News Disney plans to accelerate Parks investment to $60 billion over 10 years

Disstevefan1

Disney has already spent $33 Billion on just advertisement of blue sky projects!!
Trophy.png

capsshield

I think that Disney will spend this money and as the decade goes by they will spend even more to cover inflation costs.
Investing in the parks makes them more valuable. By investing 60 billion they increase their assets, and increase profits or keep making a profit. This announcement will sell a lot of dvcs.
This is how I see them distributing the funds.

Disney forward will get at least 15 billion.
Cruise lines will get at least 5 billion
My Disney will get at least 3
Consumer products will get 2
Additional Dvcs will get 5
Europe will get 5
China will get 8
Wdw will get 22
10 to magic Kingdom
And 4 to each of the Other parks
I believe they will start allocating funds in October and within 9 months to a year have shovels in the ground in a lot of places.
Not everything will get a commitment over the next year, but within 3 years they will have committed 2 thirds of those funds, in five it will all be spent or budgeted.
If they get the go ahead for Disneyland forward they can build two or 3 of several attractions and share start up costs among the parks.

When they say immersive storytelling what they are really saying is that they will add themed restaurants, stores, and photo meet and greets to the attractions. With lightning lane passes every new attraction pays for itself and more within a couple of years.

Even old tired attractions when refurbished will add to the experience.
But that's the way it should be, never finished.

KingMickey13

One would hope the D23 2024 presentation would include a FORMAL announcement for DAK (i.e. This is what we are building and it opens in x year) with more concrete blue sky for MK that will nonetheless be completely changed in 2025 and 2026 before they actually start building.
If you had to guess, when would you place the opening of the Dinoland replacement?

TheMaxRebo

Maybe not detailed for all of it. But you are talking anywhere from a 25%-100% increase in what they had previously done the last 10 years. This is a company that takes an astronomical amount of time to complete projects already. I'm not sure you can afford to shut down multiple rides/areas at multiple parks all at the same time. It does seem strange to announce very little ready to start building at the parks, then a month later announce you are doubling park investments.

Totally different audiences

This wasn't about exciting fans it was about trying to get investors/analyst to change how they look at the company, how they evaluate the future income potential ... telling them to look at the margins from the parks not media/streaming and saying they are pivoting to reinventing in the areas proven to deliver returns

Tha Realest

This wasn't about exciting fans it was about trying to get investors/analyst to change how they look at the company, how they evaluate the future income potential ... telling them to look at the margins from the parks not media/streaming and saying they are pivoting to reinventing in the areas proven to deliver returns
Doesn’t seem to have worked?

1695684562948.png

LSLS

Yeah, it is, but I still think if I was an investor I'd like to know at least some things that this pivot is going towards. I mean, we here have 2 dozen pages talking about new lands, new parks, how much to domestic, etc. I think if it's a complete pivot, I'd at least like to know the first moves at announcement (and again, knowing it takes a year and a half to add an animatronic to a ride), especially with the backlash some announcements have received.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
@HauntedPirate's post was one of the most terrifying things that I have ever read.

Particularly the idea of Iger being CEO for life.
Why do you think Bob came back? It wasn’t for the company’s greater good. Announcements like “we’re going to spend $60 billion in the next 10 years on the parks” doesn’t come from someone who plans to retire anytime soon. I mean, it could, but does anyone think Bob’s going to walk away with his legacy further tarnished?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Yeah, it is, but I still think if I was an investor I'd like to know at least some things that this pivot is going towards. I mean, we here have 2 dozen pages talking about new lands, new parks, how much to domestic, etc. I think if it's a complete pivot, I'd at least like to know the first moves at announcement (and again, knowing it takes a year and a half to add an animatronic to a ride), especially with the backlash some announcements have received.
Don’t worry! Just trust that the cardigan-wearing weasel will fix all the problems he created. 😉

ToTBellHop

It’s about resetting investor expectations and focus… not achieving immediate results
Also, it’s meant to reassure investors that the management (following much turmoil) has a vision to move the company forward. While this may ease concerns over the parks segment, I suspect investors also need to hear more about the cable networks and actually making films that, you know, make money. I imagine Iger is capable of dealing with all that given some time. I would imagine that’s why he was suddenly interested in satisfying the writer’s guild. A few months off likely generated savings to the company but now he needs new projects in the works that can make money in 2024 and beyond.

LSLS

Also, it’s meant to reassure investors that the management (following much turmoil) has a vision to move the company forward. While this may ease concerns over the parks segment, I suspect investors also need to hear more about the cable networks and actually making films that, you know, make money. I imagine Iger is capable of dealing with all that given some time. I would imagine that’s why he was suddenly interested in satisfying the writer’s guild. A few months off likely generated savings to the company but now he needs new projects in the works that can make money in 2024 and beyond.

I'm just not sure saying "We are going to spend a ton of money on the parks and really lean into this money making venture" reassures investors without laying out what that means. I'm just trying to envision someone coming to me and asking to loan $3k to really upgrade their local store so that it will turn around and make us both tons of money without them mentioning any sort of road map or even stating what the first step will be.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom