Disney Resort Card Keys

WDWfreak89

I know evey year that the disney resort card keys change and I have 2000 2001 and 2002 but I cant make it down there this year and was woundering if anybody could post a picture of the 2003 card so I can see it. Thanks

mcbates23

A little off subject but does anyone remember the really old room keys? The ones with the holes in it and you put the key in the slot turned the handle with it still in to open the door.

I remember you had to return them to the res. desk at the end of your stay.

Then they gave you a second cheap plastix card with a number on it so you could charge this back to your room. No mag. strip on the back of it.

Does anyone remember these or am I just to old :animwink:

Upvote 0

maelstrom

I was surprised when I got my room key this trip and it had Tinkerbell on it. I love my room key. :) But I hate my stupid paper AP. I rather liked my old laminated picture AP, which you can see pictures of on my site (URL is in my signature).

Upvote 0

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
We're thinking of getting AP's for our trip in November....ok...we WILL be getting AP's...it's cheaper than buying tix by the day.

Is it possible to laminate them? How bad of quality paper are we talking?

Upvote 0

Figment1986

one reason why tinkerbell might be there could be the fact Walt had used it as An icon for the original Park Disney Land and they say how popular it is with forengers?

Upvote 0

maelstrom

Originally posted by Figment1986
one reason why tinkerbell might be there could be the fact Walt had used it as An icon for the original Park Disney Land and they say how popular it is with forengers?

I think Tinkerbell is making a comeback. Or something. She's so popular again. Or maybe it's just a fairy thing. Fairies are popular. Merryweather, Flora, & Fauna have practically their own float in Spectro Magic. Just my random 2 cents. Or something like that. I should go to bed. :snore:

Upvote 0

Woody13

Originally posted by Fievel
We're thinking of getting AP's for our trip in November....ok...we WILL be getting AP's...it's cheaper than buying tix by the day.

Is it possible to laminate them? How bad of quality paper are we talking?

No, you don't need to laminate them. They come with a little cardboard "bookcover" and they are really very durable. I have gotten AP's as far back as I can remember (every year) and I have never had one wear out yet. I go "way back" to the days when the AP's had your picture on them and those were laminated. The new paper ones hold up just fine. Care for them as you would paper currency. Also, they have a magnetic strip on them so keep them away from magnetic fields. One word of advice, make a copy of your AP (or jot down the code numbers on the back) just in case you lose it or it becomes damaged. That way Guest Services can easily replace it if required. Just make sure you position your fingers in the scanner properly. :cool:
Have many great trips!

Upvote 0

jmarc63

Originally posted by mcbates23
A little off subject but does anyone remember the really old room keys? The ones with the holes in it and you put the key in the slot turned the handle with it still in to open the door.

I remember you had to return them to the res. desk at the end of your stay.

Then they gave you a second cheap plastix card with a number on it so you could charge this back to your room. No mag. strip on the back of it.

Does anyone remember these or am I just to old :animwink:

well going back a little further..

We stayed at the Contempoary from 71 to76 and at the Villias on LBV from 77 to 80, and the key at the Contempoary was huge, the head of the key was the logo for the contempoary at the time which was an outline of the A frame, and your ID was the thicker paper or medium card stock type that was perferated where your card would be removed from the rest of the card stock that was punched on the edges for a tractor feed printer. the card was around the same dementions as a credit card of the time with rounded corners. Later years at the Villias the card was reduced in size around a half an inch and the corners were square.

I was back in 93 on my Honeymoon and we stayed at CBR and our Id was a thin plastic for everythinh, the card was the dementions of a credit card and was white. on one side was the resort name with logo our name and a durestion indicator for the room key, there was also a printed bar code that they scanned at the park gates. on the reverse side there was a mag stripe.

Upvote 0

msteddom

Hey pepsistar, you may not have plastic APs in WDW, but at least you guys have Space Mountian for the next two years. I'm coming to WDW just to get my fix!:animwink:

Upvote 0

Figment1986

WDW must be the only place i know of that has paper, I live near BGT and had a AP their for a few years (Finally renewing this year) and they are plasic, with your picture on the back near the bar code.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom