Disney Resort overnight parking

Animaniac93-98

Disney charges for overnight parking at the resorts. Whether or not they have an effective system in place to properly track who is parking overnight or what the reason is for the policy is irrelevant. That is the policy. If you are parking overnight at the resorts, then you should be honest and pay the fee. If you do not want to pay the fee, either don't drive to Walt Disney World or do not stay on property.

Conversely, if Disney's implementation of the fee is sloppy and inconsistent, that is not the consumer's fault.

It's also not in Disney's interest to chase down, interrogate and nickle and dime its customers by insisting on charging for something that was free for decades. The lost time and good will spent doing so is not worth it.

If you are correctly charged, pay the fee. If not, there's no reason for you to say anything.

Tom P.

Conversely, if Disney's implementation of the fee is sloppy and inconsistent, that is not the consumer's fault.

It's also not in Disney's interest to chase down, interrogate and nickle and dime its customers by insisting on charging for something that was free for decades. The lost time and good will spent doing so is not worth it.

If you are correctly charged, pay the fee. If not, there's no reason for you to say anything.
That is different from what was being discussed. People were advocating deliberately lying to Disney to avoid paying the fee. That is different from Disney not charging you after you have been honest.

Dad 2 M & M

Disney charges for overnight parking at the resorts. Whether or not they have an effective system in place to properly track who is parking overnight or what the reason is for the policy is irrelevant. That is the policy. If you are parking overnight at the resorts, then you should be honest and pay the fee. If you do not want to pay the fee, either don't drive to Walt Disney World or do not stay on property.
I couldn't agree with you more. While I understand the heartburn it gives some to be charged a Resort fee, when it comes down to it, I don't think I could lie when asked. Not thrilled about paying the fee, but we still choose to stay at Disney Resorts, and thus pay the fee....
That's probably why they didn't charge for parking for the first 45+ years the resort was open.
I wonder how much the off-site resorts charging the fee played in to Disney's decision to charge? Most of the Palm Parkway and "Maingate", as well as Disney Springs resorts now charge a resort fee. Some of these resorts only charge the fee during Peak seasons....bummer is Disney really doesn't have a less than moderate season any longer....

**edit** a quick check shows $12.00 fees next week for several hotels W. Irlo next week.......

Last edited:

MissingDisney

We made a reservation when we saw resort fees were going to be implemented to avoid fees for a vacation about 11 months later. A promotion came out so I called to add the promo rates and the cast member said she would be sure to add a notation that since our reservation was made prior to the implementation date, we would not be charged. I called a couple times over the course of the next 10 months and everyone I spoke to said they saw the note and there would be no issue. At check-in, sure enough, it was the battle of the century. The cast member was terrible and tried to charge us anyway and said she saw the note but it didn’t matter and since we added a promo it changed the “status” of our reservation (the reservation number never changed) and we were going to pay the fee no matter what. I had all of my original paperwork that was mailed to us, plus the subsequent emails when the promo was added to show the reservation was indeed made prior to resort fees being implemented. She actually tried to tell me the paperwork had a typo error in the year and wouldn’t take the parking off. We had to get a manager involved to have the fees taken off. It was by far the most negative experience we’ve ever had with a Disney employee. The manager helped us, we thanked him repeatedly, and he had her close her window and they walked away. The next morning I got an email from Disney guest services and found we had been given Disney gift card. I certainly wasn’t expecting that and found it to be a very nice gesture on their part.

Last edited:

lemon peeler

Is not paying a parking fee the same as shoplifting from a retailer? YES, so if you are going to lie and cheat someone just stay away and don't come to my store either. Remember when you are stealing from a company or other enterprise you are stealing from another person whether it be unknown stockholder, the worker at the store, or the store owner. You should not be discussing how to steal on these forums is my opinion!

Hcalvert

Since parking fees were enacted, we have just rented DVC points to avoid the fees. However, most of the time I use DME since I fly, but we were going to initially drive down for our trip in March because flights were too expensive. I looked into how much the moderates were and factored in the parking fees, then went looking to rent points for the same amount or less per night. I was able to find that, so I booked DVC. Of course, now we are flying, so all the planning was irrelevant, but we get to stay at CVV 2 nights and Poly 4 nights instead and with the money saved, we are attending an after hours event too.

Club Cooloholic

If I may make a suggestion that Disney should use that would be most fair to both them and their customers, charge hotel guests each time they leave the lot. If you drive to WDW, park it and take buses and monorails the rest of the time, no biggie, you pay $15 to $25 on your way out on checkout day. Seems like a good compromise and again, I think the fees were not just encouraged by other hotels, but by the fact they want to trap you there.

Last edited:

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I would not fewl at all guilty about lying at this point. They nickel and dime for everything. Raise prices and pull stuff from you then raise prices again.
1578932971225.png

But wait!
LOL. I have the real deal for the placard. I have a wrecked hip and have qualified for a working dog. The fakes cause the real people with real needs to have problems.
You wouldn't be charged anyway. Why would you care one way or the other?

Chi84

Premium Member
I hate the resort parking fees, especially at the mods where there are tons of parking spots. But it's Disney's property, so Disney gets to make the rules. Vote with your wallet by staying off-site, if you must, but don't lie or cheat. That's never the answer.

Occasional Guest

If there were a value added reason for the fee, I'd be okay with it. For example, they covered all the spots, or you get a car wash! If some extra feature were added it could justify the fee. To take something that is free, and just add a fee, annoys me. Having said that, it factors into my trip budget. I pay if charged, and deduct from somewhere else.

kylewr86

The increases in costs for tickets, food and now parking have basically pushed me to local hotels that I get around 300 to 400 a week with RCI. They pushed me off property bc of the costs. How's that work to their advantage. I'm not paying more just to drive from Ohio for my car to sit all week. I loved being able to use disney transport.

Chi84

Premium Member
There are honest ways to nickel and dime Disney - you can eat in your room, forgo buying souvenirs, stay off-site, etc. Lying to cheat Disney out of a fee that it has every right to impose simply because you don't like it is not a good idea.

MmeLeota

For those with handicap parking placard, be careful and always check your bill. The last trip we had 2 rooms but only 1 vehicle AND the placard...When we checked out and got home I looked at the bill and saw we were not only charged but charged for the 2 rooms (2 vehicles) for the 2 nights! So, I looked at the last 3 trips and they had done it all 3 times...I called the billing and they fixed it...but who knows if they had done it a few more times..I don't save all of my folios I usually shred them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom