Disney secrets

graphite1326

Last year, as we were exiting DAK, a CM came up to us and said something like, "You want to see something secret?" We briefly debated blowing off the slightly creepy guy, but said sure and he showed us a really un-secret tunnel through a cave that goes to a swinging bridge on the way out. Yes, I know this is truly not a secret passage but we still laugh all the time about the "secret" exit.
I didn't know about this...tell me more

got2lovedisney

In the Parks
No
The best time to ride Pirates, Jungle Cruise and Haunted Mansion is at night. Hardly any lines and your eyes are better adjusted to the darkness so you notice more details. Same thing with Spaceship Earth. People run to that one first thing but if you wait til closing time, there's no wait.

If you feel a headache coming on, go to first aid and get your pain relief for free.

coilback

How the Talking/Moving Trash Can in Tomorrowland really works. Where Tinkerbell lands after her flight at the beginning of Wishes.

I used to be part of the "Tinkerbell Flight Crew." What's even funnier isn't just where she lands, but the process we had to use to slow her down and "catch her."

JohnD

There are so many....they key in Muppets (May 8/2014 IT WAS THERE) The rope at the well by Indy's Stuntshow, The silhouette in TOT window, The "FSU" Gopher in Splash Mountain.....

My Favorites are the ones I know about, but haven't found yet!! One Example: The Nautilus carving in the Ariel Queue!

Gotta look for the Gopher. Go Noles!

JohnD

The best time to ride Pirates, Jungle Cruise and Haunted Mansion is at night. Hardly any lines and your eyes are better adjusted to the darkness so you notice more details. Same thing with Spaceship Earth. People run to that one first thing but if you wait til closing time, there's no wait.

If you feel a headache coming on, go to first aid and get your pain relief for free.

Definitely Jungle Cruise at night. HM, POTC, and SSE are the same ride at day and night. You might say, "But wait! So, is JC." Oh, no. It definitely is not. JC is not just about what you see from your boat but also how well the skipper leads the passengers through the ride as well as the mood of the passengers itself. I was on it at night in early April, and I can tell you that the passengers were feeding off the skipper and vice versa. They would be completing the skipper's jokes and the skipper was grooving off that. I was already in a foul mood that night dealing with exterior issues and this ride really lifted me up. You get a very different experience at night than what you might get during the day (heat, cranky children, etc.)

Last edited:

drp4video

So may have been mentioned already. The Well in ToonTown that talked to you...now gone. Loved the U R doomed in TOT. Free chocolate at Ghiridelli in DTD. Kiss Goodnight at MK which has been mentioned. Moving tree/bush at AK, If you bend down and look at the drinking fountain behind Cindy's castle, the crown on the back wall appears to crown Cinderella. Lance Bass from NSYNC years ago was on the monitor as you decended in SSE as he was going to go into space, now gone of course, Walt's apartment, at night at the Haunted Mansion if you look about the door for a while, you can see a light pass, Hidden Donald on the red velvet chair as well...lots in the Haunted Mansion, of course all the hidden Mickey's...but that is a post unto itself

PrincessMia

@graphite1326, Usually when we leave DAK, we go to the right around a cave past Rainforest Café. If you go through the little cave, though, there is a wooden, swinging bridge. It's nothing amazing, but it's now our habit to give a few jumps on the bridge before leaving. Enjoy!

mlw119

My favorite used to be the letters that had fallen inside the glass "Directory" case in ToT that spelled "EVIL TOWER U R DOOMED" but I think I read somewhere that those aren't there anymore. Been awhile since I was there so can someone confirm or deny their existence?

Yup, they are indeed gone. I had read that they removed them somewhere in the aftermath of 9/11, but who knows if that's actually the reason. I do miss when Disney takes out tiny quirks like that.

Matt_Black

Yup, they are indeed gone. I had read that they removed them somewhere in the aftermath of 9/11, but who knows if that's actually the reason. I do miss when Disney takes out tiny quirks like that.

Burgess Meredith's broken glasses are gone too! What the heck?!?

coilback

We got to see where she lands during the Keys to the kingdom tour!!!

If you saw the process, it's pretty funny and low tech. We actually had to catch her in a moving blanket because if she hit the pad at full speed (even using the brake) she'd get injured. Basically, as she would come down, another technician and I, would have to immediately go into a sprint and then slow her down with the moving blanket. Somewhere awhile back on here I posted a picture I took with my phone where I was looking at the castle from the Tink landing deck.

wogwog

This. Unfortunately only viewable by Cast as you can see by the time of the competition. Friends who have participated tell me it is a blast. Sounds like it would be fun during park open hours. I would trade MiSiCi for this.

'Join in the galactic fun for the 41st C.R.O.W. Canoe Races Of the World. This annual event is held on Rivers of America at Magic Kingdom Park and is open to all Cast willing to have a little friendly competition!

Teams of 8 - 10 Cast Members compete in men's, women's and co-ed leagues within professional and recreational divisions. Join us this year as we enter a new galaxy with “Star Oars - Come to the dock side!“

The event will be held July 10-25, and race times run from 6:15 a.m. to 8 a.m. Monday through Friday.'

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom