News Disney Riviera Resort announced

rowrbazzle

Oh...I don’t know....

Bland design...small rooms...unimpressive food options...stripped down theming around the recreation elements...on a grounds that was not meant to require a $25,000 buy in and $1500 yearly fee...

All those complaints have been brought up about this “amazing experience”

I’ll be on this hill if you need me.

Agree to disagree

From what I've read the food is getting good reviews. Also, as has already been pointed out in this thread, the rooms are not small. One type of room is small; the others are among the largest in their category. I've read almost nothing but positive reviews from folks on MouseOwners who have visited and stayed (even if they haven't bought). Perhaps it's a gestalt thing. 🤷‍♂️

We visited the Riviera Resort on Sunday. It looks out over CBR and feels like it's right in the middle of a moderate resort. The theme just doesn't appeal to us.

Thanks for the report. From the pictures and riding by on the gondola, I thought it looked like they did a nice job overall with the grounds. I did still wonder how it felt walking around though. That's disappointing to hear that it didn't feel distinct to you.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
I've read almost nothing but positive reviews from folks on MouseOwners who have visited and stayed (even if they haven't bought).
Most of these people are the folks I described above. You are reading reviews from the indoctrinated.

Let me also add this....

I am an outlier. I am objectively wrong. This resort is selling. All the resorts are selling despite the comical, almost offensive price points. By all accounts, DVC has another hit on their hands. The target audience is lapping it up.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Most of these people are the folks I described above. You are reading reviews from the indoctrinated.

Let me also add this....

I am an outlier. I am objectively wrong. This resort is selling. All the resorts are selling despite the comical, almost offensive price points. By all accounts, DVC has another hit on their hands. The target audience is lapping it up.

Not surprising at all...

But I feel like the sun always sets just as it rises

rowrbazzle

Let me also add this....

It's a DVC resort; most reviews are going to be from DVC owners. Dismissing a positive review from anyone who owns DVC points seems reductive. There are plenty of owners who like some resorts and dislike others. Why are we only dismissing positive opinions for Riviera?

kwoodfan1

Let me also add this....

Don't we want em to sell at the comical, almost offensive price points? Doesn't that just boost the value of our existing DVC contracts?

Club Cooloholic

Let me also add this....

I know when I looked at booking Thanksgiving week, 2 resorts really popped out as having tons of availability SSR and The Riviera(obviously cause it's new)
I will be curious how it goes at 7 month mark.

The_Jobu

What I find interesting about this place is that even the vloggers I follow are saying it's overpriced for what you get when they went on room tours. I almost never hear that from their type.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It's a DVC resort; most reviews are going to be from DVC owners. Dismissing a positive review from anyone who owns DVC points seems reductive. There are plenty of owners who like some resorts and dislike others. Why are we only dismissing positive opinions for Riviera?

Your points are valid.

I thought the whole time that criticism was gonna be harsh because of what this represents. And yes it does cross some long established boundaries.

But that changed for the worse when I saw it and 95% complete from the outside...my response from the Aerial view was: “yeesh...that’s what the final look is?!?”

And that compounds the problem that we KNEW that they didn’t really have a theme at all...and they have shown that the trend in rooms is to strip the “Disney” out of them in recent renovations...

This seems to be designed and built as “good enough”....it’s mismanagement

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I know when I looked at booking Thanksgiving week, 2 resorts really popped out as having tons of availability SSR and The Riviera(obviously cause it's new)
I will be curious how it goes at 7 month mark.

I was trolling around for later this year and we’ve gone back to Saratoga, DAKL, and old key west again...

Not sure if the whole riviera is online yet? That would skew the numbers

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Don't we want em to sell at the comical, almost offensive price points? Doesn't that just boost the value of our existing DVC contracts?

Not one bit.

Stocks are sold on the stock market...this is not an “asset”...it’s meant to provide a much needed emphasis and gateway to recreation time and help humans spend time together.

I’d prefer that people chase money where they typically do - everywhere else - not on vacation club

I want a strong longterm “value”...as xdan said: this portfolio stuff is silly.

Club Cooloholic

I was trolling around for later this year and we’ve gone back Saratoga, DAKL, and old key west again...

Not sure if the whole riviera is online yet? That would skew the numbers
Well, I guess that 7 month mark makes a huge difference! I checked June 6 for a 3 night and Riviera only had 1 bedroom preferred left. Of course OKW and SSR had every type room left

kwoodfan1

Not one bit.

Stocks are sold on the stock market...this is not an “asset”...it’s meant to provide a much needed emphasis and gateway to recreation time and help humans spend time together.

I’d prefer that people chase money where they typically do - everywhere else - not on vacation club

I want a strong longterm “value”...as xdan said: this portfolio stuff is silly.

That's a pleasant thought, but as my kids enter their teen years, the ability to sell if their interests change is not silly.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Well, I guess that 7 month mark makes a huge difference! I checked June 6 for a 3 night and Riviera only had 1 bedroom preferred left. Of course OKW and SSR had every type room left

Yeah...I was looking beyond the 7 month window just out of curiousity.

What I hated to see is that all the “prime” locations seen to be booked solid. That’s depressing...the pool is too big and people are starting to go “one track” and book the home spots.

That takes away the very best feature or DVC.

People need to stop buying these...to be honest...the balance is off and this is staffing to resemble a typical high upfront timeshare sold by Char-o off the pacific princess

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
That's a pleasant thought, but as my kids enter their teen years, the ability to sell if their interests change is not silly.

No...I get what you’re saying.

I would like to have the option to sell and walk away...not profit.

And since I bought before this last ten years of ridiculous price increases...I will always have that option...to say nothing of the value of having my kids grow up there from diapers into their early teen years.

I’m a rich man...not because of money

Club Cooloholic

No...I get what you’re saying.

I would like to have the option to sell and walk away...not profit.

And since I bought before this last ten years of ridiculous price increases...I will always have that option...to say nothing of the value of having my kids grow up there from diapers into their early teen years.

I’m a rich man...not because of money
Unless another recession, I often say, oh I should have bought when there were deals from Disney Direct or the resales were rock bottom, then again, I didn't have any extra cash like most people either!

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
What I find interesting about this place is that even the vloggers I follow are saying it's overpriced for what you get when they went on room tours. I almost never hear that from their type.

Yeah...if that’s the case - then the canary can’t get any oxygen

Dvc zealots appear to be buying something without evaluating what they’re buying

Resell dumps on deck

Club Cooloholic

Yeah...if that’s the case - then the canary can’t get any oxygen

Dvc zealots appear to be buying something without evaluating what they’re buying

Resell dumps on deck
That resell will take a very specific buyer to bite. Who wants to be limited to one hotel? The resale buyer use restrictions really do turn this into just any other timeshare, and resale will probably be similarly priced.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
That resell will take a very specific buyer to bite. Who wants to be limited to one hotel? The resale buyer use restrictions really do turn this into just any other timeshare, and resale will probably be similarly priced.
...which is why that policy made no sense, did it?

Disney “benefits” from word hitting the street that their high cost timshare now “holds the owners hostage”?

“Have fun...or else! 😡

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom