Disney plans hiring freeze, some jobs cut......

Tha Realest

Wait…are we allowed to say that out loud yet?

…I must have missed that memo underneath the new cover sheets on the TPS reports? 🤔
Wide open availability as far as the calendar permits us to see, and, if you believe some reports, far below full “sailings” which has resulted in just one dining experience a night and reduced hours for CMs.

If they can’t sell this while other upcharge experiences like after hours parties and the like are selling out, how in the world is this going to be a profitable undertaking when those things soften?

Newtwo

Chapek is terrible but poppa Iger did not do him any favors by putting Disney so deeply in debt before he left. Disney's debts are absolutely insane.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Wide open availability as far as the calendar permits us to see, and, if you believe some reports, far below full “sailings” which has resulted in just one dining experience a night and reduced hours for CMs.

If they can’t sell this while other upcharge experiences like after hours parties and the like are selling out, how in the world is this going to be a profitable undertaking when those things soften?
If they can’t sell it in the current environment when people are spending like sailors on shore leave?

It’s sunk.

1668268667544.jpeg

Disstevefan1

Hiring freeze and “small staff reductions”.
Are the reductions and freeze limited to the Disney+ folks and what is “small” for a company as large as TWDC?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Let’s not forget the forced attrition of Imagineering with the Lake Nona “move.”

WDI’s already been decimated and no help is on the way. Should put rumors to rest that they’re conjuring up something big to take on Epic Universe.
By design…they’re not gonna build anything…at least not domestically

“Come, little children…follow me into the forest…”

TheMaxRebo

I'm just asking myself what Fox properties Disney is heavily leaning into. I guess avatar 2 is coming out soon. It seems like a lot of Investment since has gone to Marvel, Star Wars, and existing disney properties anyway. They didn't need Fox for that. It sure seems like they could have just outexpanded Fox and crushed their share prices to buy them for cheaper eventually and come out ahead. They weren't even allowed to actually buy all of Fox.

Also that money could have been used towards a 5th park in Orlando. Universal is happy to accept the guests that Disney is turning away by expanding themselves. Disney is addicted to raising prices and would shed market share to keep doing so. It's not sustainable especially given a recession.

Some of the FOX stuff compliments what they already had - like now using Mutants in the MCU. Also they have used/pushed Ice Age on D+ some .... But yeah, doesn't seem like great return on that huge price tag

TheMaxRebo

You say that, but I suspect they’ll find a way regardless.

I am sure they will find some cuts to the parks - this certainly won't improve the parks (going to be less $ for maintenance and the like not more) ... But I do think it is the movies/TV/streaming and corporate roles that will be hit more than the parks

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Some of the FOX stuff compliments what they already had - like now using Mutants in the MCU. Also they have used/pushed Ice Age on D+ some .... But yeah, doesn't seem like great return on that huge price tag
The main get in that entire deal is xmen and FF for MCU…and avatar but I don’t know what the Cameron partnership deal is?

That’s really it…the rest is unspectacular at best

donsullivan

Premium Member
With more than 70k people working at WDW, 60 current front line job openings certainly isn't a hiring spree but more like a cutback. In fact, don't they lose more than that thru attrition?
Keep in mind that they do not advertise every single opening they have on a regular basis. They have so many people coming through casting looking for jobs and just applying on their own, they cover most of the open slots without advertising. The stuff you see advertised are roles the general pipeline is not filling either because of skill gaps or a surge in demand for a specific role.

Laketravis

Original Poster
Keep in mind that they do not advertise every single opening they have on a regular basis. They have so many people coming through casting looking for jobs and just applying on their own, they cover most of the open slots without advertising. The stuff you see advertised are roles the general pipeline is not filling either because of skill gaps or a surge in demand for a specific role.

OP wasn't clear whether those openings were advertised or not.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom