Disney Resorts-What is your favorite?

I was just wondering what everyone's preference was in regards to their favorite Disney Resort on site. Personally, my favorite is the All Star Sports though I have stayed at Pop Century and Coronado Springs. This past August 1-7 was my 9th stay at the All Stars and hopefully with some luck I will return next year for my 10th.

Ringo8n24

My favorite overall is Riverside. My favorite deluxe is Wilderness Lodge. My least favorite is Coronado Springs. I will never step foot on that property again.

Upvote 0

Main Street USA

The All-Stars are great, I agree. I've stayed in Music and Movies.

However, depending on what type off mood you're in, and other factors, Wilderness Lodge just can't be topped. That place is simply amazing.

Upvote 0

Clark Griswold

Original Poster
Hopefully I will stay at the Wilderness Lodge sometime in the near future; the reviews make it sound really cool! I agree with Ringo8n24 in that Coronado Springs is a terrible experience. The buses take forever to arrive and it is a mile walk to the bus stops!!

Upvote 0

mousermerf

Account Suspended
I loved Coronado for a romantic adult "no children for miles" type getaway with a beautiful romantic view across the lake at night.

I also love Wilderness Lodge and the Boardwalk (if i could afford a 2-story villa i'd live there!)

As for dislikes: Port Orleans Riverside was just "meh" as was Polynesian, and I wont go back to Contemporary before it finished refurbishment. I will NEVER set foot in the Grand ever again.

Upvote 0
My all time favorite resort is Animal Kingdom Lodge.
I've stayed at Riverside, French Q, Wilderness Lodge, Contempory, and a few others... AKL beats all of them!! Wilderness Lodge is pretty cool, especially for a family vacation camping spot. But since I'm from Virginia, there's a lot of camping here, and my grandparents own a campground. So Wilderness Lodge reminds me of back home, and I don't want to be back home, it's all about Disney for me!

Upvote 0

Edeyore

I love the Polynesian. You are close to so much and it has a terrific atmosphere. Both times we stayed there we were near the Luau.
Each night you would here the beating of the drums and a loud
Alooooooha! You can also leave the Magic Kingdom early and watch
the fireworks from the beach. It will always be my favorite.

Upvote 0

DCL

Polynesian is my favorite hotel as well! I'm fortunate enough to be working there at the front desk, starting on Saturday morning!! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

lawyergirl77

So far, I have loved the Poly and WL, really enjoyed POR (but I didn't stay there long enough to be able to really develop a love affair with it). I was deeply "meh" on the Contemporary and GF, but they're still WDW resorts, so still great compared to other hotels!!

I am going to be trying the AKL in 11 days, so I'm hoping to add a new, true favourite to that list!!

Upvote 0

madge

Clark Griswold said:
I was just wondering what everyone's preference was in regards to their favorite Disney Resort on site. Personally, my favorite is the All Star Sports though I have stayed at Pop Century and Coronado Springs. This past August 1-7 was my 9th stay at the All Stars and hopefully with some luck I will return next year for my 10th.

Overall favorite, Wilderness Lodge.

Coming in a very close second, the Swan or PO-R.

Our least favorite? Shades of Green. We'd stay there again, it wasn't awful....it just wasn't our favorite, LOL.

Upvote 0

Mystic

Wilderness Lodge. Nothing else compares to this majestic resort. Won't ever get me staying anywhere else. Would rather go for fewer days and stay at Wilderness Lodge.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom