Disney Putting The Lid On Multiple Bookings

jmarc63

I was reading on some Disney travel sites tonight that WDW is cracking down on Guests making multiple bookings for rooms.

The reason is they have upgraded the computer software for the reservations system and are able to track this by either Guests CC numbers or addresses.They also know when you have been there before and where you stayed. They have noticed that more and more guests have made multiple bookings of rooms for the same dates there by creating an artifical rise in the numbers of rooms booked at a resort for (a) certain date(s). I know that some of my fellow members here on the site have become Quite savvy over the years on getting the best rate and made one booking under one rate then discovered a better rate and booked the better rate. seems some aren't Canceling the first booking right away while deciding what they wanted to do about which resort to stay at. This could also go along with the buzz on another thread about WDW requiring you to pay upfront for you reservation.

There is good and bad in this. the bad is that you will have to decide quickly on your accomadations. The good is that if it is a popular resort then there will be more rooms available for a picticular rate code since it seams that a room that had a discount code when canceled goes back to the rack rate pool and loses it's discount status making less discount rooms available for each resort.

SpongeScott

I completely agree with WDW on this one. I really don't see the point in multiple bookings--make your initial reservation and then if you find a better deal, simply cancel the original one. It's a matter of planning and courtesy.

Upvote 0

kwt10

This is a good move on Disney's part. I know many people who book multiple rooms trying to get the best rate. I personally know a man who had 5 different reservations for the same time frame. He ended up canceling all these rooms and getting a different hotel. Hopefully this will help people get the rooms that they want.

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

Originally posted by sandjhooker
I completely agree with WDW on this one. I really don't see the point in multiple bookings--make your initial reservation and then if you find a better deal, simply cancel the original one. It's a matter of planning and courtesy.

Its also a matter of common sense - if you've just booked identical dates at the same hotel, why would you keep the original booking at the dearer rates - unless of course you can't be bothered to inform Disney. Goood old Disney:sohappy:

Upvote 0

bearboysnc

I'm somewhat surprised it's taken them this long to develop such software.

But then Disney doesn't do ANYTHING that doesn't make them an immediate return. They finally realized that this will actually SAVE them money in the long run, by allowing them to increase their bookings.

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
Originally posted by CAPTAIN HOOK

Its also a matter of common sense - if you've just booked identical dates at the same hotel, why would you keep the original booking at the dearer rates - unless of course you can't be bothered to inform Disney. Goood old Disney:sohappy:

I can see why WDW wouldn't automatically cancel the more expensive reservation. Sometimes a person is booking multiple rooms for a group under the same name, and can't get all of them at the "cheaper" rate, so could legitimately have many reservations at the same hotel within the same time frame with different prices.

But I agree, it's a little rude to tie up rooms while you shop around....once you get the better deal, you should INSTANTLY cancel the earlier reservation if you have no intention of using it. I've never been able to reserve a room at B&Y when I've called; they're always full....or maybe not. ;)

Upvote 0

Worldphile

Originally posted by The Mom

But I agree, it's a little rude to tie up rooms while you shop around....once you get the better deal, you should INSTANTLY cancel the earlier reservation if you have no intention of using it. I've never been able to reserve a room at B&Y when I've called; they're always full....or maybe not. ;)

On top of rude, it is counterproductive. Hotel rooms are priced based on supply and demand. So, if people artificailly create a demand by tying up several rooms at once, Disney will think that they can charge more for the remaining rooms.

Upvote 0

rosie.ca

:confused:
i did that when i booked ...i made a booking but my cell phone disconnected i didn't hear back so i thought it didn't go thru it was also more expensive then i thought it should be
so i called back a couple days later and
instead of 9 nights i asked for 8 and it was 200 dollars cheaper and paid security deposit ,then i got 2 reservations in the mail and felt really embarassed...
so i canceled the more expensive one but then noticed that the one i was sticking with was at the wrong all stars....
so i had to call back ...then they sent me another reservation sheet but it was asking for a security deposit so i called back ...again. and it turns out the security deposit was paid
it just wasn't reflected on the letter.

ah well

btw i am going down this saturday...i have no idea where i am gonna stay that night but oh well.

:brick: :brick: :brick:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom