Disney Quest closing rumors

Darth Plank

Original Poster
DisneyQuest is closing down!(If you want to know what it's being replaced with it's the ESPN zone) That Jim Hill Media is telling the truth i guess?
Sign your name on this thread to save it! Or :cry: Ok?

starwood

What???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

They Can't Close It, I Was Finally Going To Go To It This Spring!!!!!!!

Anyone Know When It's Closing??????????????

Erika

If this is your worst day ever I think a lot of people would love to trade lives with you :lol:

That's a shame, I know a lot of people who really enjoy it there.

cdunbar

Yeah seriously, IF this is your definition of the worst day ever I what just like to say that u seriosuly need to re-examine yourself.

SewIn2Disney

There's been rumors about this for awhile--I can't believe i'd actually ever see it happen. I went to it for a half day back in 1999, we were on a band trip from HS. We all loved it, and I wanted the rest of my family to go, but we never seem to have the time when we go!

dreamscometrue

Like every other rumour that's been around for quite a while, I'll believe it when I see a reliable source. If it is in fact true, I'm sure it's because attendance isn't what it used to be or they feel ESPN Zone or something else would be a more viable use of that space. Personally, I think it's time to make a change and I was never a big DQ fan anyway.

ISTCrew20

DisneyQuest was neat the first few times. I was just there a couple weeks ago, and it's not looking too good in there. It needs a rehab of some sort. The place just looked dirty.

I have heard the Disneyquest rumor, but I also know that Virgin has been closing down their shops in South Florida because they are trying to get rid of their megastores. ESPN is making it to Downtown Disney, just not sure exactly where.

MissM

I honestly don't see the big deal if it did close. It's $40 to get in. That's WAY overpriced for an arcade. I've never gone and I'm sure many people are unbelievably turned off by that kind of price tag.
-m

mrbillonooo

S said before, this rumor has been around a long time....DQ is not closing...but yes, the ESPN Zone is coming to Disney...the 2 most likey spots in order: 1st past The House of Blues and CO, that would draw more people down that way and there is more than enough room in a parking lot that is not used much...the 2nd place is next to the Comedy Club, but there most likey is not enough room...the ESPN club at the Boardwalk will stay but drop the ESPN name.

S said before, this rumor has been around a long time....DQ is not closing...but yes, the ESPN Zone is coming to Disney...the 2 most likey spots in order: 1st past The House of Blues and CO, that would draw more people down that way and there is more than enough room in a parking lot that is not used much...the 2nd place is next to the Comedy Club, but there most likey is not enough room...the ESPN club at the Boardwalk will stay but drop the ESPN name.
I will agree.DQ is not closing,just changing a little.

ToddnMelindaG

Always liked DQ

My wife and I have always spent a few hours at DQ every time we went to WDW. I will agree with a previous poster that it is starting to look very dirty in there and is in definate need of a rehab, but don't get rid of it completely. My suggestion would be to possibly make the top couple of floors a large sports bar and move all the more family fun games and attractions to the main floor and below.

:xmas: Happy Holidays to all :xmas:

chaggy102

There just may be a combination of the two; if you have ever been to an ESPN Zone they usually have a floor, or two, or three for DC, of video games so it would not surprise me in the least if they brought in the Zone to be in Disney Quest and left some of the more popular Quest ideals such as build your own roller coaster....

~Chag

Space Mountain

I honestly don't see the big deal if it did close. It's $40 to get in. That's WAY overpriced for an arcade. I've never gone and I'm sure many people are unbelievably turned off by that kind of price tag.
-m

Annual Premium Pass solved that problem.

Honestly, Disneyquest is done and over with..I remember when they were really popular and now nobody really cares too much about it. I liked Disneyquest but i wont be upset if its replaced.

spaceghost

There just may be a combination of the two; if you have ever been to an ESPN Zone they usually have a floor, or two, or three for DC, of video games so it would not surprise me in the least if they brought in the Zone to be in Disney Quest and left some of the more popular Quest ideals such as build your own roller coaster....

~Chag

At first I was against closing DQ, but this idea seems definitely viable... find a way to keep the Pirates ride, make your own coaster, and some of the other cool things, plus a bunch of the videogames, and then add in the ESPN sports stuff, and you could have a winning combo that would still appeal to the same people who like DQ now, plus bring in a bunch of new customers who are into the sports and dining experience. I don't think having DQ and ESPN Zone in DTD together would make much sense though, as it would seem some of their business would overlap...

BrerKev

I went for the first time, on my last trip. While we enjoyed some of the attractions (i.e. Virtual Pirates), most of the virtual attractions just gave me a headache. But I can see where a lot of parents would enjoy dropping the kids off to get some shopping done.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom