Disney Parks Christmas Day Parade taping dates set for early December

Wiicked

CM with tickets have to be at the MK on both days at 7:30 am. So that's one hour and a half hour prior park opening on Friday (9am) and only half hour before park opening on Saturday (8am)

An this is the ticket my CM friend got me for the Friday taping
image.jpg

harryk

Tragic that they cancel the 'Flag Retreat Ceremony' on Friday and Saturday so as to film a parade.
Where are their patriotic priorities? This is one the last places where I expected to see our flag disrespected, especially for a parade filming. Walt would not have permitted this to happen.:(

NearTheEars

Tragic that they cancel the 'Flag Retreat Ceremony' on Friday and Saturday so as to film a parade.
Where are their patriotic priorities? This is one the last places where I expected to see our flag disrespected, especially for a parade filming. Walt would not have permitted this to happen.:(

Are they just not putting up the flag at all? Or leaving it up all night? How is it being disrespected by canceling a ceremony?

harryk

They do not leave the flag up all night. They have always taken it down with a formal retreat ceremony.
To do away with the Ceremony (for a parade) is disrespecting the flag.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
They do not leave the flag up all night. They have always taken it down with a formal retreat ceremony.
To do away with the Ceremony (for a parade) is disrespecting the flag.
Security will still be doing the retreat after hours.

Bolt

Relax - security still comes out and does a flag retreat, they just dont do the show. The pole is in front of Guest Relations, it has two homes for things like this. Happens every year. Don't pull the Walt card on this.

TTA94

I went back in 2007, forgot which taping day it was, and after taping they ran the full parade around 5pm ish? Do they always do this and which day?

I remember that as well and it was at 5pm. The schedule currently says CADCT at 5pm... but Im guessing it will really be OUACT.

Bolt

CM with tickets have to be at the MK on both days at 7:30 am. So that's one hour and a half hour prior park opening on Friday (9am) and only half hour before park opening on Saturday (8am)

An this is the ticket my CM friend got me for the Friday taping View attachment 40368
I saw different ticket for 12:30pm, they come in waves all day long so they can have a steady crowd.

Tip Top Club

The Magic Kingdom Security Color Guard will still retire the flag for the evening before sunset, just not the formal ceremony.

It is also irresponsible as a human being, to presume what another human being might or might not permit.

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
Can anyone comment on the entertainment lineup on the Castle Stage today.....just wondering who the featured talent was?

StringBeanDream

Can anyone comment on the entertainment lineup on the Castle Stage today.....just wondering who the featured talent was?

The Wanted - Santa Claus is coming to town

Il Volo - Feliz Navidad

Candice Glover - Oh Holy night

Neyo - Rockin around the Christmas tree, and let me love you

WDWBryan

Didnt get in yet, but it seems like it might be crowded. Already lines to park and crowds at the TTC. didnt have any issues last year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom