News Disney plans to include a black Santa Claus at Walt Disney World this year as the company continues its diversity and inclusion program

Cliff

Santa is just a fictional character. Me?...I have no real attachment to any feature he has.

Disney could change his suit color to blue and yellow. Disney could change his flying reindeer into flying grizzly bears or dolphins. Disney could change him from an old white bearded man into a young asian woman... or even into an evil green-skinned alien from Mars.

I dont care how Disney rearranges Santa Clause. I can still successfully identify with him/her/it/other...no matter how much they change Santa's story.

Thats how open minded I am....and this also demonstrates just how good a person I truly am.

Its time that Disney begin to include "Crampus" into their Holiday celebrations too. I feel that "Crampus" has been wrongfully misrepresented by the media lately too.

Last edited:

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Santa is just a fictional character. Me?...I have no real attachment to any feature he has.

Disney could change his suit color to blue and yellow. Disney could change his flying reindeer into flying grizzly bears. Disney could change him from an old white bearded man into a young asian woman... or even into an evil green skinned alien from Mars.

I dont care how Disney rearranges Santa Clause. I can still identify with him/her/it/other...no matter how they change his story.

Thats how open minded I am....
Exactly! My Santa sports devil horns and travels house to house using his giant bat wings. Smells of licorice and his beard is hot pink.

Lilofan

All this talk on a Black Santa at WDW, makes me curious to visit Santa Claus, Indiana in the winter complete with that town's version of Osborne Family Lights complete with Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer .

ToTBellHop

Those pics came out and last night, 12 children stopped believing.

Coincidence?

Also, Santa regrets to inform that last year the elves couldn’t make any PS5s and…they still can’t. They are all stuck on a ship floating 400 miles away from the North Pole. If only the King in the North could help expedite delivery of goods…

castlecake2.0

31B705A5-EA23-4B9B-BD6A-6968E4F3C5FE.png

GimpYancIent

Back to the rumor of Disney wanting to change its own long running depiction of Santa (U.S.A.) version. Q. Since soooo many different depictions of Santa's / Gift givers exist internationally why not add international versions to the U.S. version rather than want to change the U.S. version? Can Disney save Santa?
1636724572154.png

castlecake2.0

Back to the rumor of Disney wanting to change its own long running depiction of Santa (U.S.A.) version. Q. Since soooo many different depictions of Santa's / Gift givers exist internationally why not add international versions to the U.S. version rather than want to change the U.S. version? Can Disney save Santa?
View attachment 600195
Because that is outdated. What colors would they be? Going back to my example, who is more Norwegian? This is just an excuse people try to use that are too afraid to accept change for the good.

who would you pick to be “international” Norwegian Santa?
EFF52E30-23EB-4713-9437-4363E7BC707D.jpeg
8137D977-00B9-4F00-A878-4AAF8BB93538.jpeg

correcaminos

View attachment 600195
That's not an issue, except what you see as your Santa is not what all Americans grew up when visiting. Sure they see the white old round bellied guy, but when seeing Santa in person, you get far more variety. A black Santa is exactly what some grew up seeing in person. So for some it's a change, and for others it's their norm. IMO a Black Santa isn't changing what some grew up with.

The Mom

Premium Member
This thread took such a fascinating and welcome turn! I'm learning so much reading through these last few pages.

Edit: Well, never mind. All the interesting conversation I was referring to seems to have disappeared.
You are correct that although very interesting, it was delving into a religious discussion. This thread has enough drama already without adding even more.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom