website and app still list active bus stop at AoA, and bus route via Get Directions tool on app

rreading

We were at Beach Club this past summer and walked to Skyliner then to the transfer to get to HS. We left well before park open so didn't miss out, but it would have been much quicker to have walked to HS from the Beach Club. Boats would have been quicker still. fwiw

We do enjoy the Skyliner but the line for the transfer station was easily 20min

GrumpyDude

I find it hard to believe that buses do not run from the sky liner resorts. There are people that have a fear of heights that won't go near the sky liner.

DfromATX

Only the line between CBR and Epcot will be down. The other 2 lines will still be in operation.

We were going to stay at CBR and that's how I found out. I was disappointed because I was excited to try it out so we transferred to the Swan. Oh well, maybe next time.

MattC

Headed to DHS on Dec 8th. Contemplating staying at AoA or Pop. What kind of wait could we expect for the skyliner in the morning for rope drop and and in the evening at closing?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom