Disney Replacing Yellow Ponchos

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Original Poster
Disney Replacing Yellow Ponchos
8:27 a.m. EDT September 23, 2003

LAKE BUENA VISTA (local6.com/WKMG-TV CBS) -- Officials at Walt Disney World are replacing all yellow ponchos used by visitors at the theme parks on rainy days with clear rain gear, according to Local 6 News.

The clear raincoats should help family members identify their loved ones in the crowds during a storm, according to Local 6 News. Currently, all rain ponchos are yellow and when a storm pops up at the park, the crowd turns into a sea of yellow ponchos.

The move comes after several requests from theme park visitors who are often forced to purchase the rain protection when storms hit Centeral Florida.

2504007_200X150.jpg

X2CommNavISTC

Account Suspended
Ah, good ol Channel six news....

Leave it to them to report something as stupid as this.

Seriously, for you out of Orlando people, these idiots (And Im talking about the elite of the IVIA....International Village Idiots Association)...will sit there for five minutes and just constantly jackjaw with nothing revlient to say, corny jokes and reports about....cats getting stuck in drain pipes? Lightning hitting trees?

CUMMON! Report something worth it! Three words in the news they could talk about....Operation Iraqi Freedom..

End rant about the IVIA.

I am glad though that they are switching, seriously, the whole "They were wearing a yellow slicker/poncho" thing was getting to the point to where I would want to go in the break room and find my friend that said "Bang Head Here" on the wall....yeah, we actually have those....although I think Im the only one that uses it....cept I tear the foam away and do this...:brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: then pass out.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Original Poster
Originally posted by X2CommNavISTC
CUMMON! Report something worth it! Three words in the news they could talk about....Operation Iraqi Freedom..

personally, I'm glad a station has stepped out to cover something other than the war. The news has been so depressing lately, I've just been reading it online or in the newspaper... at least there, if I don't like the story, I can turn the page.

Wilt Dasney

these idiots will sit there for five minutes and just constantly jackjaw with nothing revlient to say, corny jokes and reports about....cats getting stuck in drain pipes? Lightning hitting trees?

That's community journalism, though. If they spent all their time reporting on national or international news, people would gripe about there not being enough local coverage. if they do too many 'cat stuck in tree' stories, they're called irrelevant and "soft." It's a Catch 22.

Even if you think it's stupid, there are people who like hearing about local items like that and depend on local stations to provide it for them.

aim

:sohappy: I didn't really enjoy those yellow things! :lol: I know that they used to sell the clear ones back in the day. I'm not sure if they sold adult ones, but we have pictures of us kids in clear ones from Epcot.

X2CommNavISTC

Account Suspended
Yes. Im glad that they report something different from around the area....but when they do it, seriously, no lie, at least once everytime during their 5, 5:30, 6 and 6:30, it gets kind of old hearing about a cat getting stuck in a drain pipe....damn furball from hell, they deserve to get stuck, shouldnt have been screwin around the pipes or whatever those damn things get into.

As you can tell I hate cats (Dont kill me! Please!):lookaroun

Wilt Dasney

Yes. Im glad that they report something different from around the area....but when they do it, seriously, no lie, at least once everytime during their 5, 5:30, 6 and 6:30, it gets kind of old hearing about a cat getting stuck in a drain pipe....damn furball from hell, they deserve to get stuck, shouldnt have been screwin around the pipes or whatever those damn things get into.

As you can tell I hate cats (Dont kill me! Please!):lookaroun

lol...I see issues beyond a gripe with the local station here. :animwink:

DisneyJill

I'm going to look like a real goober now wearing one of my 3 yellow ponchos when everyone else is wearing clear. :lookaroun

mrtoad

Originally posted by DisneyJill
I'm going to look like a real goober now wearing one of my 3 yellow ponchos when everyone else is wearing clear. :lookaroun

As long as that is the only time you look like a real goober, then you will be ok. :animwink:

aim

Originally posted by DisneyJill

Don't worry, I don't think you will be the only one still wearing a yellow one. We buy at least one new one everytime we go :lookaroun So, we have tons of them.

MicBat

Did they make the clear ponchos about 10 years ago? I have a clear poncho somewhere at home with the (then) 3 park emblem on it. Anyone else with one of these?

gjpjtj

We purchased 3 ponchos on our trip 2 weeks ago. The adult ponchos were clear, and the child poncho was yellow. I remember saying to my wife, "what are they changing the pochos?". This clears that up. Thanks!!:)

tigsmom

Originally posted by Catch 22
Aw shucks! No more wearing your poncho in the nude... :eek: :lol:

You just need to be bold. :lol:

I'm not looking forward to clear ponchos...remind me of garbage bags or dry cleaner bags.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom