Disney Quest?

TTATraveler

Disney Quest is an interactive playground so to speak. There are video games, virtual reality rides, and other things to see along those lines. I haven't been there since it first opened but I remember a virtual jungle cruise ride, designing your own roller coaster, and a bumper car ride.

I'd say go if the weather is crappy or you want to take a break from the parks. You could probably spend a couple of hours there depending on how busy it is and what you are into.

imamouse

Disney Quest is great if you love video games and more. They have a PotC game where you shoot cannons at ships; a 'human pinball' game where you stand on a platform and while viewing a large screen tilt your platform to hit the on-screen ball (it was a lot of fun).

There is a station where you design a roller coaster on a PC then you strap into a simulator and take a virtual ride on the coaster you just designed (so be careful of including too many inversions).

We really loved the bumper cars that have the added benefit of being able to drive over soccer-sized balls to collect them into the car, then load them into a gun and shoot them at the other cars. This takes two people; one to drive and the other to be the gunner. This was our favorite attraction of all and my husband and I creamed our 2 sons!

If you have never been before, and have the time and money to spare, and like games, then I recommend an afternoon at DQ.

GymLeaderPhil

Please keep in mind that the attractions are dated. There are 1998 graphics and systems, in addition to old references to parts of Disney that no longer exist in the eyes of the today's franchise (Mighty Ducks, Bill Nye, Alien Encounter, etc.)

I've been to Disney Quest around seven times... even when they used to charge per attraction using that point system. You'll still find evidence of that point system on several of the large attractions.

It's fun to go if you have the time and money, but certainly doesn't hold a high repeat value. They have yet to add a new attraction and have only updated one (Pirates was once Hercules-based).

col

i cant wait to go to disney quest it looks fab and you can only try it -theres no harm in that!

ive heard good stuff about the floor which has all the classic games like pac man.

this will be my first visit to disney quest and i cant wait!

49 days to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:xmas: :sohappy: :)

HunnyPot

It's kinda funny this post was on here, because I was going to post a question about it! We're going to have DQ included in our tickets. I'm assuming that the video games cost extra. Does everything in there cost extra? We've never been before, but are hoping to go on our next trip. Thanks!

the-reason14

I think DQ is really cool. It is a good alternative to the parks, and if your a game person you will definatly like it. I go almost every trip just to shoot some hoops and compete and it is so much fun, esp for a first night going place.

GymLeaderPhil

roykeboy said:
So these days you only pay an entrance fee? the games are free once you are inside?
Yep. The only games that cost money are the "Games of Chance" where you might potentially win something (like a Crane Game).

HunnyPot said:
It's kinda funny this post was on here, because I was going to post a question about it! We're going to have DQ included in our tickets. I'm assuming that the video games cost extra. Does everything in there cost extra? We've never been before, but are hoping to go on our next trip. Thanks!

All games are free except for the ones on the fourth floor that spit out tickets that I can think of :D

Number_6

Gepettotrevor said:
All games are free except for the ones on the fourth floor that spit out tickets that I can think of :D

The last I heard, those had actually been removed. This was according to a CM there that I used to work with.

TTATraveller said:
I'd say go if the weather is crappy or you want to take a break from the parks. You could probably spend a couple of hours there depending on how busy it is and what you are into.
Actually, when the weather is crappy is the absolute worst time to go. That's when everyone else is going to show up and you'll find yourself waiting in much longer lines. Trust me, I used to work there. We hit capacity and turned people away most often on days when it was raining. Only a few times did we hit capacity on a nice day, and that was usually because there were large groups that were there(one day had a group of 700 and a group of about 850).

Brent

Well its been awhile since I was at DQ for the one time I went (in chicago before it went bye bye) But I can't wait to go again its something you need to do at least once in your lifetime & than if you like it once every couple trips to WDW its fun so go & have a wonderful time. (those bumper cars are AWSOME!)

I think DQ is great, especially for us oldies that like a bit of nostalga as on a couple of the floors there are some classic games like Pacman and Luna Lander.

I'm addicted to Buzz Lightyear's AstroBlaster (The bumper car ride) and if you get an DQ AP (which when we got one was cheaper than 2 visits to DQ) then you can just pop in and out anytime you want.

We used to use it when we were going to La Nouba or PI (which is sayig a lot as the last time we were there we went to La Nouba twice and PI another five times) and since we're going with kids this time it'll be even better. :)

Of course the other good thing is that it's open later than the parks (we went off season last time and they were open till around 11pm - midnight), but as with rain days, once the parks are closed it gets busy.

DeborJohn

Extra Money Items

Last time we went, you could make your own Roller Coaster and then "ride" it (simulator). You can buy a copy of the video of your ride. Also, you buy a copy of a Kareoke type song. We have never spent any extra money when we have gone.

My family loves it. We usually plan for a half day there and the other half of the day we walk around Downtown Disney.

Have fun!

nighttimewisher

last year we bought the tickets that had disney quest included and we just went in after th ewater parks. a couple of hours every couple of days was a gd thing. before that i did 1 full day but that can be too much especially if uve done it before.

Valawen9

Mecha Figment said:
Is it worth it and whats in there to see.

is it a place where you wait in line or is it as come as you go attraction.

I've been there maybe 3 or 4 times. I'm not really a big gamer but I had fun. I mean I must have being that I went back a few more times right?:)

kaylasmom

Well, dated or not, I absolutely LOVE DQ.

I have an annual pass, and I go often.

The virtual PotC is awesome, and would be fun to do with a large group.

There are interactive art classes, where an "instructor" will teach you to draw Mickey or several other Disney characters. You can create music, or kids can take their pictures and distort their images with interactive tools (I think they have the same thing in Epcot at the Figment ride).

My favorite is the two levels of classic video games (I grew up in the 80's, so I am in heaven on the 3rd and 5th floor!!!). All kinds of games, from Ms Pac Man, Tron, Joust, Berzerk, BurgerTime, QBert, Frogger, and Donkey Kong just to name a few. But in addition to the classic games, you can also find games like an Airline simulator, and just about every racing game known to man. (I could play Crazy Taxi for hours... and have!)

There are also a couple other Virtual Reality attractions, Comix and Aladdin, but I'm not a big fan of either, only because the VR stuff tends to make me a bit motion sick.

You can still create your own roller coaster at Virtual Space Mountain, just don't leave anything in your pockets when you do, because the simulator will actually spin you upside down. Someone left some change in the cart once before me, and I got hit in the head repeatedly with pennies and dimes.

The Cheesecake Factory express has a restaurant on the 4th floor with decent pizza, and of course there are hamburgers and such as well.

My advice is do NOT go during bad weather, because that's where everyone else goes (it is totally indoors). Of course, it's best trait is being AIR CONDITIONED, which may not matter too much this time of November, but in mid July-August, I don't even go to the parks, just to DQ and the Water Parks.

And I quite like the Alien Encounter attraction, it is something else that's fun to do with a small group of people.

Considering how many quarters I pumped into video games when I was 12, the daily admission is WELL worth the price, but it's even better with an annual pass.

As you can see, I am a big fan of DQ, and I hope you enjoy yourself should you decide to go!

goofyfan13

GymLeaderPhil said:
There are 1998 graphics and systems, in addition to old references to parts of Disney that no longer exist in the eyes of the today's franchise (Mighty Ducks, Bill Nye, Alien Encounter, etc.)

Well, aparently Bill Nye is coming back, I haven't really read into his new show much, but have just heard about it, so I really can't explain it to you. http://www.eyesofnye.org/ :wave: I do like the Alien Encounter reference though, it's the last shred of one of my favorite attractions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom