Disney Resort - Port Orleans Resort - Riverside

rravindra

Hello All

My family and I will be visiting the above WDW resort in June, 2006 and this being our first trip and I need some advise and tips from you folks who have been to these resort and theme parks many times before

I would lile to know your experience in the above resort and how do you keep kids entertained who are 12 years (twins) and a 7 yr old.

We have taken the 7 day package and would like to know as to which theme parks we should visit first and so on.

We are not swimmers and hence will not be interested in the water parks although they are part of the packgae, can we exchange these tickets to something else????

Does anyone know if there are bus trips to the Kennedy space centre, busch gardens and sea world from the above resort and if so are they arranged by disney as well.

How are the line ups in June ( 19-25), are they manageable or is it over crowded.

Thanking all in advance for your reply.

RR:hammer:

dixiegirl

Oh miss this place.....Yes we were just there in feb..and going back in sept ...only 109 days to go...I love this resort ..this place...lots to do..fishing , boating . bike rentals or .going to see piano bob in the lounge..or hang out by muddy rivers for a drink or two....there's also boatwrights for great food...oh yummy bananna stuffed french toast.....oh good...but to me , its a resort thats great if you have children of all ages, or just two adults for a romantic stay....we went for our honeymoon which to us was very romantic..and now with our girls and they love it..... you'll have a great time!!!

Upvote 0

mick42

Riverside

WE Stayed there last August and we love it here, but make sure that you visit Bob the Piano man in the bar , your 2 girls will love him, in fct everyone loves Bob,he is one of the things that makes this resort so special and so popular

Mick

Upvote 0

Lucretia

Thanks everyone!

Hi everybody! Thanks for all of the tips and opinions about POR. As of today- we only have 5 full days before the big day!!! I am so excited!:sohappy: The girls are almost impossible to keep calm! After our trip I'll let y'all know if I had a mansion or a bayou room. I wish I could know NOW! I think I would prefer a mansion, but so many people have raved about the bayou rooms, including the Passporter writers! If anyone has any input on this topic I'm al ears- no pun intended! Thanks y'all!:wave:

Upvote 0

lawyergirl77

Lucretia said:
Hi everybody! Thanks for all of the tips and opinions about POR. As of today- we only have 5 full days before the big day!!! I am so excited!:sohappy: The girls are almost impossible to keep calm! After our trip I'll let y'all know if I had a mansion or a bayou room. I wish I could know NOW! I think I would prefer a mansion, but so many people have raved about the bayou rooms, including the Passporter writers! If anyone has any input on this topic I'm al ears- no pun intended! Thanks y'all!:wave:
I've stayed in both, and I think I preferred the Bayou rooms... If only because we were in building number 14 (closest to the main building)!

Either way - it's a goregeous resort, and you really can't go wrong with it. Both sides are beautiful and have their own special charm!

(And the room size felt the same on both sides to me! :wave: )

Upvote 0
dixiegirl said:
long live DIXIE LANDINGS!!!! sorry could not resist!! I love riverside..I would not mind staying at another resort...but i always keep coming back to riverside....its like home to us!!! WE'VE STAYED THERE EVERY YEAR SINCE OUR HONEYMOON IN 96' (oh sorry bout the caps!) It really is such a beautiful resort..we love the bayou section.....very homey.....yes i miss it..only 109 days to go.......

I couldn't agree more, Dixiegirl!! My wife and I, also, honeymooned at Dixie Landings in April of 1996 and we have gone EVERY year since then--next visit is in September/October 2006. Our daughter loves it there, too. We prefer the Magnolia Bend area, as close to the gazebo as possible. You will be there before we will--as of today, just 117 days!! Have a great trip and get the horse carriage ready for us!! :wave:

Upvote 0

Kadee

Lucretia said:

Hi Lucretia! I hope your trip is absolutely amazing......I know it will be! I really don't think it makes a difference which section of POR you are in as long as you are close to the main building. When I check in, I always request the closest room to the main building. I like the look of the mansion area better, but they are both so nice, I really don't care which one I get, as long as it is close to the food court. If you get stuck in the back, it is quite a hike to the food court. I really don't think any of the mansions are too far away. Oak Manor and Partierre Place are the two closest, and are a beautiful walk over a bridge with a gorgeous view. Building 14 in the Bayou section is THE closest.

Upvote 0

Lucretia

I'm back!

Port Orleans Riverside was lovely! We stayed at a mansion in Partierre Place and it was pretty great. Everyone's advice and tips were very appreciated. The girls loved it and it was a very comfy sized room for 4 people. Of course I liked our deluxe resort last time a little better (ha ha), but for the price, POR was terrific. I must say, though, I will never go there in the summer time again. There was a lot more rain and humidity than I expected. I know- duh! Expedition Everest was a blast, and we only waited 10 minutes in line! The lines were really not bad- I expected more crowds in the summer! Anyway, I just started a different thread about my only complaint about our trip. I guess if ya'll want to read it you will find it elsewhere! But thanks again to everybody who gave me their opinions of POR! Happy Disney Days to all!

Upvote 0

d'Isigny

Hi Lucretia! I hope your trip is absolutely amazing......I know it will be! I really don't think it makes a difference which section of POR you are in as long as you are close to the main building. When I check in, I always request the closest room to the main building. I like the look of the mansion area better, but they are both so nice, I really don't care which one I get, as long as it is close to the food court. If you get stuck in the back, it is quite a hike to the food court. I really don't think any of the mansions are too far away. Oak Manor and Partierre Place are the two closest, and are a beautiful walk over a bridge with a gorgeous view. Building 14 in the Bayou section is THE closest.

We stayed at Partierre Place last July...loved it. Though I did miss walking over the bridge by the main pool. Glad you had a wonderful time.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom