Disney Rewards Chase Visa worth it?

bayoutinkbelle

Original Poster
Hi all! A pre-approved Chase Visa Disney Rewards credit card application arrived at my house earlier this week and I'm torn. I'm wondering if the card really could provide any great benefits for me as I plan for my vacations. I'm already a Passholder, so I get those benefits.

If it's not going to do something for me that I can't get anywhere else, it may not be worth opening another charge account. Anyone here have this card who can share their thoughts? Many thanks!

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Hi all! A pre-approved Chase Visa Disney Rewards credit card application arrived at my house earlier this week and I'm torn. I'm wondering if the card really could provide any great benefits for me as I plan for my vacations. I'm already a Passholder, so I get those benefits.

If it's not going to do something for me that I can't get anywhere else, it may not be worth opening another charge account. Anyone here have this card who can share their thoughts? Many thanks!

We have it. It will get you access to limited edition pins and limited access meet and greet at EPCOT. I am not sure, but I believe you get double points when using it for purchases at Disney.

I know with the rewards we get throughout the year, we take an extra $200-$300 we would not have had otherwise using another credit card.

swimmom

The rewards may only be 1% of purchases, but by charging my trip to the Disney card before we go then redeeming my rewards right there will be $40.00 plus dollars to spend at WDW. We are also planning on taking the Keys to the Kingdom Tour which we can get 20% off. There will be 5 of us, so that will be like one of us going for free.

Dwarful

Free character photo in Epcot, 0% interest on your Disney vacation costs, various coupons, discounts etc on other items. We now use it for just about everything, then pay it off each month, write out one check earn 1% on all those purchases and end up with a few hundred dollars to spend at WDW!

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Chase is evil. Just say no.

I'll take my American Express Rewards any day

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Chase is evil. Just say no.

I'll take my American Express Rewards any day

I have a corporate AE, but have to pay $70 a year to get the rewards. I think I have enough now for a $25 gift card. Not worth it, wont do it next year....

kennygman

We have two and used $150 in Aug and will have at least $200 for December. Plus as earlier post said, you are getting 1% back from the cost of your vacation too.

MeTa

Going to WDW in two weeks on a free pass. Helps out everytime I go.

nibblesandbits

I have it and right now I've saved up around 80 Dollars. That's 80 dollars I wouldn't have had previously and would have spent at Disney...so I think it's a good thing to have.

imamouse

I use the rewards points from my Disney Visa to upgrade to deluxe resorts. My plan is to accmulate enough points to make up the difference between WL and PC. I am still spending the same amount of money, but I am staying at a nicer resort. We did this last Christmas and it was well worth it to us. I pay the balance in full each month, so there is no additional cost.

We also took advantage of the free photo with the characters at Epcot. So, it is worth it to our family.

KnK

Yeah, it's nice to pay of the Disney vacation with it. Kinda feels like a bonus. We pay ours off weekly, and the Disney dollars have really added up!

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
I have a corporate AE, but have to pay $70 a year to get the rewards. I think I have enough now for a $25 gift card. Not worth it, wont do it next year....
Just call Amex and threaten to cancel your account. The fee will be waived very quickly :)

jvenegas

We have it and we"ll be using it on our upcoming trip in December with over $100.00 for extra spending.

IMHO, it's well worth it.

pacochran

I think as long as you are paying it off or don't have a high balance it is worth it, because the interest rate is high. We use it even to pay some of our bills, like utilities, I then just pay it down right away so I don't pay interest yet I get the rewards. When we go on the 28th:sohappy: we will have $350 to spend.

fredtom

If you're going to use a credit card anyway, and not pay cash for everything, then I recommend the Disney Visa. We had enough Reward dollars on our recent trip in September to pay for five nights of our Disney Dining Plan, which was almost $380. We had just about that many to use last year too. The interest may be higher than some other cards because of the Rewards, but there are perks and discounts that go along with it you'll appreciate.

Good luck whatever you decide...

"An Adventurer's life is best!" :lol:

JustPlainBill

We have ours and are using it to pay for our WDW vacation.
You can't beat 0% interest. We're not using the card for anything but the disney trip. We were using it a lot before but stopped to pay down the balance that is not 0% interest.

lebeau

One benefit no one has mentioned. It's a great conversation piece. Almost every time I use it, people start asking me about WDW.

kennygman

One benefit no one has mentioned. It's a great conversation piece. Almost every time I use it, people start asking me about WDW.

That's true. It's a a great conversation piece too. I always say, "Mickey's buying," as I hand them the card.

Make sure you pay it off each month and it IS a benefit.

DME

I don't think I saw anyone mention this benefit...

if you use book your Disney Vacation with it...you can get deferred interest payments for 6 months...

I also used it to buy tickets to Mary Poppins on Broadway back in April. Back then it first went on sale to groups...then to Disney Visa members, then regular Visa member then the public. I just saw the show this past Saturday and it was wonderful sitting in the fifth row orchestra.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom