Disney plans to build a massive dynamic art installation on International Drive

TrojanUSC

Aaaaah....1971. When Casting hired people who took pride in their personal appearance.

As somebody who lived through it, it was a much better time.

Well people still take pride in their appearance, it's just not the 1971 cookie cutter appearance you remember.

That said, casting had no choice but to change the Disney Look substantially as gender norms shifted. Unfortunately, they also took that opportunity to allow visible tattoos and other unrelated things simply because they couldn't find enough qualified people. Disney used to offer a competitive hourly wage that attracted the best local talent. Now they offer the same or below-average, in an area where they've exhausted the local labor pool, which means you simply can't be too picky.

Tom Morrow

I HATE this thing. Just the giant LED screen would have been bad enough, but instead they covered the entire building in LED lights. This is why I'm not completely in love with the lights on Spaceship Earth... it equates it with stuff like this.

Not to mention, they clearly intentionally made it face Universal. It's literally just Disney throwing their weight around and nothing more.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Well people still take pride in their appearance, it's just not the 1971 cookie cutter appearance you remember.

That said, casting had no choice but to change the Disney Look substantially as gender norms shifted. Unfortunately, they also took that opportunity to allow visible tattoos and other unrelated things simply because they couldn't find enough qualified people. Disney used to offer a competitive hourly wage that attracted the best local talent. Now they offer the same or below-average, in an area where they've exhausted the local labor pool, which means you simply can't be too picky.
What you’re trying to say is: it’s an underpaid meat market and they couldn’t flood any more CPs in and still keep the teacups open 👍🏻

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I HATE this thing. Just the giant LED screen would have been bad enough, but instead they covered the entire building in LED lights. This is why I'm not completely in love with the lights on Spaceship Earth... it equates it with stuff like this.

Not to mention, they clearly intentionally made it face Universal. It's literally just Disney throwing their weight around and nothing more.
The last part makes it look incredibly lame/desperate - actually. Animated dumbo is a “threat” to Uni? The place that by 2025 will have constructed the 3 newest parks in central florida?
Big bad Bob.

techgeek

The last part makes it look incredibly lame/desperate - actually. Animated dumbo is a “threat” to Uni? The place that by 2025 will have constructed the 3 newest parks in central florida?
Big bad Bob.

I can imagine that Disney thought they’d be bringing some magical gentrification to this corner of central Florida. In reality it only has served to lower themselves to the level of I-Drive.

JoeCamel

To be fair Universal did construct the top of the volcano to look like a middle finger salute at Disney World.

The billboard is garbage and should never have been approved

CntrlFlPete

went to see the dynamic art activation -- some dang billboard got in the way

😵‍💫

billboard.jpg

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!

Here's a photo of Universal testing out their next fireworks show... rumor has it it'll be pointed south-southeast.
1658923814665.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom