Disney Puerto Rico

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Original Poster
yes yes... we all know how much I hate the Disney in a new place stories.. well it's my turn to post one.... (though much thanks to mikejakester for helping me find actual evidence in the form of links)

I've been reading through some newspapers and it appears that the PR government is trying to persuade Disney to establish a DCL port or a theme park there (Disneyseas perhaps... perfect location for it)... anyway, rather than tell the story, read it for yourself:

Cruceros de Disney quieren atracar en Puerto Rico (in spanish... so do a babelfish translation, or have someone read it to you

Ceiba Mayor Promotes Tourist Facilities In Roosevelt Roads (in english)

Televicentro Forums (PR TV Channel 4) (again, in spanish)

mkt

Premium Member
Original Poster
LMAO!! YEAH!!

I'm all for a 2000 mile expansion over the atlantic.. lol

Mikejakester

OOOH YEES!
This thing looks really promising... I think there is a big possibility this is going to be Disney's next BIG Project after the opening of the Honk Kong park in 2005.

A Disney Port "mini city". Maybe a Disney HOME Port. It's just a matter of time... I doubt a theme park tho... instead look for a supermega port mini city, with a disney village style, and maybe something like pleasure Island.

A Disney Cancun...

Lets see what happens...
Very Exiting:sohappy:

EDIT: LMAO
I just read Objr post... hahahahaha... my God... hahahahaha

kal1484

Originally posted by GaryT977
I hate sounding like an ignorant American, but how far is PR from Florida?

Guessing from MKT's statement...I'm guessing 2,000 miles.
(that's not sarcastic, but I can't make it non-sarcastic sounding)

Monorail Lime

Orlando to San Juan is around 1500 miles as the bird flies but if the monorail was built across the islands the longest stretch of water would be Florida to Cuba. We just have to convince Castro to lay beamway the length of his country and add bullet proof armor to the monorails for the Haiti and Dominican Republic segments.
:lookaroun

GaryT977

I guess I was thinking that PR and Cuba were close together for some reason. Don't all those Latino's come from the same place? ;)

(See Princess? You don't have a monopoly on obnoxiousness.)

mkt

Premium Member
Original Poster
Originally posted by Monorail Lime
Orlando to San Juan is around 1500 miles as the bird flies but if the monorail was built across the islands the longest stretch of water would be Florida to Cuba. We just have to convince Castro to lay beamway the length of his country and add bullet proof armor to the monorails for the Haiti and Dominican Republic segments.

VIVA DISNEY LIBRE!!!

:lol:

Shaman

Originally posted by GaryT977
That's 'cause you're in Miami... :animwink:

yup...the mixture of swamp and beach breezes causes a chemical imbalance in the brain causing people down here to be real annoying....not just in MIAMI though....I would say SOUTH FLA in general..... :animwink:

:lookaroun :rolleyes: :hammer:

On the PR subject...I was wondering...why hasn't Disney bought some land further down the FLA coast...the Cape up north doesn't see like a great place to start a cruise (eventhough for the land and sea packages they have, its good place)...but most cruises in FLA start off at MIAMI....just wondering......

GaryT977

Originally posted by objr
yup...the mixture of swamp and beach breezes causes a chemical imbalance in the brain causing people down here to be real annoying....not just in MIAMI though....I would say SOUTH FLA in general..... :animwink:

:lookaroun :rolleyes: :hammer:

On the PR subject...I was wondering...why hasn't Disney bought some land further down the FLA coast...the Cape up north doesn't see like a great place to start a cruise (eventhough for the land and sea packages they have, its good place)...but most cruises in FLA start off at MIAMI....just wondering......

Part one: total agreement!

Part two: According to the show on Travel Channel about the Disney cruise ships, their port of departure was chosen because of it's proximity to WDW.

Mission: SPACE

Well, Disney could be using the cruise line to see what guest's reactions to Puerto Rico are... On August 7, 2004, and August 21, 2004, the Disney Magic will make stops in San Juan as opposed to St. Maarten.

Disney could be using this to tie in its connection with the country... or maybe it's just a coincidence?!?

valmont

If remeber correctly the Disney Magic came to PR about a year ago (or maybe two years) twice. I think it was because of "bad weather" but maybe that could be just an excuse to see people reaction.

mkt

Premium Member
Original Poster
Originally posted by freaklarm
Yeeeeaaahh....:lookaroun Disney coming to PR:lol:

don't laugh... they've already announced that PR is being added as a stop for DCL...

mkt

Premium Member
Original Poster
Originally posted by Mission: SPACE
Well, Disney could be using the cruise line to see what guest's reactions to Puerto Rico are... On August 7, 2004, and August 21, 2004, the Disney Magic will make stops in San Juan as opposed to St. Maarten.

Disney could be using this to tie in its connection with the country... or maybe it's just a coincidence?!?

bingo... not to mention, it's also US soil. If they're adding a 10 night cruise as announced, a stop on US soil would be wise for restocking supplies and not get ripped off (well... not as bad as other islands)

off topic...

Valmont, tu eres Boricua... de cual parte?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom