Disney Says Wristband Boosts Sales in Disney World Test

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I really don't like the idea of the magic band, the part of the magic + of prearranging fast passes and stuff I'm not thrilled about but I can see myself using it. I just don't like to wear wristbands a lot, I put up with them on my all inclusive vacations because I want to be able to get my adult beverages!

Bob

B00b
Premium Member
Original Poster
It will be interesting to see everyone's perspective once the bands have been in use for a year or two. I'm sure that I will still be here on WDWMagic reading about it.

tk924

I'm sure that the bands make it easier to purchase things. Instead of having to dig through your pockets or bags to find your card. Again, we're not attaching a CC to ours, but they will make really cool keepsakes.

136387833673016735.jpg

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
"Guests spent more on average in part because they had fun with the technology, he said."

What a load of crap. I wonder what type of equation they had to use to make that statement mathematically true. I have loads of fun with the technology of my new Droid phone, it hasnt made me spend more money though. Oh wait.. maybe I spend more "on average." LOL. Staggs nose is probly a little longer after that interview.

wogwog

What a load of crap. I wonder what type of equation they had to use to make that statement mathematically true. I have loads of fun with the technology of my new Droid phone, it hasnt made me spend more money though. Oh wait.. maybe I spend more "on average." LOL. Staggs nose is probly a little longer after that interview.
He has to make the $3 billion project look great to justify the expense. To paraphrase the Wizard..'Don't look behind the curtain.'

allgiggles

It will be interesting to see everyone's perspective once the bands have been in use for a year or two. I'm sure that I will still be here on WDWMagic reading about it.

I'm curious, too. I wasn't keen on the bracelets (figured I'd still just get a card even when the bracelets are available), but after our trip a few weeks ago, I'm looking forward to having the option to *not* have to dig my card out of my wallet every time I want to pay for something. I doubt very much it will change our spending habits, but it will make my life a tiny bit easier.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom