Disney Skyliner

JohnD

Headed to DHS on Dec 8th. Contemplating staying at AoA or Pop. What kind of wait could we expect for the skyliner in the morning for rope drop and and in the evening at closing?

The sooner you get there, the better. It's not the wait at the Pop/AoA station that is the issue, it's the wait at the CBR station. Transferring to the HS line isn't so simple. You can't just jump off the Pop/AoA-CBR line and get on the HS line. If there are lots of guests, you'll be redirected out into the parking lot of the CBR station to get back in line for HS and Epcot. And then it winds all around the parking lot if there are lots of guests. So, again, the earlier you arrive to be at the front of the line at Pop/AoA, the better.

lief13

I just got back from AoA Nov 5-Nov 14. There were no busses running to either Epcot or HS. Keep in mind that the skyliner runs aprox 1 hour before park opening. So if HS opens at 9 (8:30 for hotel guests). Then the skyliner will start at 7:30. If you line up a little before 7:30 you won't experience any lines. Rope dropping Epcot expect a larger line as people will be lined up for HS and Epcot at the AoA station. We were lined up into Pop. I had almost no lines when transferring at CBR. Let me know if you have a specific question.

nickys

Premium Member
I find it hard to believe that buses do not run from the sky liner resorts. There are people that have a fear of heights that won't go near the sky liner.
Then those people can drive, Uber / Lyft or stay elsewhere. This was always the ultimate plan when the Skyliner was built. It just took Covid and the resort closure for them to fully implement it.

MattC

The sooner you get there, the better. It's not the wait at the Pop/AoA station that is the issue, it's the wait at the CBR station. Transferring to the HS line isn't so simple. You can't just jump off the Pop/AoA-CBR line and get on the HS line. If there are lots of guests, you'll be redirected out into the parking lot of the CBR station to get back in line for HS and Epcot. And then it winds all around the parking lot if there are lots of guests. So, again, the earlier you arrive to be at the front of the line at Pop/AoA, the better.

I just got back from AoA Nov 5-Nov 14. There were no busses running to either Epcot or HS. Keep in mind that the skyliner runs aprox 1 hour before park opening. So if HS opens at 9 (8:30 for hotel guests). Then the skyliner will start at 7:30. If you line up a little before 7:30 you won't experience any lines. Rope dropping Epcot expect a larger line as people will be lined up for HS and Epcot at the AoA station. We were lined up into Pop. I had almost no lines when transferring at CBR. Let me know if you have a specific question.
Thanks guys.

Weather_Lady

So out of curiosity, how many people find it unbearably hot and become ill in them like so many insisted would happen and be the major failing of the whole system which wouldn't last? :D
We rode several times in August, in 95-degree heat, in the middle of the afternoon, and the Skyliner vehicles were breezy and comfortable.

I confess I was a naysayer when they were first announced, but I'm happy to say I was completely wrong. The Skyliner is a total win in my book.

rhodey_rider

Recently stayed at Beach Club, and the Skyliner was our preferred transportation with two strollers to HS. Kids love it, kind of relaxing, didn't experience lines despite the transfer. No question walking would be faster if total time was the only factor. That said I was sort of shocked by how fast they move. No matter how many times I watched them come into the station from the ground I just kept thinking "these people are toast" before they slowed at the last second.

plawren2

Original Poster
Headed to DHS on Dec 8th. Contemplating staying at AoA or Pop. What kind of wait could we expect for the skyliner in the morning for rope drop and and in the evening at closing?
We used from AoA last week to EPCOT and DS (buses not offered), and we had no waits. I would think in early December you will have no long waits.

eliza61nyc

So out of curiosity, how many people find it unbearably hot and become ill in them like so many insisted would happen and be the major failing of the whole system which wouldn't last? :D
Lol not a one. I wasn't a fan either. Lesson learned? Don't totally dis something until you try it. We really enjoyed it. We went in early September and it was very comfortable
The only thing I didn't like was any hint of thunderstorms and they shut down

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom