Disney Puns

Goofyernmost

Don't know if this is the right place, but what does "DH'' and "DW" stand for? I see it posted it a lot on here in trip reports and stuff
DH = Dear Husband DW = Dear Wife D(and everything else) = Dear (everything else). Always seemed foolish to me so I don't use it. I assume that people are dear to you, no need to tell me every time. Makes one sound insecure! :joyfull:

DfromATX

It's definitely on other forums, and has been since the early days of the UseNet. I remember Tri-spouse, Tri-family being used back in the 90's on a triathlon newsgroup. I think it is fun. I toggle between Tri-spouse and Disney Wife (DW) easily, based on the forum. Interesting that this forum uses many more initials than others I frequent. Nothing wrong with that, just an observation. I tailor my posts based on the forum, and try to use the same "lingo", so to speak.

I spend my time equally between here and a cruising website, not Disney. (I guess you could say I love to talk about vacations lol.) They also use those acronyms (DH, DW, etc.) Oh, I even saw it on a dog website when I was just doing some research. What's interesting to me is that the posters on both forums are exactly the same. The same arguing goes on, the same complaining, and the same loyal fans. Only a different product. It's kind of funny actually.

blueboxdoctor

DH = Dear Husband DW = Dear Wife D(and everything else) = Dear (everything else). Always seemed foolish to me so I don't use it. I assume that people are dear to you, no need to tell me every time. Makes one sound insecure! :joyfull:

I always thought it meant Disney instead of Dear (mainly because I have never seen it written on any other forums than on here). I've been on digital photography, car, movie, video game, television, sports, and other forums and they all just say wife or husband or whatever other family member they are talking about.

Goofyernmost

I always thought it meant Disney instead of Dear (mainly because I have never seen it written on any other forums than on here). I've been on digital photography, car, movie, video game, television, sports, and other forums and they all just say wife or husband or whatever other family member they are talking about.
It's probably interchangeable, but, either way it is unnecessary. I am a firm believer in using my words. Which explains why I use so many of them. Whatever one you want it to mean is fine, Dear or Disney really doesn't matter, but, I was told years ago that it meant Dear and, if I remember correctly it was on a Disney Discussion site when I asked the question. However, like I said, feel free to define it whatever way you are comfortable with. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom