Disney Photos Lost

disneycouple07

Original Poster
I had all of our past Disney vacation photographs saved on my HP laptop computer. I did not have my files backed up and my hard drive failed. I brought my computer to a local technician to install a new hard drive and see if he could save my files. He was able to see them on my old desktop but when he tried to copy them over to an external hard drive, the screen would freeze. It makes me sick to my stomach to know I lost all of our Disney pictures :(. A co-worker was telling me about disk recovery services. I know it is very expensive but can anyone recommend a recovery company or have any advice besides backing up all my future files!

kashmir

I had all of our past Disney vacation photographs saved on my HP laptop computer. I did not have my files backed up and my hard drive failed. I brought my computer to a local technician to install a new hard drive and see if he could save my files. He was able to see them on my old desktop but when he tried to copy them over to an external hard drive, the screen would freeze. It makes me sick to my stomach to know I lost all of our Disney pictures :(. A co-worker was telling me about disk recovery services. I know it is very expensive but can anyone recommend a recovery company or have any advice besides backing up all my future files!
You might try calling a college tech. department or even a public school tech dept. for recommendations.

GoofyDadKB

Missing my mind...
Premium Member
I can most likely get your files off the old drive for you and for a lot less than those recovery services. If you want me to give it a try, let me know. You can reach me at kblais71 @ gmail.com.

PhotoDave219

As long as the drive is physically intact, a recovery service company can get them back. It will cost you some money, but its possible. Granted that is a last resort.

The only trick I know is to put the drive in the freezer (in a plastic bag of course) and get it very cold overnight. Reinstall into a computer and copy the data off. YMMV.

disneycouple07

Original Poster
As long as the drive is physically intact, a recovery service company can get them back. It will cost you some money, but its possible. Granted that is a last resort.

The only trick I know is to put the drive in the freezer (in a plastic bag of course) and get it very cold overnight. Reinstall into a computer and copy the data off. YMMV.

I'm going to send it off and see what they say. They did give me an estimate depending on what needs to be done...$400-$2300. Thanks for your help.

disneycouple07

Original Poster
Before sending it off to data recovery, I tried a local computer repair company that a co-worker suggested. $150 later, my pictures, files, etc have been successfully recovered! I am soooo happy :D

smp2k6

You'd be surprised how often this works. I've done it at least three times in the past. In all cases, we were able to recover files from a drive that was failing. It's definitely worth trying.

ddbowdoin

the original harddrive...

550283_23.jpg

disneycouple07

Original Poster
You'd be surprised how often this works. I've done it at least three times in the past. In all cases, we were able to recover files from a drive that was failing. It's definitely worth trying.

I don't know what all the tech did but she used some kind of recovery software.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom