Disney Sea Symphony

cherrynegra

Original Poster
So I finally downloaded the video of Disney Sea Symphony, and I have to say the show is just plain awesome!! I don't know who the sponsor is, but they definitely went all out for that show. Definitely gives Fantasmic a run for its money. I was watching the show and thinking to myself that they could probably do something similar at Epcot in the World Showcase Lagoon. Certain effects would have to change, but it could be done.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I thought that about Epcot too, but then I thought the World Showcase lagoon is way bigger - I doubt Mickey would be visible in the middle!! They certainly have some awesome water and lighting effects.

DieHardDisney

I haven't seen the video, so in comparison to the World Showcase Lagoon, how big is the water that the show is performed on? Like 1/2 the size or what?
:confused: :confused: :confused:

cherrynegra

Original Poster
I agree with marni. The lagoon is smaller than the World Showcase lagoon. It sits to the front and right of Mt. Prometheus which houses the "Journey to the Center of the Earth" attraction. Actually, I don't think Mickey would be dwarfed by the size of everything. Then again, the DS lagoon is smaller and you get more of a closer view of him. You can download the video here.

http://disneyforever.com/iboard/ind...?showtopic=2801

And here's a pic of the lagoon.

cherrynegra

Original Poster
Ooops. Here's the pic.

Attachments

• disneysea.jpg
    disneysea.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 156

dodger444

Originally posted by cherrynegra
So I finally downloaded the video of Disney Sea Symphony, and I have to say the show is just plain awesome!! I don't know who the sponsor is, but they definitely went all out for that show. Definitely gives Fantasmic a run for its money. I was watching the show and thinking to myself that they could probably do something similar at Epcot in the World Showcase Lagoon. Certain effects would have to change, but it could be done.
DisneySea Symphony DSS was a 10-minute show but definitely not close to Fantasmic IMHO. It featured Mickey conducting spheres that shot of water and rockets. And it also included Mt. Prometheus shooting off some pyrotechnics. The music had Disney medleys as well as the TDS theme song. The show was considered a mild disappointment for this park and its run was ended one year earlier than planned. The new show, BraviSEAmo, begins this July and is closer to Fantasmic than DSS was. Both shows are sponsored by NTT Docomo, one of the biggest mobile telecommunications companies in the world. There is a list of sponsors on this site, http://jtcent.com/news_spo.html, for anyone interested.

SiCo

It is sad to hear the show has ended, I was quite impressed with it. But it really was no comparison to Illuminations or Fantasmic, both fantastic shows.

It was different though and it suited the park in my mind. The music was also very good and well put together.

It was nice to see that the park was designed for a show unlike DCA.

WeirdOne

Hey "dodger444".

You sound familiar ;). Do I know you ;). Welcome aboard! We should keep in contact more often :D. - The WeirdOne :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom