Disney Rewards Chase Visa worth it?

You buy groceries, right? Any gasoline and heating oil? These are things you'd pay for immediately with a check or cash. Just put them on your Disney Visa, pay it off every month, and watch the reward dollars grow.

Train yourself to put the amount you'd spend on the basics into your checking account each month and charge everything instead.

JohnMan

We manage to rack up about $200/year on our rewards card. I'll be emptying it out once again starting in 10 days :D WDW here we come!!!

dopeylove

I have several for different reasons and this year alone have already accumulated 700 reward dollars. With that, I can renew TWO of my adult annual passes and put the rest towards a third pass. There are five in my family so every little bit helps. I charge everything on them and pay them off immediately because I don't believe in paying anyone interest. So for us, it's a great benefit.

Dwarful

Yes, when you put all of those 'little' purchases on the card the points add up. Plus, you can pay on your card on the internet every 3 days and over the phone (checking account deduction) every 5 days. Its so easy to keep track of those weekly purchases and then just pay it off. You still earn the points and don't pay the higher interest.

artvandelay

We use it to pay for everything, and then pay the entire balance every month. With the Disney Reward Dollars we pay 90% of our DVC maitenance.

WDWFigment

Thanks to a promotion in December, I got a $50 gift certificate when I signed up. Today I used that, a $25 gift certificate for making a purchase with the CC, a 25% off coupon, and a $5 shipping code I was able to get a Song of the South big fig, a Goofy Santa big fig, and Mickey Fair Isle dog sweater for $126 on Disneyshopping.com!!

Simply put--the card rules!

lpet11984

I use mine to pay my bills and other little expenses-- it's a nice way to help save up/put aside a little bit at a time so that when you get to the parks you have a decent bonus that you can use on some little extra(s). I love mine. You definitely need to make sure you pay off your bills as they come though-- the interest is high otherwise.

willythelab

no way and here's why

It is absolutely not worth it. It is nothing more than a 1% rewards card. That is as low as it gets! Any rewards card is better than that. My rewards card from amex is essentially dollar for dollar on points. Although the redemption of those points isn't dollar for dollar, it is much higher. I haven't paid to fly to Fl in about 5 years. I have that card, the one that says day 1 dvc member on it. It is cute, cudly and fuzzy. It is also a ripoff. The redemption rate for amex points to most most miles and stuff is 10-15. The redemption rate on the Disney card is as simple at they give you a penny on the dollar. Then you can redeem those points for disney dream dollars. Get an airline card or an amex. Much better deal. Just my factually based opinion though. Besides, I can't get Mickey on my amex!:ROFLOL:

MJMcBride

the interest rates are not great but you do get rewards for the Disney merchandise. I never put anything on there I won't payoff immediately. Plus, I got a $50 gift card after my 1st purchase.

beefog

If you use it enough then its worth it. I use it for work pay it off every month. And I am a Charter member of the card says right on the card. I also max out the points every year cause I use it so much. It takes to years to spend enough money to get enough money for spending cash at the world. Including tickets and dinners so yes its worth it if you use it all the time. Max the points out every year and then use a different until you can start getting points again

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
So, I got a pre approved one in the mail :)

It's been almost a year now since I cut mine into lil' pieces and mailed it back to Chase.

If another bank *cough*BANK OF AMERICA*cough* were to take it over, I'd get it again in a heartbeat. It's a shame it's Chase, and I despise Chase and its Indian Call Centers, and its policies, and its evilness.

drp4video

I use it and ususally save about $100-$300 on hotels when I go to disney. IT allows me to upgrade a better hotel, POR, or stay at POP for next to nothing. I also use my Northest Visa which then gets me fee airfare, but you must pay these off every month because if you have to pay interest, it eats up the savings.

eastvillage

Hi everyone. I have a few questions about the disney visa.

When you transfer your points to the reward card, how long is the reward card usually valid for? I know that they expire at some point and that you would lose any rewards left on that card.

Also, if you pay for your resort stay in full by credit card, can you later go back and ask them to apply the rewards to it and get the applicable amount credited back to your card?

Thanks in advance!

drp4video

I know that I have had several reward cards, and they have always expired in December (I called and it is the last day of the monrth). If you have rewards points on your rewards card, you will lose them when the card expires. Therefore, I only transfer the rewards to my rewards card right before a trip so I know I will use them all. I have always used them to pay the balance on my room when I get to the hotel.

I would assume if you have already paid your hotel bill on your visa, that you could not use the rewards points from the card toward the bill and get a refund. But you could use them toward the price of a ticket or other disney purchase.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom