News Disney plans to accelerate Parks investment to $60 billion over 10 years

JD80

I posted this in the other thread by accident. But with WDI being gutted and the move to FL being aborted they have a 2 year period to ramp up hiring and planning let alone spending significant money on projects.

Timeline makes sense.

Disstevefan1

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
So in reality, they 'aint doin' squat.'
Because’s bobs “legacy” program from 2015-2021…was IT.

He doesn’t like parks and doesn’t understand how to run them for longterm.

There was never gonna be a “Counter” to EU or “phase 2” for anything.

And…let’s not BS…he’s saving “announcements” to try and save himself if things get worse as a tactic. And that means more old tricks…announce, delay, reduce, decay

Lilofan

Disstevefan1

So in reality, they 'aint doin' squat.'
THIS.gif

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
How exactly would people propose that spending be front loaded? By making already high design costs even higher?

…there are dozens of people here who usually are very supportive/pro-Disney on most things that are completely seeing through/calling out this nonsense today…

…and then there are others (one or two people) who are gripping their blue id card and wasting time defending

Last edited:

Epcot82Guy

How exactly would people propose that spending be front loaded? By making already high design costs even higher?

That's a fair question. I think the actual point is that they don't truly intend to spend this unless we see economic rebound. I would argue this is a way to attempt to lure analysts, address Universal questions and yet leave a MASSIVE open door to saying "economic realities have changed" in the coming few years and slash that actual spend. It's not that it is misapplied - it's that the number was manufactured from the beginning.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
That's a fair question. I think the actual point is that they don't truly intend to spend this unless we see economic rebound. I would argue this is a way to attempt to lure analysts, address Universal questions and yet leave a MASSIVE open door to saying "economic realities have changed" in the coming few years and slash that actual spend. It's not that it is misapplied - it's that the number was manufactured from the beginning.

The problem is “economic rebound” is only needed by Disney
Comcast and time Warner are up 17 and 22% respectively this year

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom