Disney Resort overnight parking

CaptainAmerica

The increases in costs for tickets, food and now parking have basically pushed me to local hotels that I get around 300 to 400 a week with RCI. They pushed me off property bc of the costs. How's that work to their advantage. I'm not paying more just to drive from Ohio for my car to sit all week. I loved being able to use disney transport.
It's a trade-off.

Disney's goal: Increase the cost of a rental car for on-site guests who fly to WDW. Convert them to on-site guests who rely on Disney transportation (i.e. captive guests who now need to spend all of their vacation money at WDW).

Positive side effect: Collect additional revenue from on-site guests who drive to WDW.

Positive side effect: Collect additional revenue from on-site guests who fly to WDW and rent a car.

Negative side effect: Some would-be on-site guests get fed up with the fee and decide to stay off property. Given resort occupancy rates, the impact of this is minimal because there's a line of people trying to get in to fill those room nights of people who move off property.

Their models say the pros outweigh the cons.

pbrsaau

Stayed at Fort Wilderness back in October '18 - the parking fee was in place - didn't get charged although I was expecting it to be charged - no reason/answer why it wasn't charged. Planning a trip now for this October and we will fly and use ME and stay at Riverside so not an issue. Will likely use a grocery delivery service for some snacks and beer and juice just to have in the room. Resort fees in general bother me, just like bag fees flying, or all the extra fees on top of a service anywhere. Just a matter of shopping services/products and doing what is best for yourself/family. Lying or not being truthful is never the right way to do things - honesty is the best policy.

Commander Buzzy

Stayed at Fort Wilderness back in October '18 - the parking fee was in place - didn't get charged although I was expecting it to be charged - no reason/answer why it wasn't charged. Planning a trip now for this October and we will fly and use ME and stay at Riverside so not an issue. Will likely use a grocery delivery service for some snacks and beer and juice just to have in the room. Resort fees in general bother me, just like bag fees flying, or all the extra fees on top of a service anywhere. Just a matter of shopping services/products and doing what is best for yourself/family. Lying or not being truthful is never the right way to do things - honesty is the best policy.

Campsites don't pay. Cabins pay $20 per night.
Source

Also DVC pays for parking when staying at a non-DVC resort and is using a fifferent form of payment other than vacation points.
Source

Sources found using a quick search of FAQ on the Disney World website.

Last edited:

Freshee61

I would not fewl at all guilty about lying at this point. They nickel and dime for everything. Raise prices and pull stuff from you then raise prices again.

Correct!

Oh & at value Resorts they time the amount of soda refills! S O D A ! The soda they charge $3+ But cost them cent on the dollar!!
And they are giving TV dinners at food court as eating options. Again charging $10+ When TV dinner box cost cents on the dollar.
And offering $20 bucks gift card for opting out of using housekeeping during your stay.
And value resorts at almost $200 a night on weekends.
WDW greed is So So so sooo very very sad...

Thank you so much op for brining up this issue showing horrible greedy ridiculous wdw has become.

Last edited:

Tom P.

Correct!

Oh & at value Resorts they time the amount of soda refills! S O D A ! The soda they charge $3+ But cost them cent on the dollar!!
And they are giving TV dinners at food court as eating options. Again charging $10+ When TV dinner box cost cents on the dollar.
And offering $20 bucks gift card for opting out of using housekeeping during your stay.
And value resorts at almost $200 a night on weekends.
WDW greed is So So so sooo very very sad...

Thank you so much op for brining up this issue showing horrible greedy ridiculous wdw has become.
If you truly believe that Disney is ripping you off, the solution is to not go. The solution is not to lie and cheat your way to "making up for" their greed.

Chi84

Premium Member
Cmon chi, I really thought you were smarter than goofy. You should really practice what you preach😋
I’m probably going to regret this lol, but the OP asked for advice on what he could do (i.e. how he should act) in order to avoid being charged overnight parking fees. More than one person responded by telling the OP that he should lie (lying is a behavior) and say he did not have a car. Others responded by advising OP he should not lie and should stay elsewhere (both actions) if he did not want to be charged. A post is not off-topic simply because you don’t like the advice. I’ll try to live with your assessment of my intelligence.

UNCgolf

I could have easily not paid on my recent trip -- I actually had to go to the lobby to pay for my parking the morning we checked out because they didn't have a credit card on file. So obviously I did pay, but $160 I paid was quite the ripoff considering the parking lot was maybe 10% full the entire time I was there.

In the end, though, it was still cheaper and more convenient than buying a plane ticket, and we did use my car a few times to get places that would have otherwise required using Lyft. I'll pay it again next time I go for those reasons, but it is ridiculously overpriced.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Cheating is cheating...so nice try there

But they don’t “track cars”...so really it’s whether you offer it or not if you get charged.

Disney is good at tracking spending habits (I know)...they are shockingly awful at handling hotel operations/logistics (I know)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom