disney podcasts?

dazzer68

Original Poster
hi all,
which are the best podcasts for wdw? or disney general?
i listen to inside the magic (which is great), but are there any others worth listening too?
do disney do one?

DolFan

Inside the Magic is great

Window to the Magic - more of a sound experience podcast, mostly out of Disneyland, but recently it has had mousefest audio. Also, Ricky from Inside the Magic does some special "where in the park" games from WDW

Mousetunes you already mentioned

Meandering Mouse - a Disneyland and WDW podcast, with audio recorded inside the parks with the Meandering Mouses's point of view.

Trapped on Vacation - the Meandering Mouse used to be park of this podcast. ToV is recordings from around Orlando, mostly WDW but from other attractions around the state Florida.

I am a weekly listener to all of these podcasts.

Yoop33

Can someone please explain what a Podcast is to me? I have no idea but keep hearing about them and if I don't figure out what they are soon I am going to POP!!!

Mufasa's Pride

Can someone please explain what a Podcast is to me? I have no idea but keep hearing about them and if I don't figure out what they are soon I am going to POP!!!
A podcast is a radio talk show that you can listen to on your mp3 player or on the internet.

Besides the ones listed, some of my favorites are Mouse Guest Weekly, Zippty-Do-Pod and The Mickey Room.

jedimaster1227

A podcast is an audio-talk show that is more personalized than a generic radio show. A podcast can basically be about anything or everything, as it is up to the creator as to what he or she will discuss.

Personally, I prefer watching video podcasts (also known as Vodcasts) as you can get more out of the episode than just audio.

Also, there are the enhanced podcasts that while they take up much more space allow for expanded usage, like chapter selection (even for audio) and bookmarking specific locations in a clip.

dazzer68

Original Poster
thanks all! i dont have an ipod video(yet) so cant do the vidoe broadcasts, but will try the others thanks!

imagineer99

thanks all! i dont have an ipod video(yet) so cant do the vidoe broadcasts, but will try the others thanks!

Uh...actually you can. Podcasting is a misleading term as they technically have nothing to do with iPods. You can still download the video episodes and just watch them on your computer.

The only reason they became popular with iPods is because these were the first mainstream style hardware portable entertainment devices. Heck, if you've got a zune (all two of you), you can watch/listen to podcasts on there as well.

As for Disney Podcasts, I gotta give a shout out to Inside the Magic with Ricky Brigante www.distantcreations.com/insidethemagic

dxwwf3

I subscribe to about 30 Disney podcasts, but luckily not all of them put out weekly shows and a few of those 30 are on hiatus right now. But some of the best shows have been mentioned here. The best thing to do is go on iTunes and just search for Disney in the podcast directory and you'll find a ton of shows to choose from. I also should suggest the Inside the DPN podcast that introduces you to the Disney Podcast Network shows that are some of the best.

DisneyMusician2

My favorite one is WDW Today. I think they have the most fun, and you can really get a smile and also learn some great information about Disney

Yoop33

This might be stupid but let me get this straight.... You go to their web page and just download the podcast and then transfer it to you mp3 player and then listen to it when ever? hmmm

Matterbuggy

This might be stupid but let me get this straight.... You go to their web page and just download the podcast and then transfer it to you mp3 player and then listen to it when ever? hmmm

Yup, exactly!

If you have iTunes, you can browse their huge podcast directory too.

Also, some news on MouseTunes if anyone hasn't heard:

"FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
MouseTunes Disney Podcast Retires From Babbling

Delray Beach, FL, February 2007 - As of today February 4th, 2006 the Award winning MouseTunes Disney Podcast has retired from its year and half run of babbling.

As posted on the MouseTunes.com website "After more than 60 shows, dozens of interviews and tons of laughs, Lou and Nathan have decided to end the show at this point in order to pursue other opportunities. They want to thank all of you for all of your support, and hope you follow them along to their other projects."
"It is with a very heavy heart that I close this chapter of my life. MouseTunes has given me the ability to reach out to so many other Disney fans, and share my joy and feelings on the magic with you." said MouseTunes co-host Nathan Rose as he addressed the listeners of the show. "Please know that Lou and I did not come to this decision lightly and a big factor was you, our dear PodPeople. However, in the end, we decided it was best to move on so that we can pursue other projects that will hopefully bring you as much happiness and joy as The MouseTunes Disney Podcast did."

Reaction to the cancelation of the show was sadness mixed with hope of a new future from the men who were pioneers in Disney Podcasting. One such listener was quoted as saying "I am very saddened by this news and wish both Nathan and Lou the best.... I'm sure that we will see great things from both of them in the future!"

Podcasting and other project will still continue on for both parties as Nathan Rose will continue with a Magical Definition Podcast and a DVD set featuring an inside look at Disney legends and imaginer. Meanwhile Lou Mongello will start a new podcast called WDWRadio."

Source: http://www.magicalmountain.net/______________Detail.asp?NewsID=1433

Sad, since I just got iTunes and started listening to podcasts! I'll have to try some new ones out.

imagineer99

Yup. Or, you could just subscribe via iTunes. This is really easy because it automatically downloads a new episode when it is released.

Captain Chaos

Yes, sadly, MouseTunes is ending.... Lou mentioned he is doing another podcast called WDW Radio. Nathan is going to be involved in other projects as well...

Personally, I listen to Inside the Magic, Mouse Guest Weekly, Mouse Tunes, WDW Today, MouseStation (pretty good one), Windows to the Magic..... and Beyond Main Street.....

dxwwf3

Yep to those new to podcasting, you just missed out on a great one. MouseTunes was one of the best podcasts around. But luckily both guys aren't going away for good. Still a very sad day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom