Disney Parks Overseas

DisneyMusician2

Original Poster
Has anyone actually visited the parks overseas? I get lots of mixed reviews, and don't book much of them in my business. I'm especially interested in the Hong Kong and Tokyo parks. Does anyone know if they are doing well?

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Hong Kong is disappointing if you've been to ANY other Disney park (Even Paris). Tokyo is amazing if you've been to any other Disney park (Even Disneyland California)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
TDL is owned by the Oriental Land Company; they pay TWDC a fee for a license. They also pay WDI to design their attractions. In a nutshell, EPCOT Center was draining so much money from Disney they were scared to pay to build another park in the early 80`s. The OLC had a reclaimed plot of land on Tokyo bay and wanted to use it for ammusment. They approached Disney, Disney offered a lisence if they paid for it, and the rest is history. The OLC have quite a bit of money to spend, so TDL gets attractions like their Pooh, Splash Mountain, JTTCOTE etc. In a nutshell.

Having said that, I`ve stayed at DLP twice and although more comparable to DLC as a contained resort than WDW, like for like it blows the Magic Kingdom away.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Having said that, I`ve stayed at DLP twice and although more comparable to DLC as a contained resort than WDW, like for like it blows the Magic Kingdom away.

I'm with you on that! DLP gets a lot of negative press, until you go and see it for yourself. The detail there is second to non.

Riverone

My wife and I visited Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo Disney Sea in 2002. We had an absolute ball. After having visited the Magic Kingdom and Disneyland many times, I anticipated that we would spend the vast majority of our time at Tokyo Disney Sea since Tokyo Disneyland was reported to be so similar to the Magic Kingdom. I was very wrong. Both parks are great fun.
Tokyo Disney Sea has wonderful attractions like 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea (very different from the former Magic Kingdom attraction), Seven Voyages of Sinbad, Storm Rider, Journey to the Center of the Earth, and Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Crystal Skull (a fun twist on the Disneyland attraction). I should up load our photos. Just great, immersive environments, and friendly and attentive Cast Members.
Our hotel (Hilton Tokyo Bay) had large rooms with four full size beds and views of either Tokyo Bay or the parks.
We had a great time, and are looking forward to going back.
Riverone

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom