Disney Quest

the-reason14

Original Poster
Last time I was there last week sometime, the elevator didn't have the 'magic mirror.' Not sure if it's being refurbed or what not, but I'm hoping that's the case? I'm sure not very many people here even bother with DQ, but if anyone does, could you check and see if it's back? It was the left elevator or 'cybolater.'

HandyAndy

Visited yesterday. Rode the elevator on the left. No genie. Starting to be rather unimpressed this trip with the amount of missing effects around the resort!

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
Good golly, DQ! Even if it's not a huge money-maker, bad show is bad show. The absence of one effect is excusable, but, overall, DQ is little more than a museum of what was impressive 15 years ago.
And this is coming from someone who really likes the place!

the-reason14

Original Poster
Visited yesterday. Rode the elevator on the left. No genie. Starting to be rather unimpressed this trip with the amount of missing effects around the resort!

Wow, I guess it's gone for good. Damn, why!!?? It wasn't amazing or anything, but it definitely was a nice little distraction. I hope they bring it back since it seemed to be really simple to keep going. Wow.

Flight Safety

I'm starting to get tired of hearing about all the cutbacks and missing fx, etc. :( I know it wasnt that big of a deal, but I loved Genie... :mad:

the-reason14

Original Poster
I'm starting to get tired of hearing about all the cutbacks and missing fx, etc. :( I know it wasnt that big of a deal, but I loved Genie... :mad:

Totally agree. And to think that this one seemed to be easy to operate. It was a nice little 'story' to the 'adventure' that awaited. Now it's just blah.

pumpkin7

i've only ever been to disney quest once, so i may have misheard, but the only thing i noticed about the genie was that he wasn't voiced by robin williams. lol.

FLYbyNITE

Not to get off topic here but I'm going to DW in a few weeks and never did the Quest. Is it worth visiting? How much time would I need? Would my 12year old daughter enjoy it? Thanks in advance for any info.

the-reason14

Original Poster
Not to get off topic here but I'm going to DW in a few weeks and never did the Quest. Is it worth visiting? How much time would I need? Would my 12year old daughter enjoy it? Thanks in advance for any info.

It's really hard to say honestly. If you want to pay extra for essentially a glory fide arcade then errr....somewhat. It's a part of my ticket so it's 'extra' but the water parks was the main draw to get the 'extra' not DQ. They do have a few 'unique' things in there like cyber space mt. the pirates thing, virtual jungle cruise etc. but I honestly think you're better of spending your money elsewhere.

FLYbyNITE

It's a part of my ticket so it's 'extra' but the water parks was the main draw to get the 'extra' not DQ........ but I honestly think you're better of spending your money elsewhere.

Thanks for the info, We have the water parks option on our tickets too, so I quess it wouldn't cost us. We plan on spending a few hours down at DD to shop and have lunch at TRex, but I don't really want to kill a day down there.

Crockett

Banned
There has been a noticeable improvement as of late in maintainence.
Well said. We went in late June and had a great time, while noticing new magic that we missed during previous trips. WDW is constantly evolving, not always perfect, but definitely the most magical place on earth!

the-reason14

Original Poster
Thanks for the info, We have the water parks option on our tickets too, so I quess it wouldn't cost us. We plan on spending a few hours down at DD to shop and have lunch at TRex, but I don't really want to kill a day down there.

Anytime. And I know what you mean about not wanting to kill a day. Honestly the past few times I've been in DQ it really wasn't that crowded at all. So if you get there earlier(afternoon time/during the day) then you could do a lot of stuff. I don't really go to 'explore' anymore even though there's a lot of stuff in there I've never done, but seeing it all could take time. I also think some things don't operate until later at night when it gets 'crowded.' But it's different, and if it's already on your ticket then I'd check it out. Either way, have fun.

jkostyal

We visit DQ on each visit to WDW. Usually on the last day to spend time before having to return to the airport. Its fun to play some classic video games and talk trash. We always find that special experience that we talk about long after the credit cards are paid off. Its also a great way to forget about all the money you've spent in Downtown Disney.

brandon8419

Aw, that's too bad :/

The only thing worth doing at DQ is the animation studio and the make your own rollercoaster ride. Has anything new been added in recent years? The last time I was at DQ was in '08

Kamikaze

We visit DQ on each visit to WDW. Usually on the last day to spend time before having to return to the airport. Its fun to play some classic video games and talk trash. We always find that special experience that we talk about long after the credit cards are paid off. Its also a great way to forget about all the money you've spent in Downtown Disney.

Hi, welcome to WDWmagic. Please stick to the default font size, color, and face. Thank you.

CJR

Well said. We went in late June and had a great time, while noticing new magic that we missed during previous trips. WDW is constantly evolving, not always perfect, but definitely the most magical place on earth!

I'm glad you enjoyed your trips. For the price you pay, you kind of need to enjoy your trips or else :fork: . haha

However, clearly DQ needs maintenance. SSE also needs maintenance and I'm not talking about the finale, the boats in the famous ABC scene don't move anymore, also see the thread about Nemo. Have you been on Imagination lately, or Universe of Energy? They need to be completely overhauled. Expedition Everest's Yeti, nuff said.

Let's not forget it took a fire to close the Tiki Room. Kind of extreme, eh? I'm not convinced that it's gotten better, maybe the same, but not better. It needs to get better. DQ is very much a part of WDW and needs to be taken seriously.

I personally believe Disney needs to focus more on this quote: "The quality will out. And so I think they're going to stay with that policy because it's proved that it's a good business policy. Give the people everything you can give them." DQ needs attention.

the-reason14

Original Poster
I'm glad you enjoyed your trips. For the price you pay, you kind of need to enjoy your trips or else :fork: . haha

However, clearly DQ needs maintenance. SSE also needs maintenance and I'm not talking about the finale, the boats in the famous ABC scene don't move anymore, also see the thread about Nemo. Have you been on Imagination lately, or Universe of Energy? They need to be completely overhauled. Expedition Everest's Yeti, nuff said.

Let's not forget it took a fire to close the Tiki Room. Kind of extreme, eh? I'm not convinced that it's gotten better, maybe the same, but not better. It needs to get better. DQ is very much a part of WDW and needs to be taken seriously.

I personally believe Disney needs to focus more on this quote: "The quality will out. And so I think they're going to stay with that policy because it's proved that it's a good business policy. Give the people everything you can give them." DQ needs attention.

Last time I was there they were moving. I was surprised since I heard or thought it was a removed effect. I think in May they weren't moving, but 2 weeks ago they were.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom