News Disney Skyliner operating status - October 2019

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Hold on a second. It does not sound like the issues are fully resolved and that guests could be Guinea pigs of a sort. However, I do hope that everything is resolved.

Guests are continually guinea pigs.

If a system has been operating for 10 years, guests are guinea pigs to see if anything bad happens to the system in its eleventh year.

Cf. Space Mountain.

cjkeating

Gotcha.

I must say that, that is a horrible design flaw considering the number of handicapped guests at WDW.

If ECVs at Riviera are actually the problem I could foresee them requiring Riviera ECVs to either load at Caribbean Beach or get the bus. With the gondola ECV load areas at the end stations they have already gone beyond what most if not all other urban cable cars offer.

jinx8402

Gotcha.

I must say that, that is a horrible design flaw considering the number of handicapped guests at WDW.

But have to remember Riviera does not have a lot of rooms, and even when considering part of CBR going to that station it is not a huge percentage of total ridership that will need to get on or off at that station.

Victor Kelly

But have to remember Riviera does not have a lot of rooms, and even when considering part of CBR going to that station it is not a huge percentage of total ridership that will need to get on or off at that station.
That is part of it yes. But efficiency is also a key factor in moving thousnds of people around WDW. Especially in one of the most crowded resorts in the world.

Does anyone know the hourly through put of this thing? Per line or overall?

jinx8402

That is part of it yes. But efficiency is also a key factor in moving thousnds of people around WDW. Especially in one of the most crowded resorts in the world.

Does anyone know the hourly through put of this thing? Per line or overall?

Right, and they probably calculated for a vast majority of riders who will be going straight through the station, it is more efficient to run the line straight through and stop for the edge cases where more time is needed for the ECVs.

POP has 2.8K rooms, CBR has 1.5K rooms. Riviera has 300. Add a couple hundred rooms from CBR going to the Riviera station and you still have 10x as many rooms to service and handle ECVs at the other stations.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Gotcha.

I don't know if I would call it a flaw, it was a design choice since there would be tradeoffs doing this. If they went with the same design as the other stations, it would require everyone to get off and re-board. In the Skyliner thread someone did a quick sketch of how it could possibly work without re-boarding, but there may be flaws in that idea that we didn't think ok. One of the big tradeoffs with that design would be that all accessible cars would have to go onto the spur whether they were unloading or not, thus making the trip a lot longer for those guests.

Zipadeelady

Anyone actually been on the skyliner since it reopened? Running ok? All lines?

Don't ask me to go to the other thread where the naysayers and scaredy cats congregate. 🙂 I tease, I just don't want to sift through pages of threads of arguments. Just want the facts.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Anyone actually been on the skyliner since it reopened? Running ok? All lines?

Don't ask me to go to the other thread where the naysayers and scaredy cats congregate. 🙂 I tease, I just don't want to sift through pages of threads of arguments. Just want the facts.

Yes, some here and around the internet have been on it and it's working fine.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom