Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade taping dates set for early December

Kman101

Any idea why they changed it. To 'include everyone'? I'd presume? I'm surprise they'd care, TBH. Do they often get a lot of complaints about people who want to attend or be a part of it that can't be? Or are the tickets just too much of a hassle? I've always been tempted just because I'd like to see the process even though I know all the negatives about it. I doubt I'll bother because of crowds but was just wondering.

Bolt

Any idea why they changed it. To 'include everyone'? I'd presume? I'm surprise they'd care, TBH. Do they often get a lot of complaints about people who want to attend or be a part of it that can't be? Or are the tickets just too much of a hassle? I've always been tempted just because I'd like to see the process even though I know all the negatives about it. I doubt I'll bother because of crowds but was just wondering.
It's a gift for cast and they realized there's enough cast who want to participate to reach the need.

Additionally, there was no guarantee that the guests wouldn't just leave the parade taping to play.

wdwfan22

The Magic Kingdom also seems to feel busier after the parade taping has concluded around 5 pm and remains that way until after the fireworks.

Bolt

Honestly, if you can handle making it through a busy Main Street, the park is pretty dead. I look at is a unique offering because they still offer nighttime fireworks and parade and you get to see some fun entertainment offering during the day.

YankeeMouse

If no ticket is required, that would mean 9 a.m. arrival and the parade taping is usually waaaaay underway by then, like by 7 a.m. with the special ticket in previous years. How will they handle the timing?

etwtec

I went back in 2007, forgot which taping day it was, and after taping they ran the full parade around 5pm ish? Do they always do this and which day?

dgp602

The Magic Kingdom also seems to feel busier after the parade taping has concluded around 5 pm and remains that way until after the fireworks.
I will be there on the sixth. I had not planned to be there for the taping, but stuff happens. I have dinner reservations at Tony's at 6, and I think I saw that the park closes at 7??? I was planning on getting a late start so the kids could hang by the pool. Any recommendations as to what to do now??

dgp602

Also, does anyone know what acts/stars we might see on Dec 6th? I have twin 8 yr olds who will be blown away by all of this...

YankeeMouse

Friday is stage and Saturday is Main St. Parade. If they let us in at regular time, i.e., 9 a.m. what time will cast members be let in? Earlier than that I assume?

TTA94

I forgot about previous years but does the parade taping day "Saturday" usually reach capacity at any part of the day? No doubt it will be busy since not only is it the taping but its also on a Saturday lol.

prberk

I have said this before, I know. But I really, really, really wish that they would go back to broadcasting the parade live, like they did up until about 1996. It was much more kinetic and fun on TV, much more like the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade -- and much less like an infomercial for "Disney Parks."

It was actually called The Walt Disney World Very Merry Christmas Parade (and sometimes, The Walt Disney World Christmas Day Parade). It did not try to pretend that Disneyland did not have a 3-hour time delay. It was actually live, and looked like it. I remember Sandi Patti being in the parade, as she was the Candlelight Processional host that week at EPCOT.

Today's "parade" is not a parade at all, but a huge, plastic infomercial for generic "Disney Parks" and The So-Called Disney Channel. My brothers, both of whom are musicians and music teachers, used to look forward to it, but now skip it completely as a generic mess.

tl77

I have said this before, I know. But I really, really, really wish that they would go back to broadcasting the parade live, like they did up until about 1996. It was much more kinetic and fun on TV, much more like the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade -- and much less like an infomercial for "Disney Parks."

It was actually called The Walt Disney World Very Merry Christmas Parade (and sometimes, The Walt Disney World Christmas Day Parade). It did not try to pretend that Disneyland did not have a 3-hour time delay. It was actually live, and looked like it. I remember Sandi Patti being in the parade, as she was the Candlelight Processional host that week at EPCOT.

Today's "parade" is not a parade at all, but a huge, plastic infomercial for generic "Disney Parks" and The So-Called Disney Channel. My brothers, both of whom are musicians and music teachers, used to look forward to it, but now skip it completely as a generic mess.

I agree 100%, back when they did a some of it live it at least felt like they were making some attempt at presenting it as a special event. The last few years though it seemed like nothing more than a 2-hour infomercial on Christmas morning, and some of the video segments of cruise lines and DVCs is the same kind of stuff they send out in their promotional DVDs

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Confused.

Do you need a ticket to be admitted to the taping prior to 9 AM? Because the taping begins well before 9 AM. They usually start just after sunrise.

Clever Name

How crowded is it normally for these? I've heard it can be tedious since they shoot and reshoot a lot, but I'd still be interested in driving over for the day.

Is it worth it?
I think it's worth it. Being an attractive person, the video cameras tend to spend a lot of time on me. :joyfull:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom