News Disney Riviera Resort announced

nickys

Premium Member
Agreed; there is no way they would drop the price per point. That's been the only really consistent thing to rise over time as it's almost it's own currency. If they were going to do this you'd be able to buy Aulani for less than the newer resorts. My guess is that we'll be looking at $188 or at most $191 per point when the Riviera goes on sale, but they can value the rooms however they like in points per night. The master declaration is going to set how ambitious this plan will be, but since there don't appear to be any point eating cabins on the water I think we should assume rooms will be valued more like GFV than CCV.

There was a survey carried out a few months back amongst some DVC members, asking for reactions to a new studio room. IIRC it would have one king bed and no sofa bed in it, for just couples on their own. But yes, I would think the points for the traditional villas will be along the lines of GFV. We should know in around 7/8 months if they follow the usual pattern.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Tuesday, July 31, 2018. More of the framework for the architectural roof detail is being installed.

IMG_0624.JPG

A close-up at the rear of the building shows the beginnings of the architectural seawall.

closeup.JPG

Last edited:

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Agreed; there is no way they would drop the price per point. That's been the only really consistent thing to rise over time as it's almost it's own currency. If they were going to do this you'd be able to buy Aulani for less than the newer resorts. My guess is that we'll be looking at $188 or at most $191 per point when the Riviera goes on sale, but they can value the rooms however they like in points per night.

My guesses are in-line with your price points. In fact, I could even see them going a few dollars higher per point.

As for the guess that prices for Riviera could be lower? There is zero chance the per-point price on Riviera goes lower. New DVC resort pricing has been, and always will be, going up, up, and up.

The master declaration is going to set how ambitious this plan will be, but since there don't appear to be any point eating cabins on the water I think we should assume rooms will be valued more like GFV than CCV.

That's Phase 2. ;) I kid, but I can absolutely see that coming down the road, when DVC needs something else to build/sell.

I have zero doubt that the value/moderate/deluxe classifications will go away in the next few years and will be replaced with location-based pricing. They play on customer emotions. "Want to be close to DHS and the new Star Wars: Galaxy Edge? Stay at one of our MAGICAL!!! Disney resorts that's connected via the Disney Skyliner, starting at only $299/night!"

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Monday, August 13, 2018. Ground level views of Disney's Riviera resort progress. Interestingly shaped walls at water's edge.

IMG_0636.JPG

IMG_0637.JPG

I believe this is the most one can see of the Riviera resort from Epcot. A highly enlarged telescopic view of the top of the Riviera building at the left of the Germany pavilion, taken from across the lake between Canada and the UK pavilion. It appears Disney did a good job of obscuring the tower building from most of the theme park. A few more trees and one won't be able to see much of the building. Most guests won't notice this much, especially when the tower cranes are gone.

IMG_0662.JPG

Last edited:

Lensman

Photo update as of Monday, August 13, 2018. Ground level views of Disney's Riviera resort progress. Interestingly shaped walls at water's edge.
No joke about those walls. Just looking at them makes me want to go out there and hand the construction folks one of these:
level.jpg

It's that same feeling I get when looking at a Frank Gehry building like the Walt Disney Concert Hall.

GCTales

The Riviera is in France..... French Riviera. I'm going to wait and see the finished product for more concept art.
No, there are multiple locations that are termed "Riviera." In addition to the French Riviera, there is also the Italian Riviera and the Mexican Riviera.

Earlier in the thread, this was discussed and several architectural sample posted of the Mexican Riviera and it more closely resembles the concept art and is similar to other aspects of CBR.

nickys

Premium Member
No, there are multiple locations that are termed "Riviera." In addition to the French Riviera, there is also the Italian Riviera and the Mexican Riviera.

Earlier in the thread, this was discussed and several architectural sample posted of the Mexican Riviera and it more closely resembles the concept art and is similar to other aspects of CBR.

I’m pretty sure there was an update recently with a quote (possibly from Chapek) about it being a French Riviera theme.

Anyone remember where? Maybe a podcast (@lentesta - can you shed any light?). I’ll see if I can find it, it was within the last month or so.

Last edited:

nickys

Premium Member
I’m pretty sure there was an update recently with a quote (possibly from Chapek) about it being a French Riviera theme.

Anyone remember where? Maybe a podcast (@lentesta - can you shed any light?). I’ll see if I can find it, it was within the last month or so.

OK, found the source. It was in a very recent DVC promo video on the DVC website, which confirmed a “European Riviera theme” for the new resort.

Those of you in the US, whether members or not, can view it if you are willing to give them your name and address details. Otherwise you’ll just have to wait I guess, until they choose to make further details - probably at the Condo Meeting in December.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom