Disney Puerto Rico

freaklarm

Originally posted by Mikejakester
the navy was taken out by a group of rebelius ppl,wich take up about 5% of the population of the island

I don't want to make a big out of this, but you like to play facts. And as you know, the fact is that the movement to ask the Navy to leav Viequez Island, was not a movement of just "the rebellious 5% population of the Island" It was a one in a lifetime union of most of the politics, religious, socials and working sector of the Island, that has its biggest demosntration on the "Peace for Viequez" march, in where hundreds of thousands of Puertorican gathered together in the biggest demostration in Puerto Rico history. This was an international movement that was based on Civil Disobedience in where thousands of people were arrested to defend the rights of these USA Citizens. Famous personalities of the USA Society where arrested in this pacific demostrations inlcuding: USA Representatives Luis Gutierrez and Nydia Velazques, Former Democratic Presidential Candidate Jesse Jackson, between others that are on the list, including Peace Novel Prices, actors, USA and PR politics personalities, etc. This was a movement of justice, not a movement of "rebellious" and deny this is deny the truth.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Original Poster
Originally posted by freaklarm
I don't want to make a big out of this, but you like to play facts. And as you know, the fact is that the movement to ask the Navy to leav Viequez Island, was not a movement of just "the rebellious 5% population of the Island" It was a one in a lifetime union of most of the politics, religious, socials and working sector of the Island, that has its biggest demosntration on the "Peace for Viequez" march, in where hundreds of thousands of Puertorican gathered together in the biggest demostration in Puerto Rico history. This was an international movement that was based on Civil Disobedience in where thousands of people were arrested to defend the rights of these USA Citizens. Famous personalities of the USA Society where arrested in this pacific demostrations inlcuding: USA Representatives Luis Gutierrez and Nydia Velazques, Former Democratic Presidential Candidate Jesse Jackson, between others that are on the list, including Peace Novel Prices, actors, USA and PR politics personalities, etc. This was a movement of justice, not a movement of "rebellious" and deny this is deny the truth.

I think we was referring to the PIP, which represents just barely 5% of the population... personally, I tend to align myself with the PNP

freaklarm

But the thing is that they are not the only ne responsible for departure of the Navy. We have to remember that it was a PNP Governor who signed an agreement with President Clinton to give the Navy a definitive departure date from the Island. For those of you who doesn't know, PNP is the political party that is looking for PR to become a State, PIP is the political party that want PR to be an Independent Nation, and PPD is the one that want PR to stay the way it is rigth know. PPD is the current administration in the Island, PNP was the administration when the agreement was reached, once again I proved that it was an all sectors movement, not just the 5%. And another thing is that not because you're part of the PIP you are a rebellious, that is very offensive for me, because I follow many of the ideals of this party and I'm not a rebellious. I work for Disney, like the American culture, and love the way of living, but also think that PR should have the right to be an Idependent Nation if we chose to.

mkt

Premium Member
Original Poster
But the thing is that they are not the only ne responsible for departure of the Navy. We have to remember that it was a PNP Governor who signed an agreement with President Clinton to give the Navy a definitive departure date from the Island. For those of you who doesn't know, PNP is the political party that is looking for PR to become a State, PIP is the political party that want PR to be an Independent Nation, and PPD is the one that want PR to stay the way it is rigth know. PPD is the current administration in the Island, PNP was the administration when the agreement was reached, once again I proved that it was an all sectors movement, not just the 5%. And another thing is that not because you're part of the PIP you are a rebellious, that is very offensive for me, because I follow many of the ideals of this party and I'm not a rebellious. I work for Disney, like the American culture, and love the way of living, but also think that PR should have the right to be an Idependent Nation if we chose to.

if it is voted upon, sure.. I'm all for it. But the mass migration of PR citizens to the US mainland, and the even higher poverty will surely be detractors to that...

freaklarm

We can't speculate on what is going to happen to if PR becomes Independent because it hasn'e happened yet, so for you to say that is to go ahead in time. But I respect you're opinion, anyway if that happen, well at least it was our choice, an not an imposition of a status, like we're having know and for the past 105 years.

mkt

Premium Member
Original Poster
We can't speculate on what is going to happen to if PR becomes Independent because it hasn'e happened yet, so for you to say that is to go ahead in time. But I respect you're opinion, anyway if that happen, well at least it was our choice, an not an imposition of a status, like we're having know and for the past 105 years.

very true... the US has a mixed record when it comes to its territories/posessions.... they definitely did a good job on western europe and japan after WWII, and s. korea after the Korean war... they didn't do such a good job in the Phillipines though. Given my own personal experience, and the National Geographic article, I think independence will never come... statehood seems more likely

Mikejakester

You absolutly right... I loved the way you wrote it down... Very cool... But i guess what I ment to say, it's the 5 % of the population that made us look like saveges on the last days of the base in vieques island...

I mean, there was an agrement, the governor singed a statement that the Navy was to get out of the vieques island by 2003... It was all planed out... What I don't understand is, why did they have to storm out the base and tear everything apart like animals?? To make things worse thats the only thing that gets out into the media, CNN, FOX, NBC. And what I was trying to say is that 5% of the pop. gives us a bad impression in places where people know very little of us. I think thats were I was shooting for in the statement....

There is a time, place and a way to do everything... But there is a group of ppl here in PR, that does not know how to behave...Those are the 5% "rebelious" ppl Im talking about... What they did was unacceptable. And Im ashamed...The proudness sometimes goes over their heads..

Sorry if I offended anyone...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom